Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sticky throttle pedal and noise

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 06:42 PM
zettahertz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sticky throttle pedal and noise

There's some weird vibration/tap noise from my throttle pedal when I try to tap it (to rev-match or whenever). Also feels a bit 'sticky' when I first press down on it from the initial position. Think this started just a few days ago after a track day, but i didn't notice it until I was trying to rev-match downshift and noticed the weird vibration and sound. I'm 100% sure it's not normal because i tried doing the same on another Z but it was smooth and didn't make that noise.

Anyone know what this can be? I checked the spring on it and i don't see anything odd. And I checked the Nismo 380RS pedal that I have on it and it's firmly on there.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:35 AM
zettahertz

hmm, no one had this problem?

I just took it to the dealership and they said the sensor is wearing out? I'm surprised it is wearing out so fast... It'd suck if i have to replace this thing every once in a while..
Old 06-17-2009, 07:51 AM
TJGILROY

Originally Posted by zettahertz
hmm, no one had this problem?

I just took it to the dealership and they said the sensor is wearing out? I'm surprised it is wearing out so fast... It'd suck if i have to replace this thing every once in a while..
damn those sensors!!!!!!

is it something you can ignore like a noise or you think it's something that needs to be fixed because it's gradually getting worse?
Old 06-17-2009, 07:53 AM
TJGILROY

try this,

https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance...r-the-car.html
Old 06-17-2009, 08:57 AM
zettahertz

I don't know if it'll keep getting worst. Hmm, that link's for the clutch but i wonder if lithium grease on the spring and plastic it's wrapped around would help. And maybe that's the thing that's actually wearing out.

I'm curious y it's wearing out. Possibly from the action of shifting foot over quickly to the gas pedal after the braking zones puts some force to the side and wearing it out. That sux if it wears out so easily. And the technician said someone else brought theirs in to fix the pedal.

Still waiting for the part from the dealership, they're gonna replace the whole throttle pedal assembly.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:06 AM
TJGILROY

yeah, my mechanic said my pivot ball bolt behind the clutch pedal or something like that broke and they replaced it....
happens to every car i guess...i got him to go ahead and replace the clutch with a clutchmasters clutch while he was that close to the tranny....i hope what you found out solves your problem...
Old 07-05-2009, 08:04 PM
zettahertz

UPDATE: dealership fixed my pedal. There was some kinda rubbery/jellowy round stopper on the top of the pedal assembly that wore out; can see the 'sticky' substance stick to the pedal when you push it down with the pedal was out, kinda like snot.