need your opinion on this..

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 11:46 PM
maXmood
Under Boost!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need your opinion on this..

here is the situation..

bought couple of bodykit parts (3 items) from a vendor here (paid $1000), and shipping around $500 including customs..

i received the box after a long wait, and 2 items were damaged..

1- CF front lip damaged on both ends and cracked (irreparable)
2- Rear spoiler (fiberglass) got damaged on 1 edge (repairable)

i contacted the vendor directly, and he asked me to file claim ASAP.

i filed a claim with shipping company, and they got back to me with a compensation of only $150.. $100 for the irreparable lip, $50 to fix the spoiler.

i was shocked!

i asked, why?? ... courier replied: the invoice from the seller lists out the items as $100 each. so we're paying you $100 as a full amount/refund for the irreparable item, and $50 which is half the price of the repairable item.

anyways...

i contacted the vendor and updated him on what happend. and asked him why he valued the items as $100 each? he replied saying, i was trying to cut down the customs for you, but i was wrong. let me know what you would like to do to settle this..

i replied, i don't know my options, but repairing the spoiler is gonna cost way more than $50, and the cracked/damaged CF is irreparable.

he said, i can pay half the price of fixing the spoiler, and maybe you can have the front lip clear coated?

i replied, i can fix the spoiler, no problem. but i would like you to suggest something about the cracked front lip. clear coating won't fix it.. and since you're the seller, you should give me the options on how to resolve this.

and his last message to me was on the 7th of Jan. till now, i've been PM'ing him every 2 days, and no reply.

i filed a claim on Paypal, and now he doesn't want to accept the blame (while he did mention at first that it's his fault).

i didn't ask him to reduce the prices on the bill, he did that without coming back to me. the shipping company is willing to compensate me, but only with what's written on the invoice.

i paid $439 for the lip, i don't remember the amount for the spoiler.

if you were in my place, how would you like this to be resolved?

damaged parts for ref:
CF Front lip

spoiler:

Old 01-18-2010, 03:41 AM
docaam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats really sad man...

btw if you don't mind who's the vendor?? as usually if he is the sponsered vendor of the site hopefully he will take care of it....keep us posted..
Old 01-18-2010, 05:00 AM
TRYNALIVEPRO

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

chargeback!!!
Old 01-18-2010, 05:56 AM
rtiid22

Replacement or 100% refund.. that's what I'll want
Old 01-18-2010, 06:58 AM
SoldzMyZ

i hope you used your credit card link to your paypal. i would file a credit card claim... paypal is shittie. they rarely do **** especially for nonclearcut cases.

that and post the vendor on here. nothing like a public hanging to wake a vendor up and see their sales decrease.

Last edited by SoldzMyZ; 01-18-2010 at 06:59 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:18 AM
maXmood
Under Boost!

Used Paypal and my credit card is linked to it.. i filed a claim with paypal already.

i'd rather be discreet on vendor's name for now.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:40 AM
themadhatterxxx

If we guess the vendor will you tell us? Is it AutoInfantry?
Old 01-18-2010, 07:45 AM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

not us
good luck OP
Old 01-18-2010, 08:10 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

dude you have had the worst luck ever with parts : (

this is a bad scenario for both you and the vendor. I would want a replacement lip, and the bill for the spoiler to be repaired, personally. if you truly didn't ask them to value down the items to make customs cheaper, then they should own up to that mistake. sometimes you have to to take a hit to make things right.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:15 AM
leykias

If the vendor is being shady, you should tell the whole forum out of courtesy...
Why wouldn't you tell us who the vendor is..
If I was a potential customer, I would like to know...

100% refund or brand new item is the only options i would consider.

Last edited by leykias; 01-18-2010 at 08:17 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:49 AM
maXmood
Under Boost!

not AutoInfantry...

i don't wanna give out the vendor's name because he got good products and everyone can vouch for him..

again, this is not to do with him or his products, it's with the mistake and false assumption he did when he wrote a lower value for the parts without coming back to me.

i've put this in public for him to see what would anyone else think about the problem, and what everyone would like to get in compensation. while what i'm asking for is not as most of you are, and i'm willing to compromise..

his final offer to me:

send me a new CF lip, but i have to pay for shipping. + $90 to repaint the spoiler..

what do you guys think of this settlement?
Old 01-18-2010, 09:19 AM
*ICE*

looks like MINE'S CF lip from the same vendor that i purchased mine. There is only one guy here that sell it. Anyways, I had a similar crack on mine but it was an accident. Got the clearcoat re-clear, patched up the crack underneath from a body shop. Wont make it look brand new again and you can't even see it from far away. Thats the price to pay for CF part. Once the weave is broken, there is no way to fix it.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:40 AM
vex008

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

understand the vendor was trying to save you on the amount to pay on customs duty, which is a huge plus being some countries have 100% duty on items being imported - problem is the vendor assumed without asking if you wanted it done that way so it should be on the vendor...
...to cover cost of return shipping
and no charge to send out replacement items with the correct value incase of another shipping claim.
if the vendor is smart he should take the loss but use it as advertisement as great customer service, which would yield more business to make up for the loss in the long run.
But not making good on a wrong they made leaves doubt in people that would consider doing business with the vendor. Doubt = lost client
Especially if for some reason you decide to disclose who the vendor is and word gets around that the vendor stiffed you.

