Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ne1 with Nose Mask ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 09:48 AM
StrictlyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking :)

We sell quite a few Colgan bras and I must really say they are a top notch brand.

I saw a few questions here and since I've installed quite a few and know most of the little things I thought I would share them.

Between the Carbon Fiber look and the leather. I really think you can't tell a difference unless you are very close to the car. Right now I just say save yourself the 10 bucks and get the regular leather. The main point of the bra is to protect your car, if you want something a little different CF might be for you.

A lot of people seem to have problems with the hood piece and this is probably why Nissan OEM bra did not include the top piece. Reason is, if you look at the newer sports car coming out you'll find that there is less of an gap between the body panels. It makes the car looks cleaner. But this means its harder to close the hood because now you have 2 pieces of vinyl to seat in.

From the people I have talked to at Nissan since the hood is aluminum I recommend dropping the hood from around waste level. With the Bra on you have to drop it from around your shoulder level. I know its scary but if the bra is on properly its a lot better then putting force on the hood.

I've used my front end bra about 6 or 7 times(for 2 track events and 400 mile road trips to So Cal and back to Nor Cal) and it gets easier each time you put it on and off. The hood piece comes in handy because you will get bugs and debris hitting the front part. You'll also find the corner front of your side view mirrors tend to collect a lot as well.

I also recommend cleaning the bra while its on the car with the millions of bugs you might get

All in all I think Colgan's bra fits better then the OEM and that is my personal recommendation.

Hope I've helped someone out there
Old 08-27-2003, 10:25 AM
litoria

well, I got the Colgan CF bra about a month ago. I really like it. The hood piece is very diffficult to put on, but worth the effort for road trips. Really helps with the bugs. The CF look is subtle, but noticeable. Thanks for all the advice.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:38 AM
TAF

If I put on a new lip will a bra fit over it?
Old 08-27-2003, 01:26 PM
StrictlyZ

Unhappy

No this will only fit with the stock bumper. Anything you add to it wether it be a chin spoiler or any modification won't work.
Old 09-15-2003, 01:56 AM
Z2k3

I have the Nissan bra, are you supposed to remove it after it rains? If so, how often should it be taken on or off? Is it ok to just leave it on all the time? Never had a bra on any of my previous cars so I have no clue about this, any help would be appreciated thanks.
Old 10-06-2003, 03:53 PM
Stilyle

Originally posted by 03ZUC
Stylye are you sure that's the Nissan Bra....I bought mine back in November..Did they change the style. Mine definitly didn't go up the fender like yours does.
A little late here in answering, but yes, it is a Nissan genuine bra.
I'm wondering if perhaps they are manufactured a little diferently in Canada.

My brother works for Nissan, and he brought it home for me one day so I didn't actually order it personally. Whatever the case may be, it came direct from Nissan Canada.
Old 10-06-2003, 04:10 PM
Rizzness

I might have missed this-- but am I getting the jist that the bras do not work with an aftermarket grille added??
Thanks
ZZ
Old 10-06-2003, 06:41 PM
LeMansZCa

looks like removing the bra after the grill is added can be a PAIN?? since i am thinking of getting new grill... now that might have to wait since i do put the bra on and off when i wash the car...