Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone here interested in a group buy for Kaixen HID's?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 07:48 AM
Emon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone here interested in a group buy for Kaixen HID's?

Ok, this isn't a group buy thread, this is just a thread to see if there's any interest in getting a group buy started for some Kaixen's.

I don't know if you guys know much about Kaixen, but they are some quality HID kits. I previously had a pair in my e46 fog's, and never ever had a problem with them. If you order from Kaixen, the A1 kit is $329, plus $19 for shipping. I don't have a set price right now for how much the kits will be, but I can definately say they will be far less than that. Depending on how much interest I get here, I can let the vendor know, and he'll shoot me back some pricing for the kit. I believe he'll do at least $250 for each kit, plus shipping, but who knows he might even do less? If you guys are interested, go ahead and post...

I for one, am definately going to get myself a pair. (also, just to let you guys know, I'm not making a single cent off this, if this buy does go down)
1) Emon

(btw mods, if I'm violating forum rules somehow, please let me know how I can set up a thread to see if there's any interest on these kits)

oh ya, if you want to see the site, it's www.kaixenkits.com
Old 10-04-2007, 11:21 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Emon
Ok, this isn't a group buy thread, this is just a thread to see if there's any interest in getting a group buy started for some Kaixen's.

I don't know if you guys know much about Kaixen, but they are some quality HID kits. I previously had a pair in my e46 fog's, and never ever had a problem with them. If you order from Kaixen, the A1 kit is $329, plus $19 for shipping. I don't have a set price right now for how much the kits will be, but I can definately say they will be far less than that. Depending on how much interest I get here, I can let the vendor know, and he'll shoot me back some pricing for the kit. I believe he'll do at least $250 for each kit, plus shipping, but who knows he might even do less? If you guys are interested, go ahead and post...

I for one, am definately going to get myself a pair. (also, just to let you guys know, I'm not making a single cent off this, if this buy does go down)
1) Emon

(btw mods, if I'm violating forum rules somehow, please let me know how I can set up a thread to see if there's any interest on these kits)

oh ya, if you want to see the site, it's www.kaixenkits.com
those are ****. Go work your group buy on another site
Old 10-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Emon

wow thanks man, I appreciate the kind words. You act like I'm tryin to run some scam here, when all I'm tryin to do is help people get a good kit for a low price.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:33 PM
Zivman

wow thanks man, I appreciate the kind words. You act like I'm tryin to run some scam here, when all I'm tryin to do is help people get a good kit for a low price.
That is not a good kit. They are some no name, chinese branded crap that has some stickers from another no name company "Kaixen" on them.

For guys looking for an HID option, this is a very poor choice. Anyone that knows anything about HIDs, knows that anyone offering an 8500K rated capsule, or really anything beyond 6000K, is garbage.

You may be completely legit in your intentions, just don't offer a garbage product
Old 10-04-2007, 05:20 PM
Emon

You're a moron. Kaixen is definately NOT a no name brand kit. It's not chinese manufactured either. They are the only other company besides Phillips to manufacture and assemble their own bulbs in their own factory and not have them outsourced. I've had them on my previous car for years and they were quality! The guy who's offering to sell these kits is offering all temperatures, so if someone wants to do 8500k, thats their choice. I personally wouldn't go past 6500k, but to each their own.

So by your logic, the company is garbage because they offer temperatures above 8500k? You should stop talking outta your *** and go learn something about Kaixen and ask previous owners what they feel about the kit before bashing it.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:56 PM
redlude97

really? What about Osram, GE and Panasonic? They don't make their own bulbs either? If they are so great, do any car companies use them as OEM?
Old 10-04-2007, 06:42 PM
Zivman

You're a moron. Kaixen is definately NOT a no name brand kit. It's not chinese manufactured either. They are the only other company besides Phillips to manufacture and assemble their own bulbs in their own factory and not have them outsourced. I've had them on my previous car for years and they were quality! The guy who's offering to sell these kits is offering all temperatures, so if someone wants to do 8500k, thats their choice. I personally wouldn't go past 6500k, but to each their own.

So by your logic, the company is garbage because they offer temperatures above 8500k? You should stop talking outta your *** and go learn something about Kaixen and ask previous owners what they feel about the kit before bashing it.
Those are conversion kits. True HID capsules only come in D2R and D2S bases, not your halogen standard bases like H4, 9006, etc.

The color tempuratures tell you a lot about the quality. Hella/Phillips are the industry standard and they only produce an oem ~4100K rated capsule and an ultinon 6000K. The other quality manufacturer of HID capsules is Osram/Sylvania. From what I know, they don't make anything other than oem rated capsules. Making the move from the oem rating to 6000K reduces output by 20%. So you do the math as you move up to a no name 8500K rated capsule.

I am sorry, but it is you that needs a little education on lighting. Unless it is stamped from phillips or sylvania, there is no gaurantee of what you are getting. You may think Kaixen is a quality brand, but like I stated, no reputable manufacturer of HID capsules puts anything out beyond 6000K - basically because HID is about putting the most amount of usable light on the road and a 8500K rated capsule is about on par with a halogen bulb. Now I know you will pull the arguement of saying I have seen them and they are way brighter than halogens, but as an informed person knows, as kelvins increase, lumens decrease. On top of that, the human eye is drawn to the color of those high kelvin colors. That is the reason they cause additional eye strain to you the driver as you cruise down the road in your riced out 'whip'.

