Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear windshield fluid leaking on WOT

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 09:15 AM
sumfknguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear windshield fluid leaking on WOT

anyone else have this problem? When i go WOT my rear window sprayer leaks fluid...

sounds gross, but its almost like the car get's excited and.. well, you know.. lol

the other night when i left the drag strip my back window was full of windshield fluid..

this is more of an annoyance than anything else... but if anyone has had this problem and knows how to fix it please chime in...
Old 05-11-2007, 09:18 AM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sumfknguy
anyone else have this problem? When i go WOT my rear window sprayer leaks fluid...

sounds gross, but its almost like the car get's excited and.. well, you know.. lol

the other night when i left the drag strip my back window was full of windshield fluid..

this is more of an annoyance than anything else... but if anyone has had this problem and knows how to fix it please chime in...
This is a common problem IIRC. I think most people just d/c the hose that runs to it.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:18 AM
wasuber

OMFG !! dude, you too? I was auto-xing a couple weeks back and noticed fluid all over my rear window too.

Weird.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:23 AM
michaeljr6

wow nissan qaulity sucks.....time to buy a chevy
Old 05-11-2007, 09:55 AM
Chako135

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea right...mine has that problem too though
Old 05-11-2007, 09:57 AM
Shift_Z33

There was already a thread on this last month. It happens to pretty much all of them. Mine does it too. No big deal, just a little drool on the back.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:03 AM
sumfknguy

i searched but could not find anything... but cool.. i guess i will just live with it..

thanks for the replies..
Old 05-11-2007, 10:04 AM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,448 Likes on 1,769 Posts

My Z did the same thing.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:08 AM
XuperXero

Same here... Is it possible to get it fixed under warranty by Nissan? What's involved? Might be a simple DIY...
Old 05-13-2007, 08:16 AM
saberphx

I get this too, maybe you could just disconnect the hose or just plug the end. I don't think I've ever used the rear window washer fluid.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:17 AM
06r33z

WOT=fluid washer FTL!!!
Old 05-13-2007, 08:22 AM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That would be a glitch in the rear window washer pump that is on the Res. or the fact you have 12 feet of line that is full of fluid and enertia is just doing it's thing. Thats all u can do ---plug it at the nozzle
Old 05-13-2007, 11:05 AM
Track

Mine stopped doing this a long time ago when I was getting my oil changed. The service guy came to the waiting room and told me there were several TSB's (such as stronger springs on the hatch) that they would fix for free if I was willing to wait. I wasn't having any problems, but wanted to use that time to test drive a Roadster, so I said wtf and told him to go for it.

I do not know ALL the things they did, but now that I read this thread and think back, mine used to do that too... UNTIL they did all those TSB's while I was on a test drive. Maybe, just maybe, one of those things included fixing this issue?

It hasn't happened to me in so long I forgot it was ever an issue. Can't hurt to have them look it up for you.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:42 AM
Accordaleer

Holy **** lol mine does the same, i was going nuts, you dont want that **** running down the window after you just cleaned the **** out of it. Hasnt done it in few days but i only use the my jets front and rear if my car is already dirty. I never use them if my car is clean, then you get the damn water marks and stuff.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:23 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I stopped using the rear squirter right after getting the car and seeing that it dribbled regularly. Once the feed tube drys up, it won't be a problem anymore.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:27 AM
saberphx

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
I stopped using the rear squirter right after getting the car and seeing that it dribbled regularly. Once the feed tube drys up, it won't be a problem anymore.
I've never used my rear squirter and its been leaking for 2 years.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:47 AM
rockinbboy

Originally Posted by Track
Mine stopped doing this a long time ago when I was getting my oil changed. The service guy came to the waiting room and told me there were several TSB's (such as stronger springs on the hatch) that they would fix for free if I was willing to wait. I wasn't having any problems, but wanted to use that time to test drive a Roadster, so I said wtf and told him to go for it.

I do not know ALL the things they did, but now that I read this thread and think back, mine used to do that too... UNTIL they did all those TSB's while I was on a test drive. Maybe, just maybe, one of those things included fixing this issue?

It hasn't happened to me in so long I forgot it was ever an issue. Can't hurt to have them look it up for you.
wow...sounds like a nice service dept for them to like fix the tsb without you even asking for it.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:49 PM
Track

Originally Posted by rockinbboy
wow...sounds like a nice service dept for them to like fix the tsb without you even asking for it.
They are AWESOME. We have a great raport and they are mod-friendly too. The sales dept. is horrible, but the service guys more than make up for that.

In spite of how much I dislike the sales staff, I'll buy my next Z from them just because the service dept. guys rock and treat me like a king (even though I'm more like the jester).

I can't say enough good things about them. They treat me like family. They sold me my NISMO exhaust for a loss to beat the GB price here. They are constantly offering to go above and beyond and I give them mega-props every chance I get.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:08 PM
Accordaleer

Just when i thought it stopped leaking.... washed car today and stopped by dealership with friends at like 1am to check out the other colors i could have gotten lol and was like WTF! saw it on my back window, weve come to the conclusion the car **** itself when i floor it from sheer excitement. Love how dealerships leave their cars open, I could have taken all new floormats and any peice i wanted from a Z, no cameras around either. Stopped by Honda 2 lots over and their s2k was locked and didnt have antenna.... not saying i would have taken it... haha, love them, stopped by with friend one night and sat in porsche they had out, i guess a lot of dealerships leave the doors open. I saw Honda had a camera. Hah some jealous people such as my brother call my car impracticle.... then i saw the s2k and was like yea ok and im impracticle lol. Hes mad hes driving a new Max with same car payments as me and i have half the insurance and 7 years younger than him... BAM!