Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does an 03 Enthusiast have HID's?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 07:01 AM
tripndesi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does an 03 Enthusiast have HID's?

Can anyone please help answer this quick question...

Thanks,

Mark
Old 03-19-2008, 07:26 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I used to like “What model is this?” threads until I found this site: http://www.nissanhelp.com. Now everyone can figure it out.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:27 AM
Al Kapwned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Search is your friend..

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/197329-the-top-100-common-questions.html
Old 03-19-2008, 07:32 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, it does.

However, for future refernce, if you have a question this simple, chances are that it's already been answered.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:44 AM
ZDWEEBIE

I've got an idea. If your going to take the time to tell some one to use the search feature why don't you just answer the question and save him the time of searching. I've searched for some answers and it can be quite time consuming.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:06 AM
gmueip
Hi Kids!

Originally Posted by ZDWEEBIE
I've got an idea. If your going to take the time to tell some one to use the search feature why don't you just answer the question and save him the time of searching. I've searched for some answers and it can be quite time consuming.
+1
Old 03-19-2008, 08:29 AM
wangsta

Say hypothetically 10 people had the same question of: where is the door handle located on this car? But instead of looking through some threads to find the answer, each person decides to make a thread about it. If someone decides to be helpful to everyone and take the time to tell each of them where to find it, the same question will have to be answered 10 times. Furthermore, since the people that posted the question got an answer this time, next time they have a question, each of them will post another thread.

This is assuming the question they asked is easily answered in a sentence or two. However, if a more complex issue sprang up that required more detailed instructions (for example, if a few people wanted to know how to put in a new stereo headunit), it would be impractical for someone to respond individually to each person that starts a thread about it. Instead, if the people having the question conducted a search on the topic, more likely than not they will find that their questions have already been previously answered in detail.

Its like the old saying give a man a fish and he'll be fed for a day, teach a man how to fish and he'll be fed forever. Since the information is already on the website, why not teach people how to access it instead of reinventing the wheel everytime you need one?

I've only been here a month or two but since this place is so nicely laid out and organized, its really easy to narrow down where you need to look to get a question answered.

I'm sure what I wrote above is what most members have in mind when they said "use search next time". Even though it doesn't answer the OP's question directly, it points them to where they can find an answer and is infinitely more helpful than no one responding at all.

Edit: spelling
Old 03-19-2008, 01:39 PM
davidv

I've got an idea.
Sorry but you must have a minimum of 1,000 posts before you have any “ideas.”
Old 03-19-2008, 01:43 PM
ZKansasZ

Originally Posted by davidv
Sorry but you must have a minimum of 1,000 posts before you have any “ideas.”

guess I cant post any idea, either...
lol
Old 03-19-2008, 01:46 PM
davidv

Originally Posted by wangsta
Say hypothetically 10 people had the same question of: where is the door handle located on this car? But instead of looking through some threads to find the answer, each person decides to make a thread about it. If someone decides to be helpful to everyone and take the time to tell each of them where to find it, the same question will have to be answered 10 times. Furthermore, since the people that posted the question got an answer this time, next time they have a question, each of them will post another thread.

This is assuming the question they asked is easily answered in a sentence or two. However, if a more complex issue sprang up that required more detailed instructions (for example, if a few people wanted to know how to put in a new stereo headunit), it would be impractical for someone to respond individually to each person that starts a thread about it. Instead, if the people having the question conducted a search on the topic, more likely than not they will find that their questions have already been previously answered in detail.

Its like the old saying give a man a fish and he'll be fed for a day, teach a man how to fish and he'll be fed forever. Since the information is already on the website, why not teach people how to access it instead of reinventing the wheel everytime you need one?

I've only been here a month or two but since this place is so nicely laid out and organized, its really easy to narrow down where you need to look to get a question answered.

I'm sure what I wrote above is what most members have in mind when they said "use search next time". Even though it doesn't answer the OP's question directly, it points them to where they can find an answer and is infinitely more helpful than no one responding at all.

Edit: spelling
Could not agree more.

The most helpful members here are neither the smartest nor do that have their heads filled with trivia. Those who are most helpful have a brief list of sources to answer 90 percent of common questions. If I give you those sources then you will be as smart as me.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:23 PM
68Stang

Originally Posted by 350z-noob
guess I cant post any idea, either...
lol
Tell everybody to search, and you'll have 22k posts in no time.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:08 PM
Nic@CiNcity
Banned

I find it funny that n00bs get so bent out of shape when being told to search. Better yet, when one n0ob helps out another N0ob and neither of them know what the hell they're talking about...

Wangsta and David +1
Old 03-19-2008, 09:39 PM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw this thread and thought "How in the world could it have 11 posts for that question?" when I knew it was not something that would be up for debate.

The search is broken because of repeat threads.

Lucky for the noobs on this board I am not a moderator, I would just delete as many of these duplicates threads as I could find and send them PMs telling them to search before they fill the place with duplicates. Maybe get some developer with mad vBulletin skilz to force them to search using their subject line and look at every page before they could post their new thread until such time that they prove worthy of such direct new thread posting.

I would also enable boolean searches for every one, not just premier members because it really is the only way to search such a place and if people could actually find what they were looking for, they may realize it is a better way to live. I am sure some would rant on about my tyrannical rein and I would ban them.

But then, I no mod, so no worries