To go further, the color everyone demands and craves is a factor of the projector and cut-off shield, and has basically nothing to do with the capsule. The flicker and color in the cut-off like the S2000 has, or like the modifications that "Ivory" on this board gets you is what a ricer that buys these **** capsules from your boys at Kaixen is trying to imitate.

I am sorry, educate yourself and you will soon realize what you are offering is nothing more than garbage. Let me know when you capsules start flickering, turning shades of orange and green because of the sub standard salts used. Then let me know how horse **** your spread is as you have multiple hot spots and blinding glare. Then you can give me the final update when, best case scenario, the prematurely fail vs worst case scenario they explode in your head light assemblies
Old 10-04-2007, 06:47 PM
redlude97

Originally Posted by Zivman
Those are conversion kits. True HID capsules only come in D2R and D2S bases, not your halogen standard bases like H4, 9006, etc.

The color tempuratures tell you a lot about the quality. Hella/Phillips are the industry standard and they only produce an oem ~4100K rated capsule and an ultinon 6000K. The other quality manufacturer of HID capsules is Osram/Sylvania. From what I know, they don't make anything other than oem rated capsules. Making the move from the oem rating to 6000K reduces output by 20%. So you do the math as you move up to a no name 8500K rated capsule.

I am sorry, but it is you that needs a little education on lighting. Unless it is stamped from phillips or sylvania, there is no gaurantee of what you are getting. You may think Kaixen is a quality brand, but like I stated, no reputable manufacturer of HID capsules puts anything out beyond 6000K - basically because HID is about putting the most amount of usable light on the road and a 8500K rated capsule is about on par with a halogen bulb. Now I know you will pull the arguement of saying I have seen them and they are way brighter than halogens, but as an informed person knows, as kelvins increase, lumens decrease. On top of that, the human eye is drawn to the color of those high kelvin colors. That is the reason they cause additional eye strain to you the driver as you cruise down the road in your riced out 'whip'.

To go further, the color everyone demands and craves is a factor of the projector and cut-off shield, and has basically nothing to do with the capsule. The flicker and color in the cut-off like the S2000 has, or like the modifications that "Ivory" on this board gets you is what a ricer that buys these **** capsules from your boys at Kaixen is trying to imitate.

I am sorry, educate yourself and you will soon realize what you are offering is nothing more than garbage. Let me know when you capsules start flickering, turning shades of orange and green because of the sub standard salts used. Then let me know how horse **** your spread is as you have multiple hot spots and blinding glare. Then you can give me the final update when, best case scenario, the prematurely fail vs worst case scenario they explode in your head light assemblies
Actually, Philips makes quite a few bulbs past 6000k for the european/japanese market. Very hard to find though
Old 10-04-2007, 06:53 PM
diwun67

I had a McCulloch 6000K kit in my old SpecV, one of the best mods I ever did to that car.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:00 AM
Emon

Originally Posted by Zivman

Everything you wrote has already been established. No one is arguing about increasing kelvins and decreasing lumens. That's a given. Did I anywhere in my original post state that these are "BRIGHTER THAN OEM" or "BETTER THAN PHILIPS?"

That's right I DIDNT. It's because I agree, Philips is definately the standard and the way to go, but that's also if you have about $500 to dish out. I've had these lights in my e46 since 2004 and have had NO problems whatsoever, so I don't know where you get these flickering and color changes from....those must be the 100 dollar kits you buy off the street. Your logic is misconstrued and you use repetitive points to try and bring the kits down...how about you stop shitting all over this thread? I'm trying to offer everyone the opportunity of getting the next best thing after philips, for an EXTREMELY reasonable price, and all you're doing is throwing in your un-necessary input. Granted this is a forum and you can say what you want, but please take into consideration that you have not even given these kit's a chance or heard from those who have had it on their own cars. I'll let this run for a few days, and if no one shows any interest, I'll scrap the group buy and just get my own kit.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:25 AM
Zivman

Everything you wrote has already been established. No one is arguing about increasing kelvins and decreasing lumens. That's a given. Did I anywhere in my original post state that these are "BRIGHTER THAN OEM" or "BETTER THAN PHILIPS?"

That's right I DIDNT. It's because I agree, Philips is definately the standard and the way to go, but that's also if you have about $500 to dish out. I've had these lights in my e46 since 2004 and have had NO problems whatsoever, so I don't know where you get these flickering and color changes from....those must be the 100 dollar kits you buy off the street. Your logic is misconstrued and you use repetitive points to try and bring the kits down...how about you stop shitting all over this thread? I'm trying to offer everyone the opportunity of getting the next best thing after philips, for an EXTREMELY reasonable price, and all you're doing is throwing in your un-necessary input. Granted this is a forum and you can say what you want, but please take into consideration that you have not even given these kit's a chance or heard from those who have had it on their own cars. I'll let this run for a few days, and if no one shows any interest, I'll scrap the group buy and just get my own kit.
just get your own kit then.