Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the link, but it doesn't really help much
Old 05-01-2006, 04:55 AM
Pilot_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the link, but it doesn't really help much
Exactly what are you looking for?

If you click around in there you can see:

> there are two options for the spoiler-style sunroof, both vith various sizes.

> there is a "dealer" link to help you find an installer in your area.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:33 AM
"Z"orilla

Originally Posted by DURSO
Thanks....

Cost was about $800

Dont really notice any wind noise, even at high speed 80+. It seals up really well. It makes a vacume noise when you close it while driving.

Took about 5 hrs. to install at the Webasto Factory in Santa Fe Springs, CA

They used the same headliner...And I have the Curtain airbags.
LOOKS GREAT! It turns out we have a dealer/installer right here in Baton Rouge..........................Can I ask what model sunroof you got?
Old 05-05-2006, 10:29 AM
pikapp168

I called the store that is closest to me American Radio. They are a dealer for them but said that they haven't done one on a Z yet and said that they weren't sure how it would turn out due to the fact the roof is so curved. They told me that the roof would have to flaten out where the sunroof was but wasn't sure how to do it. I wish I could find someone that knows how. As for now I guess I'll stick with the windows rolled down.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:34 AM
wldkatz03

Originally Posted by pikapp168
I called the store that is closest to me American Radio. They are a dealer for them but said that they haven't done one on a Z yet and said that they weren't sure how it would turn out due to the fact the roof is so curved. They told me that the roof would have to flaten out where the sunroof was but wasn't sure how to do it. I wish I could find someone that knows how. As for now I guess I'll stick with the windows rolled down.
hey pikapp...just noticed your name...i'm a pi kapp myself! Beta Theta Univ. of AZ...where you from?
Old 05-05-2006, 11:04 AM
ANXIOUZ

I think the sunroof is killer. But none of those pics really show it off well.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:08 PM
Pilot_Z

Webasto Sunroof model:
Stratos 300 Med.

I dont see this mode at their website: http://www.webasto-us.com/press/en/a...roofs_497.html

Any other manufacturers?

Any other comments on sunroofs?

Any other members have them installed?

Thanks!
...just trying to keep this thread going...
can anyone comment on my unanswered Qs?
Old 07-19-2006, 09:14 PM
Pilot_Z

^^ttt^^
Old 07-20-2006, 04:48 AM
2 low Z

I don't have one, but it looks like this model to me.

http://www.webasto-us.com/press/en/a...oofs_3403.html

Hollandia 300 Medium

Features:
Protective Venus glass keeps out UV and heat
Rolling sunshade, infinitely positionable
Self-deploying wind deflector
Soft-touch operation gives you easy open and close
Automatic, ignition off auto-close
Safety system prevents panel from closing on object
Dimensions:
Glass Size: 30 1/4" x 13 3/16"
Look Thru Opening: 24 1/2" x 10 1/4"

See it installed in these vehicles:

2003 Nissan 350Z
Old 07-20-2006, 07:18 AM
boma

Will the Hatch opened up hit the sunroof while it is open?
Old 08-25-2006, 02:29 PM
Pilot_Z

Bump!
Old 08-25-2006, 02:34 PM
IceBurnzTT

What do you want to know I've had 2 on 2 diff Z's for over 2 years now so I got your answers. I'll check this thread later
Old 08-25-2006, 02:34 PM
zz350zz

Didn't durso sell the car?
Old 09-07-2006, 02:22 PM
Pilot_Z

Originally Posted by IceBurnzTT
What do you want to know I've had 2 on 2 diff Z's for over 2 years now so I got your answers. I'll check this thread later
Ice:

I'd like to know which model # of the Webasto unit you got.

I am concerned about how the curvature of the glass will match the curvature of the roof.

Does it leak?

Noisy?

How much is the unit?

How much is labor?

Would you do it again?

Any horror stories?

And besides all that, it just gives me heartburn to have some rednecks cut a hole in my beautiful roof...

Show me some pics of it on your car (please).
>Closed, so I can see how the glass matches the roofline.
>Tilted up, not back.
>Full open and back.
>From the inside.

Thanks!

