Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 front bumper on a 04?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 07:23 PM
CH@Dbee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 front bumper on a 04?

i have been told different things about this...can i put a 06 front bumper on a 03-05 Z without anything else having to be done. i was told that the front fender linings would have to be replaced with the fender lining from a 06 model but then i was told it would straight bolt up without anything else. can somebody let me know what the deal with this is? thank u in advanced.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:24 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NIKE.. Just do it!!
Old 01-14-2008, 07:27 PM
CH@Dbee

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
NIKE.. Just do it!!
lol. id like to have ur front bumper really. nismo V1>nismo V2

so i dont have to do **** except put it on...see i was told id have to replace the fender lining. gay.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CH@Dbee
i have been told different things about this...can i put a 06 front bumper on a 03-05 Z without anything else having to be done. i was told that the front fender linings would have to be replaced with the fender lining from a 06 model but then i was told it would straight bolt up without anything else. can somebody let me know what the deal with this is? thank u in advanced.
you can do it but unless you get a killer deal on one thats already painted your Z's color, i wouldnt waste my money on it. the fender liner is the only thing you could need to get replaced otherwise it bolts straight on.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:33 PM
stepuckey

it will definitely bolt on 100% perfect fit...no prob. However, some recommend replacing the fender liners as you said w/ the newer model ones, as they are a little wider (like the bumper) and will not pull away from the bumper at highway speeds and get chewed up by your tires - that's all. You can certainly keep your 04 fender liners, just try to find a way to keep them from popping out and getting ruined.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:50 PM
CH@Dbee

Originally Posted by Nexx
you can do it but unless you get a killer deal on one thats already painted your Z's color, i wouldnt waste my money on it. the fender liner is the only thing you could need to get replaced otherwise it bolts straight on.
well i was gonna have my front bumper repainted and shaved but i like the look of the 06 front bumper more so if im gonna do it this is the time.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:49 PM
Nexx

personally i think a shaved stock bumper looks like crap. its too naked and makes an otherwise boring front end even more boring.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:43 AM
CH@Dbee

Originally Posted by Nexx
personally i think a shaved stock bumper looks like crap. its too naked and makes an otherwise boring front end even more boring.
personally i think u crazy lol

i HATE emblems on cars. i think farladyZ badges and any other emblem takes away from the cleanness of the car but i like OEM stuff and am not one for gaudy body kits and such so a shaved OEM bumper is perfect for me.

kthnx
Old 01-17-2008, 03:05 PM
Nexx

Originally Posted by CH@Dbee
personally i think u crazy lol

i HATE emblems on cars. i think farladyZ badges and any other emblem takes away from the cleanness of the car but i like OEM stuff and am not one for gaudy body kits and such so a shaved OEM bumper is perfect for me.

kthnx
i think it depends on a the bumper. the oem is so blah to begin with it, shave the emblem, you make it even more blah.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:49 PM
stepuckey

I used to think the same thing, even after seeing pics of shaved bumpers, but once you actually do it, the first thing you're gonna think is of what lip kit to buy, and to get a hood, or SOMETHING to spice up the front. Like Nexx said, it just makes it totally boring and bland, even though you wouldn't think it would.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:44 PM
CH@Dbee

Originally Posted by stepuckey
I used to think the same thing, even after seeing pics of shaved bumpers, but once you actually do it, the first thing you're gonna think is of what lip kit to buy, and to get a hood, or SOMETHING to spice up the front. Like Nexx said, it just makes it totally boring and bland, even though you wouldn't think it would.
i plan on going with the veilside lip without a doubt. i just hate that huge chrome thing on my front bumper
Old 01-20-2008, 09:08 PM
stepuckey

^ that'll definitely help. Oh, and POST SOME PICS when finished!