Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Burnt Orange Leather

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 05:50 PM
luvthez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burnt Orange Leather

I have been told by Courtesy Parts in TX that the BO leather is not available as a Nissan Accessory. Now I know I have seen this interior on other 350's. If it's not available as an accessory, how did it get there. I have seen the black/BO combination as well as the Sunset/ BO combination. Any infor would be appreciated.
Old 03-04-2003, 05:52 PM
Stone Z

The Burnt Orange leather is an optional color on the Black, Silverstone, and Lemans Sunset *Touring* Z's.
Old 03-04-2003, 11:00 PM
Jason

Great... I guess I'm screwed since I really wanted to add BO leather to my Track.
Old 03-05-2003, 05:37 AM
mysteriumZ
Charter Member #101

get the katzkin orange, it's slightly more orange, but you can hardly tell the difference, selxis200 and i both got it, we are very happy with it. here is a link to the pics\
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....hlight=katzkin
Old 03-05-2003, 08:21 AM
eZg

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

I spoke with one classicleather dealer this past Friday who called their rep about the BO color. The rep told us that there was a new color released last week called "Pumkin" that is supposed to be a match for the BO.

Spoke with a different dealer, James who is offering a discount on the Katskins but is also a classicleather dealer, he said that the new pumkin color is not a reality yet.

Still waiting to hear back from the first place with info on leadtime and price.
Old 03-05-2003, 01:16 PM
luvthez

Default leather

Thanks guys......keep the info coming regarding the BO leather. It would seem to me that the BO color will have to be matched by someone relatively soon. The Z, Maurano and maybe some others are all offering the same color. Maybe it's just a matter of time........my dealer is checking with Nissan parts to see if we can get the BO in other than touring. I will post info asap.
Old 03-05-2003, 02:14 PM
Slexis200

Katzkin all the way!!!!!!!!! Theyre hotter than the stock the more i see stock ones...... Go for it, only if you ge tthem installed for 800 less....... dont over pay!
Old 03-05-2003, 03:06 PM
luvthez

Default leather

Josh......I haven't seen the Katzkin orange installed. I do have a piece of the orange leather as a sample they sent me.There is no doubt that it is a brighter orange than the BO nissan color used in the Z as I have actually compared them side by side. I emailed Classic soft trim to see what they say about the Pumpkin color someoen else mentioned. Did you go solid color or two tone and did you use a perf panel or not?
Old 03-05-2003, 08:11 PM
Jason

Originally posted by eZg
I spoke with one classicleather dealer this past Friday who called their rep about the BO color. The rep told us that there was a new color released last week called "Pumkin" that is supposed to be a match for the BO.
SWEET!!! Please keep us updated on what you find out about this pumpkin color!! The Katzkin orage is a little to...well...orange for me.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:44 PM
NiTr0u5oXiDe

Originally posted by Slexis200
Katzkin all the way!!!!!!!!! Theyre hotter than the stock the more i see stock ones...... Go for it, only if you ge tthem installed for 800 less....... dont over pay!
IMO that Katzkin color is a little too orange... and the installation looks like crap... wrinkled and stuff... but whatever floats ur boat i guess...
Old 03-06-2003, 02:38 PM
luvthez

Default leather

spoke with classic soft trim people today. The Pumpkin color is definately available at this point in time however it is only available as an insert panel and not as a full seat color as is presently available in the Z. They told me that they didn't have a supplier for the vynal sides and back of the seat that would match. QUESTION who supplies Nissan with their vynal back and sides as I assume that their entire seat is not leather either?
Old 03-06-2003, 04:28 PM
Slexis200

well.......... every single person who has entered my car thought the orange looked amazing. I have gone in stock Z's and compared mine to it, and i must say i now think katzkin looks better. Trust me, it looks great........

For $700 i got an amazing deal, far, far better than those who bought the touring package. I dont like when people who dont know what theyre talking about, mouth off! The leather instalation looks greats, as does the color, enough said. And yes i have the exact set up as wayne, solid orange.
Old 03-06-2003, 04:46 PM
luvthez

Default leather

Slexis........did you have any embroidery done on your seats? Did you do the install or Kat dealer? Glad to hear that you are happy with how they turned out.....ATD is offering the same basic deal as you rec'd for about $830 I think. Not a bad price especially when the dealer wants $1200 or more.
Old 03-07-2003, 04:44 AM
eZg

Default Re: leather

Originally posted by luvthez
spoke with classic soft trim people today. The Pumpkin color is definately available at this point in time however it is only available as an insert panel and not as a full seat color as is presently available in the Z. They told me that they didn't have a supplier for the vynal sides and back of the seat that would match. QUESTION who supplies Nissan with their vynal back and sides as I assume that their entire seat is not leather either?
I'm sure this would be a deviation from thier norm, but I would be willing to pay a little extra to have the entire cover in leather instead of waiting for them to find a vynal supplier!
Old 03-07-2003, 05:45 AM
mysteriumZ
Charter Member #101

luvthez, slexis200 got his seats done at the same katz dealer as i did, its 700 for everything. it was a double deal, originally the dealer charged me 800 for perforation and 700 with out. After some bargining, we agreed 700 for slexis and i together, and all paid in cash.

egz, the katzkin seat does cover the entire seat, including the back. the quality of those seats are great.
Old 03-07-2003, 12:17 PM
eZg

Originally posted by mysteriumZ

egz, the katzkin seat does cover the entire seat, including the back. the quality of those seats are great. [/B]

Even though I like the bighter color orange of the katzkin, I have two things holding me back. I have a feeling the resale value may be hurt by an aftermarket color that was not a factory option(even though it is close). The katskin is supposed to have a better(softer) feel to it. I'm worried that it may be thinner leather and therefore look and feel "puffier" than factory seats.

No offense meant, and if no one steps up and offers the excact match to the BO color I will go with the katzkin "orange."
Old 03-07-2003, 08:42 PM
Jason

I'd love to find out who Nissans supplier is. It's not like Nissan kills the cows and stretches them over seats.

Some 3rd party is making the Burnt Orange leather, and I'd be suprised if it was impossible to source privately.