Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nismo V2 Spoiler on Black - Carbon or Painted?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 10:35 AM
Rob_Quads

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nismo V2 Spoiler on Black - Carbon or Painted?

I'm undecided which type of Nismo V2 Spoiler to put on my black 350z. The car is virtually standard with the only planned future mods to be possibly Nismo front bumper and aftermarket wheels (probably some some of black wheels)

Not sure whether to pay the extra for the carbon wing version of the spoiler. Being black it will not be obvious its carbon, only those who have a good look will probably notice it which is sort of what I like the idea...but then I also think is it worth the extra cost to bother.
As far as I know its only the top of the wing which is carbon. Potentially I could carbon cover the top of the wing if I wanted (done it before for other ICE installs)

Thoughts??

Here is a pic of the fully painted version on a black car for reference. If anyone has a pic of a carbon one on black I would really like to see it.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:28 AM
KustomZ03

I've got the carbon V1...mixed some black in with the clear coat so you can't tell its carbon till your standing close to it. I love it...best of both worlds IMO.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:43 AM
Asian Invasian

Originally Posted by Rob_Quads
I'm undecided which type of Nismo V2 Spoiler to put on my black 350z. The car is virtually standard with the only planned future mods to be possibly Nismo front bumper and aftermarket wheels (probably some some of black wheels)

Not sure whether to pay the extra for the carbon wing version of the spoiler. Being black it will not be obvious its carbon, only those who have a good look will probably notice it which is sort of what I like the idea...but then I also think is it worth the extra cost to bother.
As far as I know its only the top of the wing which is carbon. Potentially I could carbon cover the top of the wing if I wanted (done it before for other ICE installs)

Thoughts??

Here is a pic of the fully painted version on a black car for reference. If anyone has a pic of a carbon one on black I would really like to see it.

Sorry to bump the thread. Thats my car and its actually not fully painted black. Its a full CF spoiler that's partially painted. I painted everything but the top part.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:34 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If your Z is black, i would DEF go with the c/f accents on the V2. Black is the only color you can pull it off in w/o having many other c/f parts.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:57 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Asian Invasian
Sorry to bump the thread. Thats my car and its actually not fully painted black. Its a full CF spoiler that's partially painted. I painted everything but the top part.
What kind of rims are those? They look like Works or Rota's but I know Works don't come in black.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:14 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GeauxLadyZ
If your Z is black, i would DEF go with the c/f accents on the V2. Black is the only color you can pull it off in w/o having many other c/f parts.
+1, looks good with the blade only.

You will need to have a fair amount of CF already on the car if you want to leave it in full CF.

Originally Posted by Armitage
What kind of rims are those? They look like Works or Rota's but I know Works don't come in black.
Rotas
Old 08-20-2009, 09:47 AM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you can't tell it's CF unless you get really close. I have a CF v1 on my hatch and it blends right in. All depends on your personal preference- it's going to look black to everyone else unless they really pay attention.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:30 AM
WheelDude.com
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Armitage
Rota Torque's in 18x9.5 +20 Hyper Black

-Dan
Old 08-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CF on black.... I wouldnt get it painted.. It also depends if you have a CF hood etc.. I would leave it CF on black though.. IMO