Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My personal review of both CinCity Designs & Clearcorners.com

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 07:07 AM
350zfan1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Better believe when i have the money to do my brand new in box 06 projectors im sending them to clear corners.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:26 AM
robbinsj

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by calin
Very good choice!! I also had major problems with Cincity and wouldn't recommend them to anyone
Damn bro you party hard!

I passed out, woke up with a hangover and JayZ got banned! WTF was in that shiz we smoked???
Old 04-04-2010, 07:55 AM
themadhatterxxx

Originally Posted by robbinsj
Damn bro you party hard!

I passed out, woke up with a hangover and JayZ got banned! WTF was in that shiz we smoked???
Hey guys, what's going on in here?
Old 04-04-2010, 08:02 AM
robbinsj

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by themadhatterxxx
Hey guys, what's going on in here?
idk, it is like a bad remake of "Hangover". We get up and one of our friends is missing.

Calin still posting at 4:58am on my timestamp! lmao

Last edited by robbinsj; 04-04-2010 at 08:04 AM.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:26 AM
Goo$e
Banned

Originally Posted by deepdish69
was about to send to Cincity Designs because it was cheaper but now reading this review makes me glad i changed my mind and just go with Clearcorners
Another soul saved from entering the dark pit of hell. You made a wise choice.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Goo$e
Banned

I wish all the other people that did business with CinCity Designs would come out and share their whole story...
Old 04-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Goo$e
Banned

Originally Posted by deepdish69
was about to send to cin city because it was cheaper but now reading this review makes me glad i changed my mind and just go with clear cornerss
GOOD!

Last edited by Goo$e; 05-19-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:46 AM
Dyce99

Nice write-up, those lights are sexy.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:36 PM

holy ****, and I was thinking of sending in my rear blinkers to these guys, glad i found this in time. Thanks for the helpfull review you probobly just saved me from getting f@cked over.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:36 AM
TheDangerZone

lights look good. thumbs up!
Old 05-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Shizzmaster2k

Originally Posted by Spork
Those clearcorners lights are BEAUTIFUL! So clean and well-finished. I just wish the prices weren't so high.
+1. I contacted Mike for some custom headlight work since Nic is playing the dodging the game. It's okay...I'm going to play the lawsuit game.

Anyways, I hope everything gets resolved. Mike is a standup guy and his customer service is top-notch. He really takes pride in his work and does everything he can to satisfy the customer.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:40 PM
DB350

ummm
Old 05-24-2011, 06:05 PM
Lakeside

Any good word on Lightwerkz? I'd like to have my headlights painted to match the car and clear coated or have them painted matte black. Possibly have the halo mod done. The color match on a redline looks pretty badass.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:22 AM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lakeside
Any good word on Lightwerkz? I'd like to have my headlights painted to match the car and clear coated or have them painted matte black. Possibly have the halo mod done. The color match on a redline looks pretty badass.
Definitely recommend Lightwerkz. I would go there again for all my future electrical modding. You won't be disappointed by their work and turn around time. pricing is decent, not sure about cincity's pricing but i felt i got my money's worth. And i personally prefer the matte/flat black look instead of color matching.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:14 AM
old_s13

Originally Posted by G0053
I just am astonished with the level of detail and attention to detail that Mike brings to the table. These lights are amazing. The color paint match just really makes these lights shine. Very happy with the turn out of my lights.
Originally Posted by G0053
7/6/11: After 2 months went by with him not responding to my emails or phone calls I decided to pretend I was someone else interested in getting lights done on a GTR. He emails withing 2 days and then I told him off. He sends me an email back saying how I am the one who is acting like a child and how my things are so top priority. I am the one paying for this service and now he get's all defensive? How hard is it to send me an email saying "Here is your $575 back I cannot make it perfect." OR "Don't worry man, I'll fix it after summer ends". Wow, I cannot believe Mike@Clearcorners is turning into Nic@CinCityDesigns. You just can't trust ANYBODY that does headlights anymore. I will never give Mike my business ever again and I hope you don't either![/B]
" I don't want to go back to OEM lights. Your lights are just too freaking awesome to pass up but **** man. You got to fix this paint touching problem. "

I am making this post for the record, since this customer has been getting a bit out of hand. For the most part, Shawn is a very nice person to work with. However, he has some personal issues that make working with him very difficult. Addressing his (very) minor headlight issue is not a problem for us. We've been in business for over 10 years and have no problem working towards a solution. The issue here is that Shawn is rude and disrespectful. If I was to quote some of the e-mails we've received from him the forum would filter a lot of the curse words with astrixes.

Fact of the matter is, there is a certain extent to what behavior is socially acceptable. When a person uses curse words and racial slurs they are no longer speaking like respectable adults, they are behaving like children. We deal with a fair amount of customers, it makes no logical sense to have a conversation, via phone or e-mail, with a person who cannot act civil.

