Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Top Secret CF rear diffuser (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 07:21 PM
Kileak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just tried installing my Shine replica and it wouldn't fit the stock muffler.

After the car was back on the ground and I was on my way home I thought about the steel diffuser that is bolted to the stock muffler and it got me wondering if it would fit without that part. I'm pretty sure not, but then again I could be wrong.

I will try again sometime tomorrow and see if anything can be done about it. But I thought I had found a thread where people were saying which exhausts would fit and which didn't, and now can't seem to find it...
Old 10-11-2013, 06:03 AM
Osborn Wu

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kileak
I just tried installing my Shine replica and it wouldn't fit the stock muffler.

After the car was back on the ground and I was on my way home I thought about the steel diffuser that is bolted to the stock muffler and it got me wondering if it would fit without that part. I'm pretty sure not, but then again I could be wrong.

I will try again sometime tomorrow and see if anything can be done about it. But I thought I had found a thread where people were saying which exhausts would fit and which didn't, and now can't seem to find it...
Thanks for the info! Please keep me updated when you get the time to try out something. I really want to get this diffuser but then I don't feel like dropping more money for some new exhaust :/
Old 10-11-2013, 10:20 AM
Kileak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's the thread about exhaust fitment on that diffuser:

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...ment-list.html

I did go out at lunch today and look at how the stock muffler hangs, and there's no way to fit the diffuser there without cutting it up / adding spacers (which will make it look like it doesn't fit) / or finding a way to get the muffler raised a good inch+...

Hope that helps. I'm currently looking into exhausts now... Going from pictures of the stock muffler and the Nismo, I can tell that should fit because the canister is smaller on it.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:43 PM
taryon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is my oem-type Nismo exhaust's clearance on the shine diffuser. It's just touching the diffuser No modifications required
Old 10-14-2013, 06:32 AM
Osborn Wu

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kileak
Here's the thread about exhaust fitment on that diffuser:

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...ment-list.html

I did go out at lunch today and look at how the stock muffler hangs, and there's no way to fit the diffuser there without cutting it up / adding spacers (which will make it look like it doesn't fit) / or finding a way to get the muffler raised a good inch+...

Hope that helps. I'm currently looking into exhausts now... Going from pictures of the stock muffler and the Nismo, I can tell that should fit because the canister is smaller on it.
Thanks for the link! That really helps!

Originally Posted by taryon

Here is my oem-type Nismo exhaust's clearance on the shine diffuser. It's just touching the diffuser No modifications required
Guess I should look into the nismo exhaust now :/
Old 10-20-2021, 04:22 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I want this diffsuer and also how awesome is it to go way back when someone says I took a picture with my PS2 controller