Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LeatherSeats.com order

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 03:55 PM
MickeyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LeatherSeats.com order

OK, I read so much about these covers, and boot, and arm rests. I love the burnt orange look, and just didn't see spending the extra thousands at the dealer. I went to their site and added it all up ( , over $700), and decided to call to make sure that I was getting what I needed. I talked to nice guy named Rich, and he added everything up with an installation kit and shipping to my home, and came up with an updated number of $644.00. Woot. Ordered and pysched! I have not seen a thread on the install of these items, so I will be doing that here when they come. It is going to take them about 2 weeks to manufacture them, and a few days to ship everything to me. I feel like a fat kid in a candy store right now, because I am talking to Tony (Tonester1011) about doing my CF interior as well. Most people start their projects out with rims, but after my CF exterior parts got hijacked by some losers here on the beach, I am going to the interior first.

If anyone has any experience with installing these covers, don't be afraid to share, or point me to any thread I may have missed. (threads on this subject date back a year or more, so I don't know if anyone has updated)
Old 07-16-2007, 05:18 PM
Tackett

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good luck dude, I cant wait to read the write up. Keep us posted!
Old 07-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Get_Zwole

heck yeah man cant wait to read about it. Im thinking about going this exact route next year after my leather wears a bit. Did you order the armrests etc. or just the seats?
Old 07-16-2007, 09:54 PM
MickeyZ

I ordered "everything" they have to offer for the Z. Seat covers (no airbags, manual), shift boot, and arm rests (Also got the install package they offer). I have done some interior work before, but since my move south, I have no tools. This will be good because I will let you all know exactly what I needed to get from scratch. Watch this forum for updates. Like I said, it's gonna start in a few weeks, and I am not gonna try to do it all in one day. It should be a good read.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:01 AM
Wheelman

Thats a pretty good price. Where'd you find out about these guys? I'd really like to see some pics of their covers on a Z...
Old 07-18-2007, 04:11 AM
Delako

AWesome I fell in love the the burnt orange too and cant wait to get some covers as well!
Old 07-18-2007, 06:51 AM
Andres30o0

Very nice. I ordered the burnt orange seats from Leatherseats.com yesterday. They told me it would probably be three weeks before they shipped out. =/. But like you, I'm psyched because i've loved that color interior even before i thought of getting my Z. Where on the beach are you Mickey? I work just off the 71st bridge. Maybe we can help each other out with the install.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:49 AM
HKS350z

Hey guys, I have a set of the orange leather seat covers and shift boot installed. I must say, I am very satisfied with them. They provide you with all the tools and hardware needed. I would post pictures but I don't know how to. If you would like for me to send you some via email, just send me a pm.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:56 AM
z350boy
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Leather.com is great!! I ordered a set of armrests, shift boot & headrests for my ultra yellow coupe and the match was dead on. Fit & finish are OEM quality. You WILL be happy with the pieces they send. Also the hides they use are the best. Very good chocie.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:57 AM
azula

sounds good man, when did you order? that's a good price too.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:13 AM
twinship

Originally Posted by z350boy
Leather.com is great!! I ordered a set of armrests, shift boot & headrests for my ultra yellow coupe and the match was dead on. Fit & finish are OEM quality. You WILL be happy with the pieces they send. Also the hides they use are the best. Very good chocie.
Any pix of your UY armrests?

I had my seats done by a local shop but would love to do the armrests as well.

Thx!
Old 07-18-2007, 10:16 AM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The only reason i didn't go with leatherseats.com is they don't do the rear portion of the seats black. It is all burnt orange which looks tacky IMO. Here's a pic i made showing what i'm talking about. All orange makes the seats look huge and bulky. I think the black in the back looks a lot better.

and here is another example

Last edited by SuperBlack350z; 07-18-2007 at 10:22 AM.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:26 AM
Andres30o0

^ thought about that. I actually prefer it all burnt orange. I think at that point it's a matter of taste though. But the seats are made to order, so if you want them to, they can make the back portion black for you.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:22 PM
bremboboy

that red leather with the black back looks sick!!!
Old 07-29-2007, 11:11 AM
MickeyZ

I got my tracking info yesterday, and will have my order in my hands by Wednesday night. I will be getting ready to do the install with full pics by this coming weekend (friday more than likely). I will post all pics in a convenient to read manner and try to show all the uglies!

*Andres30o0* I live right in SoBe on Bay Rd. Let me know if you want to partake in the install, and I would gladly help you as well!
Old 07-29-2007, 11:26 AM
ARMSTRONGARMS

If you are needing some guidance/help on install i can help but it's hard to do w/o actually being there. of course you'll have to take apart the seat back and bottom cushion, the bottom cushion you'll have to remove your old fabric from the seats, cut the hogrings and pull off cover. the bottom cushion should be relatively simple put on, slaping the leather into place and using a steamer helps get out wrinkles and such, pull it tight and hog ring it on. the back of the seat is a little more diffucult, not sure if you kit will come w/it or not but you'll need to turn the cover inside out, place some thin plastic on the foam portion and starting from the top of the cushin start sliding down the cover like you would a condom on your yeah. keep in mind the cover will be inside out when starting, again youll need to use the palm of your hand and slap the leather into place again pull tight and hog ring, assemble seat back and use a steamer to make the leather taught in the bolster and *** areas.

Last edited by ARMSTRONGARMS; 07-29-2007 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:03 PM
05-Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's my tip:

Instead of using "hog ties" (the metal rings and tool they send) to attach the leather to your seat rails, use small zip ties instead. It's so much easier and enables you to really get the leather tight.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:14 PM
tonester1011
CF God

good luck with the install...definitely post up some good pics...
Old 07-30-2007, 08:01 AM
dosu350

Where can you order the covers that have the black back?
Old 07-30-2007, 11:47 AM
clipso 01

wow...i can't wait to see them installed....redline here i come

Quick Reply: LeatherSeats.com order