Old 10-03-2009, 04:33 PM
ChanceWarren

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't forget tint and fender options.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:34 PM
aaronz8

got tint with the car

hmm i haven't really paid attention to aftermarket fenders... time for more googling
Old 10-03-2009, 04:38 PM
ChanceWarren

So tell me something. You really think you're gonna be able to do all this shet before you're 30? (without maxing credit cards and blowing school loans.)

ed: because if you can, I wanna know your secret. I'm almost thirty and I have no illusions about being able to pull this stuff off without going into some ridiculous debt...

Last edited by ChanceWarren; 10-03-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:54 PM
aaronz8

Originally Posted by ChanceWarren
So tell me something. You really think you're gonna be able to do all this shet before you're 30? (without maxing credit cards and blowing school loans.)

ed: because if you can, I wanna know your secret. I'm almost thirty and I have no illusions about being able to pull this stuff off without going into some ridiculous debt...
haha we'll see how it goes.
I'll get one piece by one, there is no deadline
I'm also very DIY kind of person, so I'd probably try to install many of the things myself. (less labor fees!) I'm pretty good with my hands, as captain and instructor of my school's robotics team.

My friend and I started a company in our sophomore year in high school, and it has been pretty successful so far. It helped me get the car . We're most likely going to different colleges, but recruiting more people = a great opportunity to do stuff nationwide. It's mainly enterprise networking stuff that we currently do part time.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:00 PM
ChanceWarren

Oh you're one of -those- people. :P

Can I help?

Also, DIY on kit installation is better left to professionals. Trust me, you'll be happier in the long run. Paint too.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:12 PM
aaronz8

xD

ok, thanks for the advice!

haha for the company thing, its extremely unorganized right now. We're regularly changing what services we provide, both to learn and to find what we're most comfortable with. At first we did websites, then custom computers, then basic home networking, then enterprise networking, and now we're slowly doing more custom VOIP and cell phone networking >_< so much shtufff
Old 10-03-2009, 09:37 PM
hellsoldiers08

Someone going to make some big bucks one day!
Old 10-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep dreaming.....
Old 10-03-2009, 09:56 PM
aaronz8

Originally Posted by hellsoldiers08
Someone going to make some big bucks one day!
hopefully
Old 10-03-2009, 10:01 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I know the OP wont listen but what a waste of time & money for someone his age to be considering (modding a car). All cars depreciate. Get your education, invest in things that appreciate & get ahead in life. In 5 years all 350Z (like all cars) will be replaced by another car you most likely will want more.

Good luck with whatever you do.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:09 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

I thought this thread was going to be retarded...but this thread brought a smile to my face...

kid I think you need to go for the stock look with non stock parts...

most can tell you bodykits after it's all said, and done will still get rock chips, scraps, cracks. Not to mention matching the color is always iffy...and every time something happens to the kit it's just going to make you mad...

take your hard earned money and build a fastcar not a fast looking car. I know I know it looks cool but most of those cars you see are weekend cars at the most...as a DD those kits would get F'd up...

I would and not trying to knock your goals in anyways...

do the following...

coilovers - $1500
wheels/tires - $1500 (used) with camber kit - $400 ~ $600
ANTENNA - $15 at most...
intake/exhaust/HFC resonated (used)- $1500
tune - $400 ~ $700

MAX $5815 and you have a fast car

interior wise that you own taste, but this recipe for the Z-car is sound...

well interior you can strip the trunk, and re-mat it and have twice the space since your a DIY...save wieght and gain space...

glad your doing this...always ask

but do you man do it, and do it big...

Last edited by KingBaby; 10-03-2009 at 10:10 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:12 PM
aaronz8

Originally Posted by zland
I know the OP wont listen but what a waste of time & money for someone his age to be considering (modding a car). All cars depreciate. Get your education, invest in things that appreciate & get ahead in life. In 5 years all 350Z (like all cars) will be replaced by another car you most likely will want more.

Good luck with whatever you do.
This is why I'm taking everything slowwwwwwww.
Education = important, thats why I plan on modding during college rather than now.
I wouldn't say I'm spoiled, but parents are also helping with college money

I already do invest somewhat, some of that money along with computer networking money went into buying the car. Mainly stocks, etc. I'm decent at it imo, net gain

I just happen to really love the 350z . In the future, I'd probably try to just trade with another enthusiast, who appreciates my taste. (or someone who has too much money and is impressed with the look)

Thanks for the advice, has been stored in my brain
Old 10-03-2009, 10:23 PM
aaronz8

Originally Posted by KingBaby
I thought this thread was going to be retarded...but this thread brought a smile to my face...

kid I think you need to go for the stock look with non stock parts...

most can tell you bodykits after it's all said, and done will still get rock chips, scraps, cracks. Not to mention matching the color is always iffy...and every time something happens to the kit it's just going to make you mad...

take your hard earned money and build a fastcar not a fast looking car. I know I know it looks cool but most of those cars you see are weekend cars at the most...as a DD those kits would get F'd up...

