Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C-West Rumor

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 07:27 PM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default C-West Rumor

Recently there was a debate on this forum and others about replica kits.

During the debate it was stated by some members that C-West was shutting down due to replicas. I contacted C-West at the time, no response, well, I got one today in my email, here is my email and there response. Bottom line, if you don't want to read it, C-West says it is not true that they are going out of business.

My email (30 Sep 06)
A my350z.com member recently posted that you (C-West)are "closing down" due to companies making replicas of your products. Is this true that you are closing down? Would like to know, and post your response in the same forum, as I feel people might hesitate to purchase your product if you are going out of business.
Thank you for your time.

C-West Answer (23 Oct 06)
Due to our recent problem with our network system,
we would like to apologize for our late response.

And thank you for worrying about us.

No, we are not closing down our office.
We did hear that rumor too.
And there are a lot of our C-West copy products but
as long as you are buying for our authorized dealers, it should be OK.
Cheap copy products will not be a perfect fit.

Best Regards,

C-West USA

Last edited by gringott; 10-23-2006 at 07:30 PM.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:34 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good to see they responded.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:05 PM
Curt941

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I don't think a company as big as C-west is going to close down shop because of replicas, haha.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:13 PM
plumpzz

pwnt. (rickdogg will rebutle soon, interested in his remarks)
Old 10-24-2006, 07:26 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by plumpzz
pwnt. (rickdogg will rebutle soon, interested in his remarks)
I'm interested in his remarks as well, since it seemed the "C-West going out of business" was the cornerstone of his "replica's = suck" arguement.

It's good news to hear they're not. If they ever decide to make/bring over side skirts for their kits, I'm probably dropping Do-Luck and going with the full long nose kit.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:29 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Relicas FTW !
Old 10-24-2006, 07:39 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CarbonLTD
Relicas FTW !

Half Relish, Half Celica! FTL!
Old 10-24-2006, 07:49 AM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by Chebosto
Okay, Cheston, that has to be the funniest thing I've seen on this forum in a L.......O......N......G time.

Old 10-24-2006, 08:07 AM
Volk350Z
Master

If you don't mind me asking who email you back? Also just FYI no company that's going to close down will tell you they are closing down.. did they tell you where their warehouse are located now? and how often they get container in now? cause i know when they started they get container in every 1-2 weeks..
If I had a business and was to get rid of all my stock I will tell you we are doing just fine, etc... Well good to hear they are not closing but I know they are hurting bad..
Old 10-24-2006, 08:16 AM
gringott

Well, honestly, I don't care that much to pursue it any further. I'm not the one spreading rumors and misinformation. They (C-west) said they heard the rumor, said it wasn't true.
Again, I am not an "industry insider", I drive my Z, not trailer it to SEMA and pimp parts. I am what is called a "true enthusist", I do almost all my own wrench turning, pay for every part on the car, and the car itself. I have over 60K miles on my car, not one of them from driving to an auto show or to pick up sponsored parts.

Note I don't have "Thanks" to anybody in my sig. That is because anyone who provided me parts or services got paid. They should be thanking me.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:18 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

honestly, who cares? Seems this is more about addressing a personal agenda that some people have with others (whomever that might be) - if C West wants to close, they will, and I doubt highly they will publically announce it. If they are going to remain open, all the better as it gives us awesome products to use and offer to those that want them.

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 10-24-2006 at 08:20 AM.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:19 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Volk350Z
If you don't mind me asking who email you back? Also just FYI no company that's going to close down will tell you they are closing down.. did they tell you where their warehouse are located now? and how often they get container in now? cause i know when they started they get container in every 1-2 weeks..
If I had a business and was to get rid of all my stock I will tell you we are doing just fine, etc... Well good to hear they are not closing but I know they are hurting bad..
LOL B, just leave it be. It is not our place to reply for C-west in this instance. We do not need to explain C-west's situation to the detail. They answered the question he sent and just leave it at that.

Basically I took advice from a good forum friend that knows a lot going on in the industry, probably moreso than I and he advised me that I probably should not open up a can of worms on this matter and I agree. Volk350z originally first referenced C-west just as an example of what replicas do to aftermarket manufacturers and he would not have done so if he didn't have reason to. I love C-west and like the guys that run the US division very much and it is not my place to speak for them in this instance. They replied on this matter and I am going to leave it at that. I know what I know and that is good enough for me.

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
honestly, who cares? Seems this is more about addressing a personal agenda that some people have with others (whomever that might be) - if C West wants to close, they will, and I doubt highly they will publically announce it. If they are going to remain open, all the better as it gives us awesome products to use and offer to those that want them
Bingo! The truth never sounded sweeter.

Last edited by Rickdogg; 10-24-2006 at 08:22 AM.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:23 AM
gringott

No, just correcting a rumor that was started to pursue an agenda.

I do think they make some very nice products and wish them sucess in the future.

I hope the rumors did not hurt sales.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:56 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by Chebosto
Old 10-24-2006, 12:27 PM
topsecret2001
Sponsor
Bulletproof Automotive

there have been a lot of of speculation regarding this rumor. i'm not going to drop any details that would lead anyone to draw any conclusions...but they have been hurt the most imo with the replica market.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:17 PM
buzzardmountain

So basically, Z1 Performance, Rickdogg, and topsecret2001 are all saying C-West is gonna go out of business, like they have some inside info.

What in the world do I do now, I was gonna drop Do-Luck and go with C-West. Maybe that's why they haven't shipped any side skirts lately. Hmmmmm........
Old 10-24-2006, 01:22 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not saying anything - I have no idea if they are or not but I know we've just recently received parts from them, and have never had an issue.

Do Luck - don't get me started on those guys

C West has not shipped any skirts because they have not had any. Remember body kits, like wheels (Brian I am sure can vouch for this) is seasonal. Fall into winter is not exactly the time a company wants to be inventory heavy on that sort of stuff.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:24 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
So basically, Z1 Performance, Rickdogg, and topsecret2001 are all saying C-West is gonna go out of business, like they have some inside info.

What in the world do I do now, I was gonna drop Do-Luck and go with C-West. Maybe that's why they haven't shipped any side skirts lately. Hmmmmm........
You can still order their parts and get them as of now.

http://www.c-westusa.com/
Old 10-24-2006, 01:26 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Only time will tell
Old 10-25-2006, 05:34 AM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
I'm not saying anything - I have no idea if they are or not but I know we've just recently received parts from them, and have never had an issue.

Do Luck - don't get me started on those guys

C West has not shipped any skirts because they have not had any. Remember body kits, like wheels (Brian I am sure can vouch for this) is seasonal. Fall into winter is not exactly the time a company wants to be inventory heavy on that sort of stuff.

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
You can still order their parts and get them as of now.

http://www.c-westusa.com/

Even if it's seasonal, why would you ship front and rear bumpers and no side skirts. Someone that I've talked to that's "in the know" says they haven't had a container that contained side skirts in them for quite some time now. I know forum members here now, that have been waiting for some time for side skirts. So that would lead me to believe maybe they're just unloading product /inventory from Japan.

I know you guys are just backing up from previous statements trying to do the PC thing. I think we can all gather what you're implying.

Quick Reply: C-West Rumor