Shawn has edited his review numerous times, taken down photos, and been acting like a real brat. And for whatever reason, he has made numerous aliases on this forum.. I have no idea if some of them were banned or not, but I'm sure the admins can easily check that out. Anyway, the proof is in the pudding.. so we are re-hosting the photos of his headlights:

^ Pic when they were first completed

^ Pic of the lens after the painted bezel touched the lens.
We fully disassembled the headlight, re-painted the bezel and sent him a test-photo so he could see the slight scratch. This was unacceptable so he paid for a replacement lens.

There is a slight blemish on the interior of the lens, this is why he chose to go for lens replacement. Understandable, its a minor imperfection, fine... we swapped lenses - no labor expense on his behalf.

^ This is the photo Shawn sent us of the new lens with again, a new scratch because the clearances are so tight with the 06-08 headlights. This is a factory defect and we're looking into ways to solve this issue. Its not an easy one, but its not a huge issue that requires immediate attention, nor does it require sending rude e-mails with curse words.

Here are pics of the lights when they left our facility. With every project, we carefully take our time, take photos, and send final photos to our customers before carefully packing, boxing and shipping them.

If Shawn is not happy with his lights, put them up for sale - I am sure there are a handful of people that will gladly take them off of his hands. After all, his avatar (as of 7/7/11) is of the headlights we built for him.

Cheers,
Mike / ClearCorners.Com
Old 07-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Goo$e
Banned

Nice job Mike at trying to make yourself look good! You look so good with all those big words. Well there is always 2 sides to every story everybody. Lets get my side of the story...

After the garabge I got from CinCity Designs I decided to go to the most expensive person that does lights Mr.

Mike@Clearcorners. I called him up and told him what a crap job CinCity did and how I wanted a perfect set of lights. He said

NO PROBLEM, I will take care of you. I paid him for a full set of oem lights and he did the work. I wrote this review thread based on pictures ONLY that he sent me because my car was still down at GTM. He sent the lights to GTM and they put them on my car.

After I got to GTM to pick up my car I looked over the car and I saw on the drivers side headlight had paint pushing up on the inside of the lens. It was pushing up right at the top of there the HID lens is and also where the 4 led's up top are. It was pretty bad. I sent him pictures of this and he said to ship it back and he would fix it. So I sent the light back (shipping out of my pocket of course!). He "repaired" as much as he could but then said it isn't perfect like the way you want so do you want to purchase a new housing. First off, why am I the one paying $575 for a new lens when YOUR WORK and paint work messed up? He even told me that their might be a problem with the paint touching the lens but he will make sure it doesn't. So I said OK fine. So after talking over the phone I told him "OK, I will pay for a new housing as long as you can guarantee that no paint will push up on the lens!". He said "That's the point of replacing to a new lens to have no paint pushing up." So I decided to pay him the $575 for a new housing in CASH. (he wanted to make sure I paid him in cash and now I know why...take a guess)! So I sent the $575 down and he sent me the driver side headlight back and you won't believe it. The paint is pushing up on the lens. It does not matter that the paint pushing up on the lens is small. It's the fact he promised me it would not touch and it does!

So your going to sit there and tell me that I just paid Mike $575 for a new lens and the paint is still pushing up? Are you kidding me right now. Why the HELL did you ship me the light back in the first place! Sent some real heated emails to him about it. Of course I am going to, I'm mad as hell. After 2-3 weeks go by and he never answered me via email or phone I had to pretend that I was someone else from a different email address interested in headlight services. He answered within 2 days and then I blasted him about how he is ignoring me.

He goes on saying how I am a "little brat" LOL. Rude and disrespectful. Oh no Mike. Let me be so kind to you after I paid $575 for a new lens and it has the same ****...let me be so nice to you! Of course, of course. Get real. I am super pissed off that you are scamming me out of $575 dollars! Yes, I'm a little brat. The little brat that paid $575 for a new lens and you promised me the paint would not touch the lens. He wants to get out of refunding my money so he goes on playing it off as a factory defect. Then he even goes on to bend the truth and says "No, that wasn't our agreement". WOw, just WOW!

Mike, at the end of the day. It doesn't matter that the lights were "perfect" in your pretty images. It's after the fact that the paint pushed up on the lens. It's the fact I paid you $575 for a new lens and a guarantee the paint would not push up and you sent me the same **** back. You are nothing more than a scammer just like Nic.

Oh, and I just remembered. You still have my other lens. Keeping that too I bet.