Pilot_Z
Old 09-08-2006, 03:40 PM
IceBurnzTT

Ok fellas sorry i checked it for a little then forgot. Here's your answers.

First off i dont know the model number off hand but there is only one model that i was told fits the car. Obviosuly we can not have a sunroof that retracts inside the car being as the design of our roofs. Therefore the only option was one that retracts back over the roof itself.

As far as noise the only thin you will hear is the wind as you constantly have it open. I drive with the darn thing open in Florida rain if that tells you anything. The shape of our car allows for very minimal rain ( talking drops ) to get through the actual opening while doing highway driving. this might be everyone's choice to do but im just giving you an example of how great it is. When closed there is no noise that one can identify. Granted i have other things making noise in and around the car but the fact ive never heard it in the 2 Zs i had with it even when the car was stock should be enough evidence. I was VERY skeptical of this when i first had it done in June of 2003 but they did not disappoint. I literally stop over the car on a ladder and hosed directly onto the sunroof to test if it would leak or not because the isntaller was so confident in the work. He won that bet. I live in florida most of the time and even after the 2nd Z's install have not once had a drop come in even in the ridiculous rain we sustain during hurricane season.

If i recall my total costs installed and with labor and the works ( even got a brand new headliner for free that was better quality than stock ) was under $750. This includes a warranty of i want to say 3+ years but the guy flat told me i had a lifetime because they were so confident yet again. I had only one issue ever and that was lack of grease in the tracks so the roof wouldnt shut. Routine maintenance that slipped my mind so after 2 years the issue arose. I took it in to see what was wrong. They replaced the entire motor mechanism for me and cleaned out the tracks free of charge.

As for doing it again. I can't imagine having a Z without one at this point. This was the perfect mod for me out of everything i did and even when i found there was the ZR coming back i knew this was the best of both worlds. People are overly cautious but out of all the mods ive done this one has been the least hazardous. The initial commitment is the only hard part. Unless you intend on flipping your car over into a ditch i wouldnt worry too much about structural integrity. If that happens you have other issues to worry about. Like how you managed to be in that situation to begin with.

I STRONGLY recommend seeing if this company is in your area. I cant help but laugh at people driving across the country to get this done. I mean i know you all love your Z's but i thought tiwce about driving it 30 minsa cross town to do this at first.

Their link is as follows : http://www.classicsofttrim.com/

I have had 3 exemplary experiences with them now and I wouldn't think twice about taking my car there for any simialr needs.

Lucky me my digital camera is on the fritz so I can't take pictures just yet that are worth anything so it may be a day or two before i get some up but i will take all angles for you. Possibly even host a video of its movement from open to close.

In a nutsheel its a safe mod but dont get ripped off and dont drive 2000 miles to get it done. The nissan closest to the shop that did it for me was going to charge $1300 to have it done. The best part is they send it literally to the shop i had it done. Nissan is worthless do NOT take it to them or you will without question be ripped off. The warranty nothing in relation to them and im positive they will take longer to get it to the shop that will ultimately do it anyway. I got top notch service and the identical product from the eventual installer for the price aforementioned. no one should pay much more than that at this point.

As far as time I dropped it off in the morning and it was done by 5 pm both times. That's factoring in them having a full work load on other items. If you live in Florida without question go to the one in Brandon you won't be sorry.

Hope this helps you guys out I know no one has come even close to explaining this in detail before so this should help.

Pics coming soon as i find out why my digital camera is acting like it has a mind of its own. Prob got screwed up my the airport xray machines.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:15 PM
zz350zz

Anyone have any feedback on the locations in Charlotte, NC or Raleigh, NC??
Old 09-09-2006, 06:37 AM
azula

oh wow, they do leather as well....but i don't see the location in brandon florida?
Old 09-09-2006, 06:58 AM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

to each their own, i think it breaks the Z's clean stock lines and design elements
Old 09-09-2006, 10:42 AM
IceBurnzTT

Originally Posted by azula
oh wow, they do leather as well....but i don't see the location in brandon florida?

They have it listed as Tampa but it is in Brandon off Falkenburg. That street is a side street.

Quick Reply: Sunroof by Webasto on PPW