Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keys and Remotes for 08 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 06:34 PM
MBear12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keys and Remotes for 08 350Z

I am picking up an 08 roadster in Dallas from a wholesaler...the car has one key and no remotes. I have searched here but am confused about getting keys and remotes and programming them. I would rather have the switchblade type keys. I have bought ebay remotes for a Miata...any locksmith could cut the key but the right chip had to be in the key...dealer had to program and the ebay keys had the wrong chips.

Is there an easier way to handle this problem?
Old 07-16-2009, 07:39 PM
Manjot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think so. You have to take it to the dealership to get it programmed. I might be wrong though.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:54 PM
boomfranco

http://www.originalkeyless.com/main.sc

they give you instructions on how to program the keyless remotes
Old 07-29-2009, 07:00 PM
errghology

You can program new remotes for 350z's that have factory installed RKE.
1. Close and lock all doors with the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch.

2. Insert key into ignition and remove it from the ignition key cylinder at least six times (sometimes takes more than six times) within 10 seconds. Your Hazard Lamps will flash if you have performed this step successfully. ( Withdraw key completely from ignition cylinder each time ) . If this procedure is performed too fast, system will not enter programming mode.

3. Insert key into the ignition cylinder and turn to the ACC position.

4. Within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the keyless remote. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. ( Do not press the button more than one time in the above step). If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be successful.

5. If there are any remaining remotes (including the old ones), unlock then lock all doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the next remote. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. Repeat this step for each keyless remote (including any existing keyless remotes).

6. Turn the key to the OFF position, remove keys from the ignition, unlock doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and open the driver side door.

Do not do this with a cut key that doesn't have a transponder chip in it. You might brick your car and have to get it towed to the dealer. Do this if you have a key that works but you don't have a RKE remote. Purchase the remote and go through the steps OR purchase a remote+key combo (like the switchblade that you suggested) making sure that it is compatible with your year car/model. With a standalone DIY remote all you have to do is follow the steps. With a switchblade you have to get the key cut and then you have to transplant the transponder chip from your working key to the switchblade, then perform the steps.