Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, my passenger side "door arm" is gone!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 05:41 PM
tripndesi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, my passenger side "door arm" is gone!

Guys, for some unknown reason, my handle on my passenger side door came off. I am including a picture so you can see. What are options other than glue? I Do not want to use that, what are the costs involved? Do i have to get a new passenger side panel for this?

2. Also my passenger side power window wont go up

3. I hear random clicks from the back when shifting the car from reverse into drive.

4. While opening the hood of my car it had a red and white sticker indicating it was equipped with remote start. Is this possible? How do I enable this?

My miles on my 2003 Car is at 87k.

Please let me know the top things to take advantage of while my car is still under warranty!

Please advise
Attached Thumbnails Help, my passenger side "door arm" is gone!-smalldriverside.jpg  
Old 11-23-2006, 06:18 PM
ZCARBANDIT
Banned

1. I cant remember how they attach.

2. Alot of the earlier z's have window probs. Youll be paying for it now w/o the warranty.

3.Prob. the rear axle tsb. Which they coat the axle in new grease and replace the hardware.

4. Aftermarket remote starter. Be better off either getting another one or just not using it.

Unless you have something like a mastertech warranty you will be paying for the work. Unless you do it yourself. Which isn't the hardest in the world.

P.S Use the search button for the axle and the window stuff. It's littered everywhere on the site.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:17 PM
350ZEnthusiast

Pry off the aluminum cover and you will see two screws. If you can screw it back on, then great. If not, you might have scripped the holes where the screws go and will need to fix them.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:28 AM
ericjackson

it is broken, it is a $20 part from performance nissan or your local dealer. it goes on w/ screws on the top and bottom. as for you window motor, there is a thread somewhere on a fix. it worked for me.

btw, my handle has broken twice, if you need me to write directions, let me know. it is very simple
Old 11-28-2006, 08:30 AM
ericjackson

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...03&catalogid=2

i assume it is black from the picture, this is all you will need, you can just pry off the alluminum peice and place it on the new grip handle
Old 11-28-2006, 08:35 AM
ericjackson

https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-and-repair/142013-window-motor-repair-replace-motor-brushes-3.html

check this page out. it fixed my pass window. for some it may just be a temp fix. but it is still a fix