Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

Interior water leak, driver side door. hmmmm.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009 | 04:55 PM
paosti350z

Default Interior water leak, driver side door. hmmmm.

Just wondering if anyone has had(or knows anything about) interior water leaks.

I took my 08 Z out tonight to meet a friend for dinner. When i parked, I noticed a water stain on the cloth roof(damp to the touch), located on the driver side pillar. Its where the plastic piece(pillar trim) meets the cloth roof.

I inspected my windshield, and visually saw no cracks, or weather stripping damaged.

I can't really sow how it could have entered though the door/jam.

I will say the car has sat for about a week prior, without me driving it. We have had a decent amount of rain in that time. My drive to the restaurant, the windows were up the whole time.

I'm just baffled. If anyone has any insight, it would be appreciated. thanks!
Old 04-08-2009 | 05:32 PM
CircleHeartX

yeah i have a slight leak on drivers side on my 04 Z....its weird it only happens some times???i think the window dose not go up all the way till its completely sealed??
its not a big deal for me though because its very little leak and some times it dosent make it.
Old 04-08-2009 | 06:06 PM
paosti350z

yeah...its not that its too bad.
like i said, the car had been sitting in my driveway for about a week, and we had some fairly bad rain storms.

first time its happened though, so i figured I would look into it here.

thanks for posting.
Old 04-08-2009 | 07:26 PM
CircleHeartX

Originally Posted by paosti350z
yeah...its not that its too bad.
like i said, the car had been sitting in my driveway for about a week, and we had some fairly bad rain storms.

first time its happened though, so i figured I would look into it here.

thanks for posting.
yup thats exactly when i first noticed it...when it rained for like 3-4 days and didn't move the car from driveway..that's when the water manged to get to my carpet near he left of the seat..it hasn't rained any more and probably wont because im in cali and the HOT summer is coming.. but yeah last time i noticed it wanted to leak was when i washed my car(its rare though?) you can tell by looking at the top of the window when the door is closed you will notice some water/vapor in between the rubber lining and the window.

Last edited by CircleHeartX; 04-08-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 04-09-2009 | 04:52 AM
paosti350z

Cool.

I've got the windows downs right now, letting it completely dry out.

Gonna do a "hose test" tomorrow morning, just to make double check. i'm crazy like that.
Old 04-09-2009 | 01:20 PM
CircleHeartX

haha..hey you gotta do what you gotta do man...Good Luck.
Old 05-18-2009 | 04:18 AM
zen350z

Eh my whole carpet behind my driver seat gets soaked when it rains and it sits. Im going to take all the interior pieces out and trace down where this is coming from its kinda frustrating and plus I dont want mold or rust inside my car.
Old 05-18-2009 | 01:50 PM
CircleHeartX

sucks man...check if your windows go up completely...then look at all the silicone on the out side of your car..maybe you need to reseal some??the sun eats up the black silicone.
Old 05-20-2009 | 08:03 PM
Jimmyg41

Originally Posted by zen350z
Eh my whole carpet behind my driver seat gets soaked when it rains and it sits. Im going to take all the interior pieces out and trace down where this is coming from its kinda frustrating and plus I dont want mold or rust inside my car.
I also have this problem. I let the Z sit outside for 2 days without moving while it was raining. I opened the door and the smell of wet carpet hit me and sure enough the carpet behind the driver's side seat was soaked. I also hear some air coming through the driver's side window at highway speeds.
Old 05-21-2009 | 12:15 AM
CircleHeartX

Originally Posted by Jimmyg41
I also have this problem. I let the Z sit outside for 2 days without moving while it was raining. I opened the door and the smell of wet carpet hit me and sure enough the carpet behind the driver's side seat was soaked. I also hear some air coming through the driver's side window at highway speeds.
sucks man..have you checked your windows??do they go up 100%??
i know mine dont there like at 98%
Old 09-23-2018 | 11:39 AM
Mckinniet1234

Default Water leak

Right now there’s a lot of rain due to the hurricane and I noticed my driver side speaker is making a clapping noise and upon inspection it’s wet and leaking water into the floor from the speaker cover and it seems to be coming in through the door jam in the seal from the air vent on the door

Last edited by Mckinniet1234; 09-23-2018 at 11:41 AM.
Old 11-11-2020 | 06:20 PM
Brahian Tavera

Originally Posted by Mckinniet1234

Right now there’s a lot of rain due to the hurricane and I noticed my driver side speaker is making a clapping noise and upon inspection it’s wet and leaking water into the floor from the speaker cover and it seems to be coming in through the door jam in the seal from the air vent on the door
Did you ever find a solution, I'm having the same issue but the water is leaking through the A pillar and the window