Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cracked nismo v2 driver side

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 12:53 PM
jfraj4life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cracked nismo v2 driver side

well I finally cracked my nismo v2 front bumper while exiting a parking lot... i approached the driveway at the best angle possible... crept thru it at literally 1mph... it was just no match for me... it punished me with a bout a 2-3 second long scrapppppinnnnng noise and what do you know? my driver side is cracked.

Well i was wondering what front bumper/lip would flow well with v2 skirts/rear add-ons

I just want opinions, please dont tell me "its what you want" or "dont mod according to others, do what U like", I just want to brainstorm and get some ideas, the nismo front is growing on me.

car is PPW by the way...
PICS from a couple weeks ago: https://my350z.com/forum/media-share...e-z-today.html

THANKS
Old 05-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Changvi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jfraj4life
well I finally cracked my nismo v2 front bumper while exiting a parking lot... i approached the driveway at the best angle possible... crept thru it at literally 1mph... it was just no match for me... it punished me with a bout a 2-3 second long scrapppppinnnnng noise and what do you know? my driver side is cracked.

Well i was wondering what front bumper/lip would flow well with v2 skirts/rear add-ons

I just want opinions, please dont tell me "its what you want" or "dont mod according to others, do what U like", I just want to brainstorm and get some ideas, the nismo front is growing on me.

car is PPW by the way...
PICS from a couple weeks ago: https://my350z.com/forum/media-share...e-z-today.html

THANKS
Get the Nismo V3. While you're add it, have your shop fix the rear add on pieces. A suggestion, find another shop as well. Its not suppose to be attached by screws. Rather, double sided tape or glue......
Old 05-24-2009, 05:36 PM
beezee

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Changvi
Get the Nismo V3. While you're add it, have your shop fix the rear add on pieces. A suggestion, find another shop as well. Its not suppose to be attached by screws. Rather, double sided tape or glue......
The rear add-ons don't look right?. The Nismo kit is an awsome looking kit (and your car too). Please do it right
Old 05-24-2009, 05:40 PM
calin
Banned

The "Amuse" front would look hot on your car
Only it's another bumper that sits pretty low. So if you cracked your V2, you'll most likely crack the Amuse also
Good luck!!
Old 05-24-2009, 06:43 PM
jfraj4life

yeah screws are showing on my add-ons
and I know i have to "do it right" thats why i'm thinking so hard about it! my brain hurts, ive been searching and looking at pics for the past 2 hours

Originally Posted by beezee
The rear add-ons don't look right?. The Nismo kit is an awsome looking kit (and your car too). Please do it right
Old 05-24-2009, 06:52 PM
jfraj4life

Default suppose i stick to v2

if i were to stick with the v2 front... i think I will get it painted just like it was, but black out the grill, add carbon fiber canards, a v2 wing w/ cf blade, and a cf rear diffuser. I think that would flow right..? just by comparing different pics and imagining it in my head, the diff cf parts shouldnt look too outta place if I were to go that route.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:33 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My nismo rear add-ons are secured by a screw and bolts.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:23 PM
aware

http://www.gruppe-s.com/350z/zext.htm

Urethane

I got one recently

You can still scratch the bottom of it if you run over something (like a driveway)
but its pretty hard to crack (very similar material to a stock bumper)

Great fit and looks nice

I wasnt sure about it when I was looking at pics etc, but I really really didn't want to get fiberglass
It looks a lot better on the car in person then I expected it to. I like it.

I spent several months choosing this bumper

I didnt want to have to deal with the cracking adventure you are going through now

Did a lot of reading and etc

Theres my $.02

It had a couple small flaws in it but the body shop guy said none of it was out of the ordinary or anything to worry about. I saw it mounted on the car but they haven't painted it yet.

I'll post some pics when I get it back if you want to see them
Attached Thumbnails cracked nismo v2 driver side-1.jpg   cracked nismo v2 driver side-2.jpg  

Last edited by aware; 05-24-2009 at 11:23 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:34 AM
jfraj4life

thanks for that

yah definitely post pics when u have the chance!
Old 05-27-2009, 04:46 PM
aware

jfraj4life,

OK so here it is on the car

I like it... but I cant get the car in my driveway now LOL

You probably know about that with the bumper you already had.

I think this bumper would look good with your skirts etc

So did you black those headlights yourself?

I want to but Im kind of worried about screwing them up. I got smoked markers (real nissan smoked markers) but when we put them on they looked out of place because of the bright orange on the headlights. I put em back in the box for another day.

Anyways to me this bumper looks about as good as the nismo bumper plus its not going to crack everytime you hit a bump. Best of both worlds.

Something else I noticed about other bumpers body kits etc for the Z. A lot of them and I mean a LOT of them, take their lines from other cars. I didnt realize just how bad it was at 1st but after looking at just about every bumper available for the Z 700 different times. I can tell you its insane how bad it is. Some people might not care but me, I want my Z to look like a Z not something else. Just my opinion, everyone has their own.

Edit: Had to tell ya, I didn't mention this before, but some guy hit me while I was eating lunch (Parked at Ledo Pizza)
All said and done this bumper cost me $61 out of pocket
Plus there used to be a few dings in the drivers door (gone) and some paint chips in the hood (gone)
Attached Thumbnails cracked nismo v2 driver side-1_.jpg   cracked nismo v2 driver side-2_.jpg   cracked nismo v2 driver side-3_.jpg   cracked nismo v2 driver side-4_.jpg  

Last edited by aware; 05-27-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:24 PM
jfraj4life

hey it looks good, i had the headlights blacked out by some one.
i still am not sure which route to take tho haha
thanks for the pics!
Old 05-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I would look into some rims before buying another body piece. It looks kinda odd with stock rims and a full kit.

Otherwise, get the Nismo V3 bumper and fix the rears as stated by others.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:22 PM
jfraj4life

Yeah some te37s are what im in the market for but the color not sure... most likely matte or diamond black
Old 05-28-2009, 10:58 PM
aware

Thats why I dont have any rims yet
TE37's plain and simple aren't worth the $$$.

Like a lot of other things

https://www.mynismo.com/products/?id=4259#

Why should this bumper cost twice as much as the one I just got?
If it were Plastic then I could see it but not when it's fiberglass.

I paid the extra for the real nismo wing because it was heavier plastic and made better then the copies I looked at
It also fit much better etc

Fiberglass is cheaper to mfg and thats why most after market stuff is made from it.
Why the nismo bumper is made of fiber I dont know

I mean the point of fiber in the 1st place is its cheap, you throw in on there and if you rip it up on a track then you just put a dif one on next week. Its also not very likely youll hit a speed bump on a track. Why they'd think they could and people would pay extra for it is beyond my imagination. People are just stupid.

Yeah you could and some people would argue its lighter but on an everyday driver thats a dumb excuse
You need something more durable. Anyways, Fiber is meant to be throw away, it shouldn't be that expensive.

Personally Id rather spend the money on suspension parts or etc then to be worried about if my bumper is an official nismo bumper and I was stupid enough to pay $900 for something that should be $350 LOL

Anyways you asked for "opinions" in the beginning of this post and thats mine. Hope it helps.

Last edited by aware; 05-28-2009 at 11:28 PM.