Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

Body Kits and Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009 | 05:08 AM
jgruberman

Default Body Kits and Exhaust

Here's a question that I was searching for.... should I get an exhaust first before getting a body kit?

The only logic I have behind this is that if I get a body kit first(full kit) then get an exhaust, I'd be worried that the exhaust tips would be too large to fit in the pre-cut holes in the rear bumper part of the body kit(assuming it had them, see example below)

Example:

Any recommended order, or solutions if I go body kit and it turns out exhaust doesn't fit?
Old 07-17-2009 | 05:24 AM
duhiengnguyen

I would say go with the body kit first. Since it cost more and thats what the people will see. But you could always try to ask the company who makes the kit. Ask them if they would happen to know if a certain exhaust that you want would fit with the body kit. Or try Google.
Old 07-17-2009 | 05:30 AM
jgruberman

For the exhaust, I'm looking for more sound than performance so I was thinking maybe just get a test pipe, then I don't have to worry about an aftermarket can not fitting.
Old 07-17-2009 | 06:40 AM
Done Deal DR

Many exhaust systems fit exactly the same as stock, and the majority of body kits are made to house the factory exhaust, meaning most aftermarket exhausts will fit with most aftermarket body kits.

If you're interested in sound more so than performance, I'd recommend getting something like the Greddy Spectrum Elite replacement muffler. It will change the sound and appearance but isn't designed for power. It's also legal, so you won't have problems with the cops or be needlessly polluting as you would with test pipes.

https://my350z.com/forum/engine/4092...es-inside.html

Edit: No guarantees with that ugly as fugg Veilside rear though.

Last edited by Done Deal DR; 07-17-2009 at 06:41 AM.
Old 07-17-2009 | 06:43 AM
Done Deal DR

Here's more information on the Greddy SE in case you're interested:
https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exha...rum-elite.html
Old 07-17-2009 | 07:08 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Originally Posted by Done Deal DR
Here's more information on the Greddy SE in case you're interested:
https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exha...rum-elite.html

+1 Greddy SE. looks great, changes sound, and only axle back with stock fittment. No probs here with ANY body kit.
Old 07-17-2009 | 09:41 AM
VeilSideBrian

Originally Posted by Done Deal DR

Edit: No guarantees with that ugly as fugg Veilside rear though.

That isn't a VeilSide bumper.
Old 07-17-2009 | 09:47 AM
jgruberman

What about this one? Ever heard of it? I haven't, but it sounds decent... not sure about performance gains.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RCwWwFHxu2s&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RCwWwFHxu2s&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 07-17-2009 | 11:18 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Originally Posted by jgruberman
For the exhaust, I'm looking for more sound than performance so I was thinking maybe just get a test pipe, then I don't have to worry about an aftermarket can not fitting.
Nismo + high-flow cats ftw. Sounds great and the tips are very similar to stock size.
Old 07-17-2009 | 03:24 PM
mariar508

Originally Posted by jgruberman
What about this one? Ever heard of it? I haven't, but it sounds decent... not sure about performance gains.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RCwWwFHxu2s&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RCwWwFHxu2s&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
........... please tell me you're joking
Old 07-17-2009 | 03:29 PM
350Eazy

If you are planning with that rear end, I would suggest that you not buy it. I know a guy that has that one and with the way it wraps under the car, its not good. He had the entire bumper ripped off by a puddle of water that he drove thru. Just my $.02
Old 07-20-2009 | 08:35 AM
Subdermal

Originally Posted by VeilSideBrian
+1

Esprit

or spirit if ur into replicas

Last edited by Subdermal; 07-20-2009 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-20-2009 | 08:38 AM
Subdermal

oh and you can premount the bumper over your aftermarket exhaust before you prep and paint. then cut and sand where needed...
Old 07-20-2009 | 08:54 AM
Done Deal DR

Originally Posted by VeilSideBrian
Originally Posted by Subdermal
+1

Esprit

or spirit if ur into replicas
My bad guys, I'm usually better than that. Nice work!
Old 07-20-2009 | 09:15 AM
Spork

After reading all your threads, I conclude that you're young, cheap, broke, and a ricer.
Old 07-20-2009 | 10:24 AM
spinviper

Originally Posted by Spork
After reading all your threads, I conclude that you're young, cheap, broke, and a ricer.
and no taste.
Old 07-20-2009 | 10:44 AM
trodis
350Z-holic
Premier Member

/Thread
Old 07-20-2009 | 11:18 AM
Done Deal DR

His number of threads per time on the site and number of posts is astronomical.
Old 07-20-2009 | 08:16 PM
jgruberman

No, this is actually a new scene to me. Like I said... I've been in the import and truck scene for a while and just came from a motorcycle. It's not that I have bad taste(maybe I do, who cares), but I'm just going by what I'm familiar with.

isn't that the point of a forum, to educate and help others less knowledgable? and NOT talking **** about them and making them want to not post on the board to begin with? I'm asking questions because I want to know/learn not because I want to be talked **** about by people who already know more than me about this in the first place(which I'm aware of to begin with)

edit:: Also, I've NEVER once customized a car so like I said... this is new thats why I'm asking questions. The only car customization I've been around is imports, so I'd appreciate it if people would be less dicks and a little more understanding to someone new to the scene. If thats not the case and this board ISN'T welcoming to newbies to the scene without flaming them, then maybe this board isn't for me?

Last edited by jgruberman; 07-20-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old 07-21-2009 | 08:36 AM
jgruberman

Originally Posted by 350Eazy
If you are planning with that rear end, I would suggest that you not buy it. I know a guy that has that one and with the way it wraps under the car, its not good. He had the entire bumper ripped off by a puddle of water that he drove thru. Just my $.02
No, I wasn't planning on that rear end - it's disgusting, just the first thing I found on Google Images that suited the purposes of my example.

Quick Reply: Body Kits and Exhaust