Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY: Painting interior parts ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 09:38 PM
350zx6r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation DIY: Painting interior parts ?

I was wondering if anybody here has done something like this:

noticed how the door piece that holds the window and mirror buttons are painted matching the exterior color and also the center console?

and of course, if you have done it please show me how....
Old 05-14-2008, 04:51 AM
aDDandrew

Many have.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:29 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO, i wouldn't do that to a daily driver, it would just get messed up. also it is not as hard as you think, just time consuming to do it right.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:08 PM
350zx6r

do what to the car? I wanna get the paint repaired. thats all.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:22 PM
bruce4o9

I've had some friends take it to their local body shop and got it painted the color of their car. Pretty nice afterwards.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:57 PM
THH

I know this is an old thread, but it's relevant to my question and I don't see any sense in making a repost.

For those who have painted the interior console themselves, what was involved in the process? For those that had it done through a body shop, what was the cost involved and time in the shop?

I'm interested in having the dash color matched to vehicle. If anyone knows how durable the paint will hold as opposed to fiberglassing the console, that would be helpful too.

Thanks
Old 02-06-2009, 12:06 PM
dlbomber1

Wink

Originally Posted by THH
I know this is an old thread, but it's relevant to my question and I don't see any sense in making a repost.

For those who have painted the interior console themselves, what was involved in the process? For those that had it done through a body shop, what was the cost involved and time in the shop?

I'm interested in having the dash color matched to vehicle. If anyone knows how durable the paint will hold as opposed to fiberglassing the console, that would be helpful too.

Thanks
I am in the same boat I scuffed the paint on my center console in a few small spots and want to match the paint to keep things looking unscathed. So anyone???Help?
Old 02-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by THH

Thanks
To have a center console repainted to look nice isn't a quick and easy task that requires only spray paint. For a center console to be WELL DONE... it should involve sanding down to a smooth finish to get rid of the stock texture, and then priming/paint/clear.