Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

OEM burnt orange seats?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010 | 08:28 PM
superspud

Default OEM burnt orange seats?

this could be in the wrong section but i was wanting to get a set of factory 350z burnt orange leather seats for my Z. my question is two fold.... i have a base model and i believe the orange leathers are heated... will those work / hook up in my base model? I honestly couldnt care less about the heaters, i just want the orange leather seats...

also, is there a vendor or somewhere in particular that i can find them? i wouldnt mind picking up some used ones, but when i did a google search (and a quick one over of this site) i just found a lot of old adds from private sellers.

thanks in advance...
Old 01-31-2010 | 08:49 PM
Rowlett

They hook right up, but if your car didn't come with seat warmer switches then you would have to add your own..

OEM your best shot is to find them from a private seller, junk yard, or the dealership.
Old 02-01-2010 | 07:28 AM
superspud

thanks for the reply

I neeeeeeeed these seats
Old 02-01-2010 | 05:21 PM
Spike100

The great thing about the Base Model is it’s an empty pallet that’s receptive to most modifications. Since you have a Base Model, you can fit factory 350z burnt orange leather seats into your car. The heaters won’t work unless you do some wiring, including the remote heater switches; but you said this isn’t a consideration so you can just ignore this.

The people having problems fitting different factory seats are those who have Z’s with the side airbags. If they install the wrong seats, they lose the airbag function (a safety feature). You do not need to worry about this.

You’re good to go. The burnt orange leather seats look just great.

Additional Comments:
  • These seats are popular and finding them locally is a challenge since they are so desirable. Your junkyard/parts-supplier probably won’t have these, but they can do a National search. If they do find them, they will be expensive.

• The Base seats in the Z have fabric that wears quickly on the bolster, but the seat itself is quite good. It maintains its shape very well, and it has a superior structural configuration.

• You should consider buying an upholstery leather kit. That may even cost you less, and you get exactly the leather color you want. You can also get the same leather and color to do some of the other pieces in your Z (E-Brake handle, console cover, etc.).

Hope this is helpful,

--Spike
Old 02-03-2010 | 05:28 PM
Rowlett

Oh yeah, I believe all leather seats come electric, I could be wrong.. conecting electric power is a must otherwise.. Iv upgraded to the same seats you are wanting, and had to tap into the power from the cig lighter.
Old 02-03-2010 | 05:32 PM
bad 350z

what are u willing to pay i have them in my 08 and was thinking about selling but it would be expensive..