Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intro-Guard car cover...anyone has it? opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 11:46 AM
Louis21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intro-Guard car cover...anyone has it? opinions?

Hey guys,
I am leaving out of the country for about 10 days, my car sits outside 24/7 since I live in an apartment and i was considering buying a car cover so it'll be protected from bird poop while im on the trip since I'm not around and can't check on it.
I don't usually use a car cover for everyday use because I've had bad experiences with them in my old car (car cover would pick up dirt and ended up swirling my car with all the constant putting on/taking off).
I was checking the Courtesy Nissan site and they sell 2 types, the OEM and another one that's called Nitro-guard. The Nitroguard is around 87 bucks cheaper but it is still custom fit and comes with the cable.The OEM is more expensive and comes with no cable.
Anyone has any experience with that nitroguard one? as far as good fit, protection etc...?
This would be a cover for very occasional use (eg. when I leave the car unattended while on a trip which is not often) and I don't know if its worth paying 200 bucks for the OEM when it going to be sitting in storage most of the time
I've considered just leaving the car at the airport garage which would serve the same purpose (covered from bird poop) but at $18 bucks a day it pretty much pays for the cover..
I could always just leave the car with no cover but I know with my luck, a damn bird will probably **** on it and it'll bake till i come back a week later.
PS> i know I could always get a regular Wolf generic cover but since they have no mirror pockets they usually fly off..

Thanx!