Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nice black aftermarket headlights dont fit HID WHY?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 07:12 PM
Fastass350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice black aftermarket headlights dont fit HID WHY?!?!?!

How come all the really nice headlights that are black wont fir HID... why?? What makes them so different...do you think it worth it and go with them and get an hid conversion for them?? i want them black but i want my hid....
Old 06-16-2007, 12:48 AM
fr0ng

/violin
Old 06-16-2007, 12:53 AM
SteevoZ

get yours customized, thats what many people do.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:31 AM
6894kevin

www.MrZipps.com

Nuf Said!
Old 06-16-2007, 07:17 AM
Track

+11ty million
Old 06-17-2007, 05:08 AM
Fastass350z

nice web site thanks for that info BUT... my 350 is a daily driver i cant send my lights to him and have down time like that...
Old 06-17-2007, 05:33 AM
Track

I don't know if Dan is still doing this (you'll have to ask him), but I sent him a money order for the '07 Bi-Xenon HID's + his top-of-the-line package. He picked up the OEM lights, did his thing to them, and I had them in my grubby little paws later that same week.

Dan rocks! This is also a perfect opportunity to do a 6000k conversion and switch your OEM parking lights for LED's and get "stealth" bulbs for the parking lights (available from Intense).

If you already have the new Bi-Xenon HID's, then just overnight them to Dan and you'll probably have them back in a week or less. You will be glad you did.

Now that I have MrZipps modded lights, people are again asking me what kind of car I have, just like when it was new. It gives it such a different look that non-Zed drivers will wonder what you have.

Close up (mine are not black, but rather a Porsche color called Midnight Metallic Gray)

Behind a resturant (at a meet)

At the gates to my village (closed-gate community)

Close up at night:

It will give your car a whole new life and lights up the road like nothing I've ever seen.

While I love the aesthetics of the Z, the original design calls too much attention to the headlights with all that chrome and glass and the bug-eye look of the new Bi-Xenons.

MrZipps fixes ALL that and balances out the lights with the car. Now they just look more "right"... the way they should have looked from the factory. But don't fret it, Nissan may have dropped the ball on the headlights, but Dan scooped up the fumble and took it all the way into the end-zone.

Damn.

How long until football season starts again?

I think I'm having withdrawals.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:52 AM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Track
I don't know if Dan is still doing this (you'll have to ask him), but I sent him a money order for the '07 Bi-Xenon HID's + his top-of-the-line package. He picked up the OEM lights, did his thing to them, and I had them in my grubby little paws later that same week.

Dan rocks! This is also a perfect opportunity to do a 6000k conversion and switch your OEM parking lights for LED's and get "stealth" bulbs for the parking lights (available from Intense).

If you already have the new Bi-Xenon HID's, then just overnight them to Dan and you'll probably have them back in a week or less. You will be glad you did.

Now that I have MrZipps modded lights, people are again asking me what kind of car I have, just like when it was new. It gives it such a different look that non-Zed drivers will wonder what you have.

Close up (mine are not black, but rather a Porsche color called Midnight Metallic Gray)

Behind a resturant (at a meet)

At the gates to my village (closed-gate community)

Close up at night:

It will give your car a whole new life and lights up the road like nothing I've ever seen.

While I love the aesthetics of the Z, the original design calls too much attention to the headlights with all that chrome and glass and the bug-eye look of the new Bi-Xenons.

MrZipps fixes ALL that and balances out the lights with the car. Now they just look more "right"... the way they should have looked from the factory. But don't fret it, Nissan may have dropped the ball on the headlights, but Dan scooped up the fumble and took it all the way into the end-zone.

Damn.

How long until football season starts again?

I think I'm having withdrawals.
Those headlights are SOOO nice looking, makes me wanna do that, now if only i can find about $1500
Old 06-17-2007, 12:39 PM
6894kevin

Originally Posted by Fastass350z
nice web site thanks for that info BUT... my 350 is a daily driver i cant send my lights to him and have down time like that...
Rent a car for a week for about 100 bucks,
Old 06-17-2007, 05:25 PM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just finished blacking-out my HID's today. Took about six hours or so start to finish.

Used the little guide that's in the DIY area. Hardest parts were getting the HID bulb assembly out of the light and opening the lights themselves after baking them int he oven.

Came out great.... I love all the information on this site, couldn't do it without it.

plus... it was free, save for the couple of bucks in paint and silicone.

Rob