Case & Point:
I was going to spend about $2500 with a vendor but they had lots of bad reviews and only made good on a small percent of those faulty items so I ended up going with their competition with all good reviews (they also had a couple faulty items - not as many - go out but from what I have come across they made good on all those issues) and I end up spending $3000+

just my 2cents
Old 01-18-2010, 09:46 AM
vex008

forgot to add
or 100% refund on all
item shipping duty paid.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:47 AM
maXmood
Under Boost!

Originally Posted by vex008
understand the vendor was trying to save you on the amount to pay on customs duty, which is a huge plus being some countries have 100% duty on items being imported - problem is the vendor assumed without asking if you wanted it done that way so it should be on the vendor...
...to cover cost of return shipping
and no charge to send out replacement items with the correct value incase of another shipping claim.
if the vendor is smart he should take the loss but use it as advertisement as great customer service, which would yield more business to make up for the loss in the long run.
But not making good on a wrong they made leaves doubt in people that would consider doing business with the vendor. Doubt = lost client
Especially if for some reason you decide to disclose who the vendor is and word gets around that the vendor stiffed you.

Case & Point:
I was going to spend about $2500 with a vendor but they had lots of bad reviews and only made good on a small percent of those faulty items so I ended up going with their competition with all good reviews (they also had a couple faulty items - not as many - go out but from what I have come across they made good on all those issues) and I end up spending $3000+

just my 2cents
totally agree on your point of view..

and if things doesn't go well, i will disclose the vendor's name so ppl consider carefull communication/business with him.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:57 AM
vex008

you shouldn't have to double up on the shipping
new CF shipped to you and you going 50/50 on shipping is more than resonable
+$90 respray offer is trash.
you want NEW stuff - not refurbished. If vendor wants he can offer it up and advertise refurbished item for sale at a reduced price. But that has nothing to do with you.
have NEW CF lip shipped pay 50% if you want and fix rear spoiler yourself
I think vendor should be more than happy with that deal.
remember to let customs know you are shipping back damaged or incorrect item so that they can credit the amount towards replacement NEW CF lip
Old 01-18-2010, 10:00 AM
vex008

Originally Posted by maXmood
and if things doesn't go well, i will disclose the vendor's name so ppl consider carefull communication/business with him.
Please PM me incase I dont catch the thread that it didn't turn out well.
just so i know where not to shop

Thanks and good luck.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

If you requested the lowered value on the invoice, then I think you are responsible. The shipping company is being fair with you. Had you not lowered the value, there most likely would be no issue worth posting about. You could take the money from the shipping company and have the vendor send out new items. If you didn't request the lowered declared value, then the vendor should reship new items and you pay whatever you got from the shipping company.

In the end, it is a bad situation and should be used as a learning experience

Last edited by Zivman; 01-18-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:29 AM
maXmood
Under Boost!

Originally Posted by vex008
Please PM me incase I dont catch the thread that it didn't turn out well.
just so i know where not to shop

Thanks and good luck.
will do..

thanks for your input.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:35 AM
maXmood
Under Boost!

Originally Posted by Zivman
If you requested the lowered value on the invoice, then I think you are responsible. The shipping company is being fair with you. Had you not lowered the value, there most likely would be no issue worth posting about. You could take the money from the shipping company and have the vendor send out new items. If you didn't request the lowered declared value, then the vendor should reship new items and you pay whatever you got from the shipping company.

In the end, it is a bad situation and should be used as a learning experience
i didn't not request or knew about the lowered prices.. i was shocked when i knew.!

the shipping company is being fair to compensate me on what written on the invoice.

the vendor is not accepting the fact that it has nothing to do with the shipping company being it TNT, UPS, USPS, FedEx or even Aramex, but rather the prices he set on the bill...

i mean, $hit happens, and damaged items is something expected even with the best shipping company worldwide, but if the bill had the correct value, then i won't have anything against the vendor.

i'm trying to be fair and compromise on the compensation.. but looks like the vendor wants to keep it on paypal to resolve it.

and that's his last reply to me:
This is what I can offer you. I think that is all I can do for you. If yo uare not satisfied with my offer, then we will just have to let Paypal decide on the case. I hate to do this, but I have do my best. You should have go with my shipping method. This won't happen if you did. TNT is just not a very good shipping company. I have packed the package very well. Please understand my side. Thank you.

Last edited by maXmood; 01-18-2010 at 10:38 AM.

Quick Reply: need your opinion on this..