Sponsored by:

Mastergrade? ASUKA? What's going on?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 11:56 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mastergrade? ASUKA? What's going on?

Let me clarify any confusion about what's going on. I know a lot of you have been seeing various recent threads about Mastergrade products but they look identical to ASUKA; thats because it is the same product. Mastergrade owns the creative rights for the CF hatch but was private labeled for ASUKA. Mastergrade and ASUKA Designs are completely seperate entities. ASUKA was the company that manufactured, distributed, marketed, and followed the quality control on all the actual products. All the other creative properties, I.E; body kit, hood, etc is owned by ASUKA Designs. There has been internal issues with ASUKA and Mastergrade, that is why you see the hatch being sold as a Mastergrade product instead of an ASUKA product. Because the hatch is being manufactured on the Mastergrade side and is being sold as a Mastergrade product, we cannot guarantee the fitment and quality of it any longer. This thread will be the official release to let the public know that MyNISMO/Performance Nissan of Duarte, will no longer be the official re-seller for ASUKA Designs. Maybe things will change in the future once internal issues are resolved with ASUKA but for now, we can no longer guarantee the overall quality of the product, therefore, we will no longer be carrying the product.

The product itself is a good product. The construction and finishing processes of the products are identical but it will no longer have the same distributions and quality control as it did under the ASUKA name. You can still purchase the same products minus the hood and aero kit but it will no longer be an ASUKA product. The hood is still an ASUKA product as they own the creative rights on the design but the roof, pillars, mirror covers are sold under both companies. I'm sure once ASUKA moves on to a manufacturer that can produce these products on a larger and more efficient scale, you will start to see ASUKA products being released again with same quality and finish as you saw in the previous products as well as new designs.

You can purchase the Mastergrade products from 2 different sponsors on this forum; "THE TECH" And "Carbon LTD". Both vendors have a great reputation on this forum and are great to work with. If anyone has any inquiries about the Mastergrade products, please forward all your inquiries to any one of these forum sponsors. If anyone has any questions, you can go ahead and post them here and I will be more than happy to answer them.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:00 PM
mdracer76
Banned

Thanks for the clarification Andy.. what about the ASUKA fenders?
Old 07-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by mdracer76
Thanks for the clarification Andy.. what about the ASUKA fenders?
Fender design is also owned by ASUKA Designs.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:14 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Andy, I wanted to post the same details but didn't want to upset the guys at Asuka.

Sorry to hear about the split between yourself and Asuka, hopefully they can get things together soon and start getting some stuff out.

Mastergrade is now making the old style mastergrade hood, and alot of new parts. Everything is test fitted on thier Z before being sent and a VCD video is now included to help show installation. They are still cleaning shop, so look for new parts in the very near future.

PM "the tech" or myself with any questions.

Last edited by Jim@Showstoppers; 07-26-2007 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by CarbonLTD
Thanks Andy, I wanted to post the same details but didn't want to upset the guys at Asuka.

Sorry to hear about the split between yourself and Asuka, hopefully they can get things together soon and start getting some stuff out.

Mastergrade is now making the old style mastergrade hood, and alot of new parts. Everything is test fitted on thier Z before being sent and a VCD video is now included to help show installation. They are still cleaning shop, so look for new parts in the very near future.

PM "the tech" or myself with any questions.
No worries. The split between ASUKA and us is only temporary at this point and the ASUKA name is still very much alive. Once they find a facility to manufacture on a larger scale, I'm sure you will start to see their products again.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:45 PM
MustGoFastR

Andy, so does this mean that, for the time being, Asuka products (hood, fenders, bumpers, side skirts) are not available AT ALL?

Jim, any pics of this "old style" Mastergrade hood? I've pretty much decided on the Chargespeed hood for my car, but want to be sure I've at least looked at everything and I don't know that I've seen this.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:46 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by MustGoFastR
Andy, so does this mean that, for the time being, Asuka products (hood, fenders, bumpers, side skirts) are not available AT ALL?

Jim, any pics of this "old style" Mastergrade hood? I've pretty much decided on the Chargespeed hood for my car, but want to be sure I've at least looked at everything and I don't know that I've seen this.
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288435
Old 07-26-2007, 04:14 PM
philude

Old 07-26-2007, 04:50 PM
benDF

If you need help with local manufacturing, meaning right here in the USA, maybe I can be of assistance.

If I could be of any help, PM me.

Ben
Old 07-26-2007, 05:34 PM
MustGoFastR

Originally Posted by CarbonLTD
Ah, ok; thanks for the link. Looks good with their kit, but prob not much else, IMO.

LOL@ ur avatar.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:15 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

LOL@ ur avatar.
gotta love crack ******.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Yes sir, for now.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:32 PM
CG 350Z

This news is always on my mind and very sad to see that Asuka is down for now. WEEP WEEP for the hood WEEP WEEP. Get Asuka back ASAP.