Remember Mike. At the end of the day YOU are in the wrong. I paid for new housing for paint not touching. Paint is touching. You can refund my $575 back anytime.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:13 PM
Goo$e
Banned

Angry never buy from clearcorners.com or cincitydesigns

This is a warning to anybody interested in getting their headlights modding by these two so-called scamming lying businesses. This is what happened to me. Both companies both fawked me over in the end. Don’t let this happen to you!

1st Company: CinCity Designs
I came across CinCity Designs around Nov 08 when they first introduced their R8 light mod. I contacted Nic and touched base with him about all the mods that I wanted to do. The mods I wanted were R8 mod, glossy black paint, halos, sti clear lens, upper white leds. I sent my payment off to him and shipped out my lights.

I kept staying in touch with him but I was the one that would have to reply to him to get status updates. Never once did he send me an email with updates. After about 2 months he told me that the lights were finished and made a video of them. I saw the video and they looked awesome but something was weird. In the video it showed this red demon eye. I never paid for this demon mod so I was confused a little. So now I wasn't sure if those were mine in the video or someone else's lights. While the lights were on the way back to me I purchased some brand new Volks GT-S rims and was referred to go to a shop called Stage Performance in Kirkland (side note: never go to this shop...they are horrible. they put a ding in every single rim and a 1 inch scratch on one of them. they didn’t reverse mount the tires like they are supposed to. I have a whole other side story on things that happened at this shop, but this thread is about headlight companies so let me continue) to get the headlights and wheels installed.

I went to the shop and told them to call me if something comes up. Of course, a couple hours later I get a call saying there are extra wires coming off the headlight and they had no clue what they are for. I tried to get a hold of Nic via phone and email with no luck. I went to his web site forums and posted a thread about it. Luckily there was someone on the forum that was saying those extra wires were for that demon mod I was telling you about above. I was kind of upset about this because I never paid for a demon eye mod nor did I want it. Nic told me they did it for free because it took a while to get my lights back (you shouldn’t do extra things for customers without asking them first. I get another call saying they plugged the headlights in and one of the halos on the driver side was not working. I get in contact with Nic and asked him wtf?. Did you test before shipping? He says something probably happened during shipping. I had to pay the shipping charge to ship the lights back to get it fixed (they should have paid for shipping, or at least half of it but they did not. If a company’s work is flawed, they should pay the shipping charges both ways. If they do not, then you know they can’t be trusted).

He fixed the halo and shipped the light back. Tested it and it worked. Later in the week I drive my car down to my buddy’s house during the night to show him the new headlight mods I got done. He noticed that something was off on the passenger side headlight. I took a look and saw that the HID was not producing enough light like the driver side. It was very strange, but the only thing I could think of was the HID got bumped or something. I didn't think that much of it because I was just so happy to have a complete car back and working. The next day I take the car down to the GF's house to get it washed up before we went to dinner. About 30 minutes after washing the car the whole driver side headlight is full of condensation...

Someone obviously doesn't know how to seal headlights properly. I'm furious because the water droplets got everywhere, even behind the hid lens. Now the headlight is going to need to be disassembled AGAIN and everything is going to need to be cleaned and re-sealed. I contact Nic again and I swear, every time I call he doesn't answer. He always gives me excuses saying he has bad cell phone reception. Well this is BS because I've called in before I sent the money and there was no problem answering the phone. So I told him I'm sending the lights back AGAIN and told him to take as much time as he needed to fix them properly. He told me he would take care of it. I also told him I'm sick and tired of sending my lights back and forth, losing money when you can't seem to fix your own work. He promised me he would get them fixed.

The lights arrive and my hopes right now are not high at all. In my head I was thinking to myself, "I am going to open this box and be disappointed again". Well, I guessed right! I looked at the lens with a flashlight and I could clearly see the dirty dried up water droplets. Also there are scuff marks on the inside of the lens housing. Nic promises me they were going to be perfect but yet another fail. Now I'm super pissed off and after exchanging some very heated emails back and forth I told him I want a full refund for the labor. I also want a brand new oem set of headlights so I can find another company that isn’t a complete pos. I told him he can keep my original set of headlights that he has done work on for the past 4-5 times and sell them to someone who doesn't care about their **** poor work.

Around April 09 I got my refund and a new set of new oem lights. I have heard other people that never even got their money back. This place cannot be trusted.

Here is another horror story of cincity designs:
https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-n...customers.html

2nd Company: Clearcorners.com
During the time I was waiting for my refund and oem lights from CinCityDesigns, I decided to contact Mike@Clearconers. I've seen his web site and his products but he did not do the R8 mod (which at the time I absolutely wanted, but then decided not to do it) and I didn't find out about his web site until after my lights were already being worked on by CinCity. I told Mike my whole story above and he was not surprised. He told me I wasn't the only one with a horror story. Also told him I am super **** about my stuff and told him to take as much time as he wanted. I just didn't want to re-live what happened between me and CinCityDesigns. He told me he is the same way and he is also super **** about his stuff so this worked out perfect for me.

