Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATTN: M1Autosport

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 09:53 AM
misterniceguy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A business should answer it's phones and if they miss a call, they should return a call to make sure the customer, who is paying their bills is satisfied with their service. It doesn't matter what kind of business that it is, aftermarket car parts or not. THAT is business. Companies that keep up with their customers even when things do go wrong and they are behind or what not, get return customers. Companies that don't, won't. The internet is also great for spreading the word for shady companies.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:27 AM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by misterniceguy
A business should answer it's phones and if they miss a call, they should return a call to make sure the customer, who is paying their bills is satisfied with their service.
I don't think anyone here is arguing with you on that point.

Business isn't perfect and I think M1 is a victim of their own success. They offer a great product at a great price and they've blown up so quick that they're playing catch-up on the customer service front.

Their customer service faults aren't because they're lazy or not paying attention, it's simply because they're having trouble juggling all the orders while simultaneously trying to lay down a groundwork for further growth.

Keeping the customer happy is their number one priority... as long as that's the case, I find it hard to ask for anything else.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:23 PM
350zfan1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Threads
Old 07-03-2009, 08:21 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cheshirecat79
I don't think anyone here is arguing with you on that point.

Business isn't perfect and I think M1 is a victim of their own success. They offer a great product at a great price and they've blown up so quick that they're playing catch-up on the customer service front.

Their customer service faults aren't because they're lazy or not paying attention, it's simply because they're having trouble juggling all the orders while simultaneously trying to lay down a groundwork for further growth.

Keeping the customer happy is their number one priority... as long as that's the case, I find it hard to ask for anything else.
couldnt have said it better myself.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 350zfan1
Old 07-04-2009, 04:40 AM
misterniceguy

If they are blowing up so quick, then that means they are making money. Meaning more employees are able to be hired. I see threads like this all the time and wonder how these people stay in business.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:58 PM
Hexxus

I see threads like this all the time and wonder how these people stay in business.
Because they don't only serve this forum. They have more customers outside than just those who visit here. If you honestly started a business just to cater exclusively to the people on this forum, you might as well just have your lawyer start filing the Bankruptcy forms the day you open.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:38 PM
misterniceguy

Originally Posted by Hexxus
Because they don't only serve this forum. They have more customers outside than just those who visit here. If you honestly started a business just to cater exclusively to the people on this forum, you might as well just have your lawyer start filing the Bankruptcy forms the day you open.

So you think if they treated local customers like this that they wouldn't get a bad reputation locally? Of course they would be forced to deal with the local customers first because they could show up at the front desk. It's easier to put customers that only leave voice mails and emails on the back burner. I see your point, but only if ignoring customers is a internet customer only treatment.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:21 PM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So you think if they treated local customers like this that they wouldn't get a bad reputation locally? Of course they would be forced to deal with the local customers first because they could show up at the front desk. It's easier to put customers that only leave voice mails and emails on the back burner. I see your point, but only if ignoring customers is a internet customer only treatment.
Bro, it's a car part. I understand you paid for it, but it's not like this is some kind of mission critical component that's going to keep food out of your kid's mouth until it gets delivered.

They dropped the ball on your order. It happens. Deal with it. I think we understand your issue by now.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Bro, it's a car part. I understand you paid for it, but it's not like this is some kind of mission critical component that's going to keep food out of your kid's mouth until it gets delivered.

They dropped the ball on your order. It happens. Deal with it. I think we understand your issue by now.
lol, i love idiots like you who stick up for the party that is in the wrong. fkn moron.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:34 AM
misterniceguy

Uh, Bro, I didn't order anything from these guys. And if I did, I would expect the part that I paid for. If you think it's ok to have people pay you for things that you don't deliver, then I hope you never attempt to open up a business.

If they dropped the ball on my order, don't you think they should deal with it? Why should I? I would have already done my part by sending money to them.

So, Bro, would it be ok if you were out hundreds or thousands from a company that didn't deliver? Say it doesn't matter and I'll call you a retard.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:35 AM
misterniceguy

Originally Posted by Nexx
lol, i love idiots like you who stick up for the party that is in the wrong. fkn moron.

True dat!
Old 07-06-2009, 04:09 AM
dharp65

I'm stationed in Turkey right now and I'm having difficulty getting M1 to refund my money for a rear bumper I ordered back in March. They told me it shipped a couple of times but then finally said they didn't have one in stock. It wouldn't be so bad if they told the truth up front! I know 311.00 is not a lot of money but I want my card credited!
Old 07-06-2009, 04:35 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

^ THIS IS F'N RIDICULOUS......

what the hell happened to COD?? i probably wouldnt buy crap unless i could do COD, even if i had to pay a fee for COD.......................wish that was still around?? or could be done..

I now, wouldn't wanna order crap from any of these online sites ever now.........dealing with anything of this nature is just bad business........who cares of how "great" or how much their business "blew up"........doesnt mean i should suffer in my order...

if they cant handle it, then they need to hire more, or get more ORGANIZED...

One or the other, or both!
-J
Old 07-06-2009, 05:07 AM
themadhatterxxx

Thats really not a legitimate excuse or way out to justify shoddy customer service. Can you imagine the uproar if amazon.com, newegg.com, walmart.com etc etc...started operating in such a manner? Lie about whats currently in stock, take the order, ignore customers, hold their money, have them at your mercy...well you can argue that those business have very sophisticated order tracking software thats linked to inventory levels and such that is out of the scope of small business. Then why not hire more people to handle things? The guy paid for the product upfront with his hard earned money, not after he received it. He deserves a reasonable turn around or atleast the truth. I don't think he's being unreasonable.