I would and not trying to knock your goals in anyways...

do the following...

coilovers - $1500
wheels/tires - $1500 (used) with camber kit - $400 ~ $600
ANTENNA - $15 at most...
intake/exhaust/HFC resonated (used)- $1500
tune - $400 ~ $700

MAX $5815 and you have a fast car

interior wise that you own taste, but this recipe for the Z-car is sound...

well interior you can strip the trunk, and re-mat it and have twice the space since your a DIY...save wieght and gain space...

glad your doing this...always ask

but do you man do it, and do it big...
matching colors... even black!? I thought black was the absence of colors... darn

coilovers = yes, but I'm afraid of scraping .
I actually had suspension/wheels/tires and bodykits on my "do first" list, so I actually don't know which to do first haha

Antenna = DEFINITELY

hmm, for intake/exhaust, I was thinking keeping stock as to not waste money if I decide to do FI. But, intake/exhuast shouldn't be that hard to sell?

good idea about saving trunkweight, thanks
Old 10-03-2009, 10:25 PM
aaronz8

lulz I think I should just do coilovers+ antenna + wheels + tires + camberstuff + breathing

until I hit someone or someone hits me

and then get the body stuff

what do you guys think?
Old 10-03-2009, 11:29 PM
Boba

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't buy the authentic kits. You'll be able to breathe easier with replicas. I'm a few years older than you and have gone through the same steps you have. Invest in your education. Like Zland said, all cars are going to depreciate and be replaced by another. Spending $3k+ on exterior styling is just ridiculous. $800 for those canards are just ridiculous. You're going to college, sh*t happens in college - vandalism, getting your car dented by blondes, keyed, etc...

Now, you seem to be pretty knowledgeable in what you're doing. Now, reveal a few secrets to me about your stock techniques

edit: What you can do is get a drop and wheels and call it a day for now. Z's look very aggressive when it's lowered, even on stock body. In a few years, the prices of those kits will drop, and you can then buy the authentic ones. Plus, there won't be anymore dumba$$ college kids at that age (hopefully).

Oh, and please don't strip the trunk lol. You ain't going to the track. Putting on an extra 80 lbs isn't going to kill you. Plus you're more likely to get tire spin in rain... Dangerous.

Last edited by Boba; 10-03-2009 at 11:35 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:41 PM
aaronz8

For stocks, i just read a lot about the stuff i like. You then get to the pt where you pretty much know where the industy's headed, and then you just follow your gut feeling.well, thats what i do reading everything you can possibly read is key.

Last edited by aaronz8; 10-03-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:43 PM
aaronz8

Trying to apply for stanford, hope there's no dumb kids there
Old 10-05-2009, 08:51 AM
ChanceWarren

My niece may be going to stanford... At least, that's what her grandpa wants. I think she likes the UC schools better though. I didn't go there but I've heard great things!

At any rate, there's a lot of good advice to take here. I was trying to go with what you wanted first, but if I were you, I'd worry about the body kit stuff last (I think someone else already said that). Do wheels and suspension first. If you think you're going to track the car or plan on driving hard (be careful!) suspension is an absolute must. Then get accustom to driving at the cars current limit (on the track) before worrying about power adders. Depending on what you're used to, the Z is already a LOT of car to handle. I went from a 2005 Eclipse GS (something like 150 fly wheel hp) to the 07 Z (~305hp) and you better believe I was spinning tires at every other light for a few days there. Just make sure--and it seems like you do--you have a plan. Other than that, it's mostly up to personal taste. And with that, I think I've exhausted my tips for you, for now.

ZLand - Lets be real, yeah? For what you get, with the style, power, and aggressiveness of the car, the 350Z has been the best car in it's price range since it came out. Even a lot of the enthusiasts of the 350 aren't terribly fond of the 370. I personally think a lot of the flow born of the 300 and inherited by the 350 was lost on the 370. Don't get me wrong- the 370Z is a great car, but I'll spend more modding a 350Z than the price of a grand touring 370Z and sleep happy at night knowing my Z's better than my neighbor's 370. Even cars like the G35/37 Coupe... Genesis Coupe... Accord Coupe or Altima Coupe... Maybe the S2000 (but only against the roaster Z)... What else you got? The Crossfire... the Camero... Mustang... and Challenger from the US. Anyway, none of them quite measure up in all around performance AND style.

Idunno... just my two cents. [/rant]
Old 10-05-2009, 07:59 PM
aaronz8

thanks!

You guys changed my mind! I'll probably get suspension first!