Got my ZREST from Grey Matter today!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 03:27 AM
kitkos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: IS THAT A CD HOLDER?

Originally posted by 350Zwannabe
WOW. It looks like someone just stuck a square cusion on top. Oh, they did.lol
What's wrong Audi doesn't have a forum for you so you gotta come over here and take jabs at Z items?
I have had an aftermarket arm rest in all four of my Z's and will get one in the next several I own.

The purpose of this piece is to eliminate the gap between your elbow and the consol. It does exactly what it is designed to do and looks like it is made with the same quality and materials as an original piece.
Old 05-16-2003, 05:38 AM
350Zwannabe

Default Re: Re: IS THAT A CD HOLDER?

Originally posted by kitkos
What's wrong Audi doesn't have a forum for you so you gotta come over here and take jabs at Z items?
I have had an aftermarket arm rest in all four of my Z's and will get one in the next several I own.

The purpose of this piece is to eliminate the gap between your elbow and the consol. It does exactly what it is designed to do and looks like it is made with the same quality and materials as an original piece.
Hey nice jab tough guy, except I'm not on this forum to Jab people just give my honest opinion. I've hung the rings up for now and its time to have some fun with the Z. AudiWorld is a great site and the people are extremely knowledgable and technical and for some odd reason rarely any arguments with members. Oh well, maybe a different age group.(Mature)

I know what the purpose of the piece is for but I still think it looks unfinished. Wow, fancy stitch job and leather AND!. Make it wrap around the sides so it hugs the console. Thats a more finished look. I'm quite sure it helps but just looks stuck on to me. I certainly don't have the talent to make any of that stuff so more power to you. I hope you make alot of $$$ from your project. MAybe you should try some GEL INSERTS!!!HEY, thats My Opinion, CHILLLLLLLL. TGIF.

PS. "We don't make the products, we make them BETTER."
Old 05-16-2003, 09:22 AM
kitkos

It's not my product. I didn't make it and don't sell it.
I did purchase one though.
As for your 'wrap arounds'... had you read GreyMatter's post with pics you would see he originally tried your idea and it didn't work out.
I've said my piece. When you change your name from 'wannabe' to 'i-actually-own-a-Z-so-my-opinion-counts' I will be happy to converse more.
Old 05-16-2003, 10:12 AM
350Zwannabe

Default Big talker

[I've said my piece. When you change your name from 'wannabe' to 'i-actually-own-a-Z-so-my-opinion-counts' I will be happy to converse more. [/B][/QUOTE]

I am proud to say that I am a Z owner and love the car but Damn, some Z owners must think that their SH*T don't stink. I see you think your to good to speak to people that might not have the same car as you. You would be suprised to know that there are a handful of people on this forum that don't actually own a Z. You should open your mind and allow yourself to listen to what others are saying. You might learn something.

All I did was express my opinion about what I thought of the what should be a $19.95 leather wrapped piece of foam ZRest and you attacked me buddy. Don't be childish although this thread is becoming so, SORRY! OK, if you want the last word go for it. I promise no matter how harsh you want to be I won't comment. OH, whats wrong with 350Zwannabe? It got your attention didn't it?? That was my intention.....
Old 05-16-2003, 02:44 PM
franklinz

50 dollars for that!! lol, im sorry but its a nice idea but id rather make one myself and save the moolah.
franklinz
Old 05-16-2003, 03:26 PM
kitkos

Here is a shot of the ZRest in action.
Attached Thumbnails Got my ZREST from Grey Matter today!-zrest.jpg  
Old 05-16-2003, 06:48 PM
Grey Matter

I would like thank everyone who has ordered a ZREST and those who are taking the time to make positive comments about it. For the others, everyone is entitled to an opinion, since that is what makes the world go around For those who comment about the price or say they could make one themselves, I think it can come down to what items you are will to spend money on for your car, and/or what is your time worth. To make one yourself, do you want to source the material (and try and find a match), sew it together and finish it off to where it looks like something you would like to have in your car, all in the first try? Furthermore, many individuals do not hesitate to spend hundreds or thousands on items that improve the looks (carbon fiber accessories, body kits, etc.) of their car without any improvements in the driving experience. I do feel that since 350Z lacks an armrest, the ZREST is something that can make the driving experience better and driving more comfortable, that is why I decided to make the ZREST

Thank you again.
Old 05-16-2003, 09:11 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: Re: IS THAT A CD HOLDER?

Originally posted by 350Zwannabe
Hey nice jab tough guy, except I'm not on this forum to Jab people just give my honest opinion. I've hung the rings up for now and its time to have some fun with the Z. AudiWorld is a great site and the people are extremely knowledgable and technical and for some odd reason rarely any arguments with members. Oh well, maybe a different age group.(Mature)

I know what the purpose of the piece is for but I still think it looks unfinished. Wow, fancy stitch job and leather AND!. Make it wrap around the sides so it hugs the console. Thats a more finished look. I'm quite sure it helps but just looks stuck on to me. I certainly don't have the talent to make any of that stuff so more power to you. I hope you make alot of $$$ from your project. MAybe you should try some GEL INSERTS!!!HEY, thats My Opinion, CHILLLLLLLL. TGIF.
why does the "MATURE" comment at the end of the 1st paragraph seem so out of place with the rest of this post????
Old 05-16-2003, 09:20 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if its any consolation I believe you, and it looks good(tho personal opinion, I would work to possibly hide the velcro).

certainly has merit to the idea tho. luckily Im short enough that my arm rests comfortably on the console, but that doesnt change that it looks good.

Last edited by ares; 05-16-2003 at 09:23 PM.
Old 05-17-2003, 03:46 AM
kitkos

Originally posted by ares
I would work to possibly hide the velcro).
Actually that is only due to the angle of the camera.
You can NOT see the velcro from any NORMAL viewing angle.
Of course that is taking into consideration that you won't (normally) have your face 3 inches above the seat firing off a very bright flash.

Ares, So how are my smoked LED's coming? Can't wait to see what people have to say about them when I post.
Old 05-17-2003, 05:03 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ask courtesy parts... ordered 8 days ago and were "instock". *taps foot impatiently*
Old 05-17-2003, 12:07 PM
socos

Default Re: Got my ZREST from Grey Matter today!

Like Arnold in T2:

Your wheels, gib dem to me.

Originally posted by DURSO
Hey Duane,
Got my ZREST today. It looks and perfoms as you said. Very nice construction/quality. Matches the interior perfectly!
I will be taking pics soon, probably this weekend if it is not raining.
Thanks - Tony
Old 05-19-2003, 05:02 AM
350Zwannabe

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: IS THAT A CD HOLDER?

Originally posted by rodH
why does the "MATURE" comment at the end of the 1st paragraph seem so out of place with the rest of this post????
Once again your always right Rod. Just don't be offended by the mature comment, ok.
I swear, I;ve never been so much of an oppinionated D*ck before until I visited this site.