I paid my deposit at the end of June 2009. Every month he would give me a call with any updates on the lights and the expected delivery date was around Oct 2009. He said not to believe the estimated time because it would take a little bit longer. I said don't worry about it and take your time; do it perfect. The headlights were finally completed Jan 2010 and were shipped to GTM. My car was currently at GTM getting a twin turbo installed. It was best that Mike shipped my lights to GTM so GTM could put them on the car and button everything up for me. After GTM got the twin turbo kit installed they test drove the car throughout the week for a total of 150 miles. I also paid for some front side marker lights and told Mike that my car was getting wrapped up from GTM and they needed the lights. Mike didn't respond to me for the longest time (about 4 months) which was concerning. He finally got in contact with me and shipped them to GTM. GTM finished up my car and I was getting ready to make the long road trip. I drove my truck and trailer all the way to GTM to pickup my car. Once I arrived I looked at the headlights and this is what I saw…

paint pushing up on the inside of the lens

Look at the paint touching the inside of the lens. You can pretty much say goodbye to that lens housing because that will never be able to be fixed. I called Mike and sent him pictures of this. He said that he was amazed this happened for only driving the car 150 miles. He said to ship the lights back and he would take care of it (and you guessed it, he didn’t pay for the shipping!). After he got the lights back, he did his repairs and told me that it isn’t picture perfect how I would like it but he repaired it as best he could. I asked him what it would take to make it perfect. He said purchasing another lens housing for $575. So I asked him, “If I pay for this, will this guarantee me that the paint will not be pushing up on the lens?”. He said “Yes” (I should have NEVER forked over the money and he should have covered all of it but lesson learned). So I paid the money and he said he would go down to the dealership and pick up a new lens. He finished the repairs and shipped the lights back to me. After getting the lights back this is what I saw…

paint pushing up on the inside of the lens

smudge mark on the inside of the lens

more marks on the inside of the lens

more marks on the inside of the lens

You have got to be kidding me. So your work is flawed and you make ME pay for a new headlight lens housing...and they look like that? Unbelievable! I sent him the pictures and demanded a $575 refund plus I wanted my original driver side lens housing back. Well guess what guys! No contact and no communication at all. A couple weeks went by and I setup a new email account and pretended I was a new customer interested in getting some headlights modded. He responded of course and then I called him out on ignoring me. He goes on saying I was a little brat. Laugh my fawking a$$ off. Yes, I’m a little brat for calling you out on your **** poor work and refusing to give me a refund. I filed a document with the BBB but Mike didn’t respond to it of course. I’ve spent over $4,000 dollars with him and you would think that he would want to make me happy. All I want is my property back (original driver’s side lens housing) and the $575 he scammed me out of.

When I paid for my headlights he accepted paypal. He makes sure that the 45 days has passed so you cannot file a dispute. I even tried filing a dispute with the credit company but I was out of that date range to file a dispute as well. I’ve also paid him by certified bank check for the other light mods. Another payment he knows you can’t dispute. Lastly, he wanted me to pay him cash for the $575 for the new lens housing. You can guess obviously why he wanted the cash. He already knew he was going to fawk me over.

After a couple months went by I washed my car a couple times. About one time every month as I do not drive the car a lot. After the 3rd wash, the led ring on the inside of the drivers side headlight didn't work anymore. I emailed him about it and he told me that I was out of the 1 year warranty and that I could pay him to repair it. I like how he had the nerve to say that. I wouldn't even have shipped the lights back to him even if he said he would have fixed them for free. He cannot be trusted. He still is refusing to refund my money and return my property to this day.

Here is a thread of myself and Mike discussing his BS. I love how he says “Oh, this was so long ago. Just shoot me a call and we can put this behind us”. No, how about you refund my money and my property?

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...rn-signal.html

Anybody out there reading this…Mike (my350z handle: old_s13) owner of clearcorners.com is a fawking scamming piece of garbage. Do not trust him and never give him any business. Doing any type of headlight modification is the worst mod you can do and is the biggest waste of money. Don't bother doing it. Save your money and spend it on something else.

You have been warned.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:15 PM
OCMan

cincity has been around. i thought they were pretty good until now.

btw OP, you spent $4k on headlight mod?

Last edited by OCMan; 03-06-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:19 PM
PikesPeakZ

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Haven't heard anything good about either of these companies. Sorry Goose I would be heated and just do a chargeback on my credit card.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:23 PM
SDGenius

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

AWFUL, sorry to see this

Quick Reply: My personal review of both CinCity Designs & Clearcorners.com