Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Normal Ambers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 08:16 PM
vice86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Normal Ambers?

Is there anyway to take the stock orange or clear markers and make them light up like a normal parking light? I don't like how you can see the LED's of those..i'd like to just have the whole thing glow orange or atleast white with the clear.

ANyone ever attempt this mod?
Old 06-29-2003, 09:30 PM
vice86

only thing i see on strictlyz is the LED side markers...im trying to find a side marker mod that uses the bulb to light up the whole thing like a stock marker would.
Old 06-29-2003, 09:55 PM
vice86

hhmmmmmm.....

thanks Victor.
Old 06-30-2003, 06:52 AM
old_s13

Default Re: Normal Ambers?

Originally posted by vice86
Is there anyway to take the stock orange or clear markers and make them light up like a normal parking light? I don't like how you can see the LED's of those..i'd like to just have the whole thing glow orange or atleast white with the clear.

ANyone ever attempt this mod?
Give the slim amount of space behind the lens, this is as good as it gets.. IMO:

http://clearcorners.com/products/nissan/350ZX3/F_smark/

The problem I have with most of the side-marker conversion I see most people selling nowadays, is that they use the wrong type of LEDs and do not fully dis-assemble the side-marker.

For one, the OEM lens has an irregular diffuser pattern.. so the LEDs they mount behind the lens doesnt look straight and even. The LEDs they use are very narrow, they dont look as bright from certain angles.

Honest, the only way you can get the ENTIRE sidemarker to glow a certain color would be to use EL technology.. but its kinda poopy. Well, compared to our LEDs atleast.. its just not as bright.

- Mike
Old 06-30-2003, 07:44 AM
vice86

Thanks Old...i just never reallly like the look of LED...i dont like seeing the really bright bulbs...i just like an even glow of light...maybe one day I'll try something out myself...im getting clears so I could test on the stock markers.
Old 07-01-2003, 06:40 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as I figure it, you would most likely need to custom fab a new backing for it, something with more space to make room for the bulb. but its just not worth it to mass produce "the right way" a one shot thing could be done with enough labor, but you wouldnt want someone else to make it, it just wouldnt be worth the cost. but a find project to do yourself. some fiberglass, a dremel, and some glue and you could get it good enough for a home made project.

one concern I would have would be current draw, the wires that are tapped into are the existing lines, which are very thin, might not be ok with a regular bulb(or 2 or 3?) pulling current on it.