Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What front bumpers are not fiberglass?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 03:47 PM
PumpedVA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What front bumpers are not fiberglass?

I know Aerosync isnt fiberglass but any others? I need something that will hold up on my lowered z.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:33 PM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I think the shine auto bumpers are some sort of super flexible fiberglass, but I've heard that at least their nismo V2 bumper tends to have really thin spots.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:01 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

any knock-off......

Sorry, but for the most part I daily drive my Z with it's Vertex kit and I don't have any issues with it. I've even curbed the front while parking. I've even scraped the shiet out it when I bottomed out and hit a dip in the road. Sure there were some scratches and even a bit of a gouge on the lower part thats not really visible, but no cracks.

If you want an authentic that's not completely FRP check out Ings+1 Hybrid material. My old Ings+1 N-Spec kit fit like a glove with no issues driving around town.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:03 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What he ^ said. INGS makes their kits avaliable in either FRP or a hybrid polyurethane. Thats the only other one i know of.

Replicas can be had in poly, but i wouldnt get them in that unless fittment was perfect. Poly is harder to work on and i believe the paint prep process is also harder as well. Not to mention, fiberglass can be easily and cheaply repaired whereas poly is much harder and more expensive because FRP can be patched, and i think poly can only be heat treated for dents/damage. If the poly rips or tears, you will need a new bumper.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:31 PM
Blackheart

I still have an old Msa type 7 (poly) front bumper just in case my current one eats **** . Its completely polyurethane and and very durable. Polyurethane is quite a b1tch to destroy thats why i like it. Too bad there are not many front bumpers made of this stuff.
I was hoping someone made a nismo version 2, a vertex, or the DAMD (with fog lights version)
too bad no seems to make any of these of this material.
if someone does I will definately get one. I have found the nismo version 2 made completely in carbon fiber though
Old 08-30-2009, 10:17 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MethodRN
any knock-off......

Sorry, but for the most part I daily drive my Z with it's Vertex kit and I don't have any issues with it. I've even curbed the front while parking. I've even scraped the shiet out it when I bottomed out and hit a dip in the road. Sure there were some scratches and even a bit of a gouge on the lower part thats not really visible, but no cracks.

If you want an authentic that's not completely FRP check out Ings+1 Hybrid material. My old Ings+1 N-Spec kit fit like a glove with no issues driving around town.
I agree...the chargespeed type II on my car is super thick FRP. I couldn't believe how sturdy and strong it looks. I don't plan on ramming it anywhere but for scraping and such it should hold up quite well. As long as you buy authentic pieces it should be good
Old 08-31-2009, 01:46 AM
350z-900whp

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

shine auto is the best check them out.

my friend have there kit on his mazda RX8 and his fit like glove and very strong
Old 08-31-2009, 02:02 PM
Blackheart

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
I agree...the chargespeed type II on my car is super thick FRP. I couldn't believe how sturdy and strong it looks. I don't plan on ramming it anywhere but for scraping and such it should hold up quite well. As long as you buy authentic pieces it should be good
im guessing here that all authentic kits made in frp are thick? I have never bought an authentic thats why im asking.