Way too many stories on this forum about vendors who hold people's money for ransom, imo. And they usually dont get resolved unless they get called out and things turn ugly.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:38 AM
JEKL

Originally Posted by themadhatterxxx
Way too many stories on this forum about vendors who hold people's money for ransom, imo. And they usually dont get resolved unless they get called out and things turn ugly.
Exactly what I was thinking. But I love how a lot of members bash people for not buying from our vendors. Like the ones on this site are any better than any other online vendor.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:51 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Originally Posted by themadhatterxxx
Thats really not a legitimate excuse or way out to justify shoddy customer service. Can you imagine the uproar if amazon.com, newegg.com, walmart.com etc etc...started operating in such a manner? Lie about whats currently in stock, take the order, ignore customers, hold their money, have them at your mercy...well you can argue that those business have very sophisticated order tracking software thats linked to inventory levels and such that is out of the scope of small business. Then why not hire more people to handle things? The guy paid for the product upfront with his hard earned money, not after he received it. He deserves a reasonable turn around or atleast the truth. I don't think he's being unreasonable.

Good points. However its hard to compare such mainstream business as Walmart and Amazon with with a small independently owned aftermarket car parts business who also sells a service (body shop).

It seems as though every other business i go to for my parts has a similar problem...i know it was like this when i got my wheels...i had to pester them every other day to get them out. Anything is hard when you order stuff online...thats why alot of ppl still dont order stuff online despite the incentives such as no tax. We in the aftermarket import car parts niche are a VERY SMALL NICHE, so yes, of course we deserve good customer service just like anybody, but i guarentee you we are going to be more hard pressed to get it.

These vendors KNOW that we are paying thousands of dollars for certain things that mean nothing to other's, and thereby our demand is very high and the chance of us saying "f'k it, i dont want it that bad" is VERY small. Vendors know this, and unfortunetly for us they use this against us sometimes. They know they can sit on our money for a little longer.

Think about it, its almost a monopoly. How many shops sell good fitting replica kits...2, 3? I know NONE in my area and i live in the 4th largest city in the US. When there are barely a handfull of other shops you can get such a good product from at a great price, whats the chance your going to pull your money out and go to another vendor?

Its all very sad and its bulls**t i agree, but unfort its a problem that plagues us and will continue to no matter what we do. For me, i know this shop will NOT take my money, but they might take 3 weeks to get me my product. I am willing to deal with this as long as i get it and in under a month (painted), and for a great price and good work.

If you dont keep up with your purchases with these online vendors, even if it takes calling every other day to ensure they are handling it correctly, your an idiot. Period.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:04 AM
JEKL

Originally Posted by GeauxLadyZ
These vendors KNOW that we are paying thousands of dollars for certain things that mean nothing to other's, and thereby our demand is very high and the chance of us saying "f'k it, i dont want it that bad" is VERY small. Vendors know this, and unfortunetly for us they use this against us sometimes. They know they can sit on our money for a little longer.
Very good post. This part I personally disagree with. Since I bought my Z last Christmas I have wanted a Nismo V1 spoiler, Nismo sides, a VS lip and an '07 hood. Those items could easily be purchased from one of the vendors here, but after seeing so many people have bad experiences I have decided I will only make face to face transactions.Even though I live in NC, I bought my hood in CT, my spoiler in DC and am about to buy the sides in NYC.

I agree with your point and realize that not everyone is like me, but I bet there are more people out there that are on the fence about purchases and these stories keep them from pulling the trigger.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:16 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Originally Posted by jekl1000
Very good post. This part I personally disagree with. Since I bought my Z last Christmas I have wanted a Nismo V1 spoiler, Nismo sides, a VS lip and an '07 hood. Those items could easily be purchased from one of the vendors here, but after seeing so many people have bad experiences I have decided I will only make face to face transactions.Even though I live in NC, I bought my hood in CT, my spoiler in DC and am about to buy the sides in NYC.

I agree with your point and realize that not everyone is like me, but I bet there are more people out there that are on the fence about purchases and these stories keep them from pulling the trigger.
Ya, it really is sad. We love our cars and we love just as much EVERY part we put on them, despite small or large.

Just like everybody else, i get pissed when stuff takes forever to get here cause i get impatient and worry until it is in my hands. But ive learned through years and years of souping up imports that i need to focus that energy more on getting what i paid for (quality wise) and less on how long it takes to get here.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:25 AM
themadhatterxxx

Well there are always alternatives, you might be paying a bit of a higher price for authentic products ordering from places like intense, vividracing or bulletproof but they seem to value their reputations a bit more and their guys have never given people the runaround on this forum.

I had an argument with my friend over the justification of replicas vs authentic parts, his argument was supporting the company that invested the original R&D on the product, my argument was why should I pay a premium for something that will get f'ed up with similar wear and tear after a few trips down the highway.

Generally speaking the top vendors on here are the ones that push authentic parts and have a far greater reputation with the community to maintain. I will only buy authentic, not because I care whose pocket i fill but generally because i don't want to deal with the headache of having to followup every few days and chase someone around for my product while I'm at the office. Is it worth the premium to have your product delivered within the promised timeframe and not have horrific fitment problems? Well thats your own choice, but it really is rolling the dice, some people have great experiences some not so great.

Quick Reply: ATTN: M1Autosport