My first kit...a lil help

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 04:03 PM
Risky_Business
Quadrant 987c

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My first kit...a lil help

Hi Guys/Gals,

Ok, well, I was going to save this for when the weather was consistently warmer and I could actually post some pix but I have run into a bit of a snag. I recently purchased the Suzuka body kit for the ’06 Z (along w/ some carbon fiber engine dress up pieces and the front clear LED side markers). While the latter are now on by my local Nissan dealer, I was told they couldn’t do the kit because "they weren’t confident in it properly staying on the car."

Now, the Zstore claims it simply uses the double sided tape as provided. I could imagine some other type of adhesive might need to be incorporated as well, but I don’t get why they aren't able do the kit for me. I know the kit works because there have been other posts with it on here.

Ie here.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ghlight=Suzuka

I’m beginning to think they’re not liking the fact that they can’t put a mark up on parts I bring to them b/c they always bring the conversation around to quoting me on the Nismo body kit. I would do this in heartbeat but we are all aware of the front lip issue.

Anyway…my question is…do you guys think I should just continue to search locally for a place that simply specializes in body kit install or is there something else I am missing?

My instincts tell me they’re trying to pull one over on me but I need the experts here to chime in. Seeing is believing and this is the way I envision my Z. I don’t want to “settle” for something else that just isn't me.

Ps. Z-U-Later…hopefully you see this, cause my Z is starting to look like yours. Lol. My bad/I didn’t even realize. Sheck4, you’re in T.O. too…maybe we can find a place together? Thanks all.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:21 PM
Elohite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why are you trying to do this through the dealer?

is it already painted? if not get it painted through a body shop

install it yourself, i did mine with a friend. I learned a lot and am now conifdent about removing anything from the car.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:26 PM
Risky_Business
Quadrant 987c

Default Well...

the original reason was because they said it would not be a problem. That, coupled with the fact that I was getting other stuff done and I have limited experience with kits themselves.

I was really just trying to clarify if this kit would even "stay on properly" with the double sided tape as Nissan was essentially describing that as soon as I drove off the lot, they would fall off lol...

excuse my bodykit newbieness...

Last edited by Risky_Business; 03-19-2007 at 04:29 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:17 PM
noodleman

350ztoronto got his ings+1 lx replica kit painted & installed at velocity (on heritage rd), his results looked good, and the price was right.

Paint matched looked pretty good imo. You might want to PM him about it.

here's a pic i took of his car from last fall...

hope this helps.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Risky_Business
Quadrant 987c

Default Thanks!!!!!

Thanks so much Noodleman!. Much appreciated. I will definitely check this place out. Love the example pic...in SS nonetheless.

Thanks again
Old 03-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Elohite

I dunno, I do not have experience with this because I have always drilled lips in.IMHO I would not trust a lip being held on with JUST double sided tape, anyone have a comment who has run purely on double sided tape?

I say this because when I first got my Amuse kit, the sideskirts were all bolted on the bottom, and double sided taped on the sides and middle. It didn't last, maybe 2 weeks before it got loose and popped off. At that time I drilled them in myself on the sides and middle and now it looks great and I dont have to worry about it.

-James