Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Teaser shots: B-magic CF Doors and Sarona Front Fenders

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 05:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Teaser shots: B-magic CF Doors and Sarona Front Fenders

Car has been in the bodyshop since July after a small fender bender.

Most of that time....actually all of that time has been spent waiting for parts. Many were special order from Japan....unfortunately.

Here is the list of goodies going on, however I only have teaser shots of the doors and front fenders as the rest is still under wraps.
-B-Magic CF doors
-Sarona vented front fenders
-Weber Sports front bumper (with CF center)
-Ings +1 E-type rear bumper
-SumoPower Lexan driver's and passengers windows

I'm thinking of calling this project Chimera since I have body parts from all different companies. lol. That would bother some people, but it's my car and I'm only putting what I like on it.

Basically I normally wouldn't post pics until the project is complete, but I know there aren't too many pics of the B-Magic CF doors or the Sarona fenders floating around. So, I just wanted to add some to the community while I wait for my car to be finished.

1.) Doors with plastic wrap still on it
2.) Close up of the CF weave
3.) Front fender mounted
4.) Close up of vent

P.S. The doors are being painted Le Mans Sunset.
Attached Thumbnails Teaser shots: B-magic CF Doors and Sarona Front Fenders-b-magic-carbon-fiber-doors.jpg   Teaser shots: B-magic CF Doors and Sarona Front Fenders-b-magic-carbon-fiber-doors-1.jpg   Teaser shots: B-magic CF Doors and Sarona Front Fenders-sarona-vented-front-fenders.jpg   Teaser shots: B-magic CF Doors and Sarona Front Fenders-sarona-vented-front-fenders-1.jpg  

Last edited by 21112; 11-21-2006 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:54 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how much thsoe puppies weigh/cost?
Old 11-21-2006, 07:57 PM
steveiZdaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

please give me a good answer....how did the sarona vented fenders fit? lot of prep work or they fit perfect?
Old 11-21-2006, 08:07 PM
st350z

are you painting any part of the doors
Old 11-21-2006, 08:10 PM
tonester1011
CF God

Originally Posted by steveiZdaman
please give me a good answer....how did the sarona vented fenders fit? lot of prep work or they fit perfect?
i got them and they needed ALOT of work...once u sand through the gelcoat my body shop said they were not that nice. so they cost some loot for me to get them done. the fit is decent but lots of prepwork was needed for me
Old 11-22-2006, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by Motormouth
how much thsoe puppies weigh/cost?
Don't know exactly what the weight is....but I can lift them with one finger!
Now that it is mounted, it feels like it's about the same weight as if you cut a door out of cardboard and put that on the car! Seriously, it's incredibly light. Of course I'm putting the interior panel back on, the speaker, and the door handles. However I'm putting lexan windows in and leaving out the window motor. So, there will be a significant weight savings.

I think it cost a little over $700. Much less than the seibon.
However there is a plus and minus to being so lightweight. I figure I'm going have to be VERY careful when opening and closing the door. Too much pressure in one area will probably crack it. Of course the interior panel should reinforce the door a bit.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by steveiZdaman
Don't know yet. The bodyshop said they looked like they'll fit good but you must remember....I have new doors, a new front fender, a different hood, and different sideskirts...so it's not lining up with ANY stock panels. So I really couldn't tell you fitment with stock.

But I'll know more after everything has been put on the car.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by st350z
are you painting any part of the doors
See the little PS note in my first post.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:53 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Any plans for a roll cage with the doors?
Old 11-22-2006, 06:32 AM
Z04

you know, i give you props for the work and the effort, but just hate to see the results if you are involved in a side impact accident. drive safe
Old 11-22-2006, 07:23 AM
Iv0rYg35

+1 on the issues associated with getting sorona parts ready for paint. I purchased a roof spoiler for my 04.5 g35 coupe & was PITA to get it all prepped.... but I love the final product.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by CarbonLTD
Any plans for a roll cage with the doors?
To tell the truth, I'm not sure.
Ultimate plan has always been to get a good set of racing seats with a harness bar and roll hoop. I never really wanted to extend the cage into the front compartement though. However now that I have the doors I MAY add side impact bars to the plans...it all depends on how hard it makes it to get into or out of the car.

The way I look at things...there is risk involved in everything you do. I always compare everything I do in the car that involves an increased risk with my motorcycle. There are no seatbelts, airbags, or rollcage on the bike.

People can say what they want, but in the end....you don't ever have to be a passenger in my car if you don't want to. I'll completely understand.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:30 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It would be dumb IMO to rock lexan on doors as weight savings and not the heaviest glass, the rear hatch. I suggest you look into having that lexan as well (with a cf hatch) for some nice weight savings...
Old 11-22-2006, 08:46 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by Alberto
It would be dumb IMO to rock lexan on doors as weight savings and not the heaviest glass, the rear hatch. I suggest you look into having that lexan as well (with a cf hatch) for some nice weight savings...
I'd have to agree.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Alberto
Haha. Sorry, typed words are so impersonal at times. Reading that quickly, it seems as you are calling me dumb without even knowing me or my plans....But I always give people the benefit of the doubt and will take it as good advice, and say thank you for your advice...because it is sound advice.

However, let me put your mind at ease on my intellect....a cf hatch and lexan rear window are in the works....just not immediately. Right now I'm only replacing pieces of the car that were damaged in the accident. (I'm not made of money you know, haha.) If the hatch were damaged, I'd be replacing that right now, but it wasn't, so I'll have to wait on that. I'll probably get the seibon hatch and a flat sheet of tinted lexan to bolt to the hatch. (because I sure as hell ain't buying the top secret acrylic glass for the price they want!)

What I really want is to get a front window in lexan. I think it would have to be preformed (as in a flat sheet won't work), and I don't know of anyone making that. Oh well, that is a worry that is far, far down the road.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:29 AM
Amiricanmade

I would be ****tin my pants driving if i were you. If god forbid you get hit from the side your effed
Old 11-22-2006, 09:58 AM
twenzel

Yes, a roll cage with side support bars are very necessary if you are going to be driving this car anywhere.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:15 AM
steveiZdaman

Originally Posted by tonester1011
i got them and they needed ALOT of work...once u sand through the gelcoat my body shop said they were not that nice. so they cost some loot for me to get them done. the fit is decent but lots of prepwork was needed for me
yea i always figure everything im getting put on is gona need prepwork question is though how much....it can be cheap if its not a lot of work it can be 5-600 in prep work if it needs alot....sucks that yours needed a lot of work but i assume they are all going to need SOME work...thanks
Old 11-22-2006, 10:16 AM
steveiZdaman

Originally Posted by 21112
Don't know yet. The bodyshop said they looked like they'll fit good but you must remember....I have new doors, a new front fender, a different hood, and different sideskirts...so it's not lining up with ANY stock panels. So I really couldn't tell you fitment with stock.

But I'll know more after everything has been put on the car.
yea i got ya....keep us informed how everything goes