Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aero Designs seat "BRIDE replica"

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 03:58 PM
bnag0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chebosto
i'll bet you that AD res won't answer you on your inquiry on safety crash tests because crash testing takes $10000s to do, and no way a knock off company is going to goto that trouble in doing so...
I read this on the Aero Designs website...

"All Aero Designs seats undergo rigorous testing and meet very specific standards. "

I think they will respond to my email and i am very curious as to what these seats go through even if it is not FIA approved. So lets all chill and get all the facts instead of throwing around all these meaningless opinions
Old 04-14-2010, 04:04 PM
robbinsj

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bnag0
I read this on the Aero Designs website...

"All Aero Designs seats undergo rigorous testing and meet very specific standards. "

I think they will respond to my email and i am very curious as to what these seats go through even if it is not FIA approved. So lets all chill and get all the facts instead of throwing around all these meaningless opinions
+1 please post up what you find and contact AD directly not some vendor.

Last edited by robbinsj; 04-14-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:15 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by dikspiel
Sorry OP but those are fugly to me and I agree with Chebosto.
Coming from the guy with Varrstoen replica Volks and stock seats..
Old 04-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Citrus

Originally Posted by robbinsj
You obviously go to the track and FIA standards are for extreme conditions and nothing close to how I drive.
Why'd you get seats with side helmet restraints if you have no intentions of tracking your car?

From my understanding they are the same as a BRIDE seat but since they saved huge on not getting 6 yr FIA certs and testing to make an original product, that is why they are cheaper in $$$. et I have searched and only found good things about them so I tried it out.
They look like BRIDE seats. However, the materials used to manufacture them are cheap and inferior compared to the ones that go into seats that actually pass crash testing. I already showed you the difference between a quality engineered product vs. a cheap chinese replica in the other thread.

Also, I believe you have myself and Adam from Z1 (your so-called 'Timmy') confused. In any case, you've thoroughly proven what an idiot you are to everyone who's read either thread.

Turbozzzz.... NAWZZZZ.... Tommy Kaira emblemzzz ... race seatzzzz....

Hardcore streetracer fanboi much?

Superf*ckingLOL
Old 04-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by Citrus
Why'd you get seats with side helmet restraints if you have no intentions of tracking your car?

They look like BRIDE seats. However, the materials used to manufacture them are cheap and inferior compared to the ones that go into seats that actually pass crash testing. I already showed you the difference between a quality engineered product vs. a cheap chinese replica in the other thread.

Also, I believe you have myself and Adam from Z1 (your so-called 'Timmy') confused. In any case, you've thoroughly proven what an idiot you are to everyone who's read either thread.

Superf*ckingLOL
Care to share pics of your car or mods so far before you bash?
Old 04-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can I bash for no reason just because I have the real thing???

Old 04-14-2010, 04:35 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by Barnabas

You have the Ok..
Old 04-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Barnabas

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
You have the Ok..

Im just following this thread hoping test results of replica's will come out of the wood work

I wish BRIDE JAPAN would test replica's since they have the equipment and then they could show the superior design that they have.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:43 PM
robbinsj

Superf*ckingLOL
IF you read everything I said I was just testing to see what I like and if I wished to track the car it would have to be FIA certified. That is fine if it is made cheaply as this is a test!

Thanks for trying Eric now put on your helmet and stop sniffing the glue.
Attached Thumbnails Aero Designs seat "BRIDE replica"-tard-helm.jpg  
Old 04-14-2010, 04:46 PM
robbinsj

but if your bashing only cuss you have the real deal, then ur decision is persuaded towards your purchase. I can understand and respect that thus is why this is not a "look what BRIDE seats are better" thread. Just a test bro.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Barnabas

but if your bashing only cuss you have the real deal, then ur decision is persuaded towards your purchase. I can understand and respect that thus is why this is not a "look what BRIDE seats are better" thread. Just a test bro.
you should have read my second post

I was just saying that as a joke to what Jay posted. I am here to see what the results are of the replica's and what testing my pop up
\

Continue with your testing sir
Old 04-14-2010, 04:52 PM
robbinsj

Im just following this thread hoping test results of replica's will come out of the wood work

I wish BRIDE JAPAN would test replica's since they have the equipment and then they could show the superior design that they have.
+1 I also think the info is not around to show the value of diff replicas.

Honestly I think the replica seats are what most wish body kit replicas did. Instead everyone loves to mod a body kit more than seats or else it would be the same with everything. Instead tons of replica body kits have quality reviews but no one does reviews on replica seats. There IS A SMALL POSSIBILITY that there is a replica seat with basic quality for street use. "caped so Eric can see, he some times sees doubles when he has had to much Elmers."
Old 04-14-2010, 04:53 PM
robbinsj

you should have read my second post

I was just saying that as a joke to what Jay posted. I am here to see what the results are of the replica's and what testing my pop up
\

Continue with your testing sir
hehe sry we seem to be on some type of forum delay.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:56 PM
Barnabas

+1 I also think the info is not around to show the value of diff replicas.

Honestly I think the replica seats are what most wish body kit replicas did. Instead everyone loves to mod a body kit more than seats or else it would be the same with everything. Instead tons of replica body kits have quality reviews but no one does reviews on replica seats. There IS A SMALL POSSIBILITY that there is a replica seat with basic quality for street use. "caped so Eric can see, he some times sees doubles when he has had to much Elmers."
I would think you need more protection on a street car vs a track car because like previously posted a track car has a roll cage and the whole ten yards.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:40 PM
robbinsj

I would think you need more protection on a street car vs a track car because like previously posted a track car has a roll cage and the whole ten yards.
True but why do they have a roll cage?

Not because there held to less safety standards.

Because racing is a higher risk thus your seat can only be 6yrs old or under till your in FIA violation.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:58 PM
bnag0

Is this something you think or know? If you have found how AD puts there seats together and what material as well as the process of creating the design i would really like to see it. This is more of a learning about the Aero Design seats kind of thread. Because if you do not know how the seat was made then you have absolutely no say at all. The point of most threads like these is to gather all the information about the SPECIFIC product and analyze it. I know there are seats out there that are actually junk but the whole point is to prove it. Because just saying they are Chinese does not do me or anyone else trying to learn any good. I am currently waiting for some feedback on some testing that AD goes through with these seats and until then i don't see how anyone can say they are complete trash without seeing all the info.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:00 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by bnag0
Is this something you think or know? If you have found how AD puts there seats together and what material as well as the process of creating the design i would really like to see it. This is more of a learning about the Aero Design seats kind of thread. Because if you do not know how the seat was made then you have absolutely no say at all. The point of most threads like these is to gather all the information about the SPECIFIC product and analyze it. I know there are seats out there that are actually junk but the whole point is to prove it. Because just saying they are Chinese does not do me or anyone else trying to learn any good. I am currently waiting for some feedback on some testing that AD goes through with these seats and until then i don't see how anyone can say they are complete trash without seeing all the info.
This is why i say i paid 200.....http://www.subesports.com/products/c...bra/prodID/675
Old 04-14-2010, 06:05 PM
bnag0

So Robbinsj how much more uncomfortable is the seat compared to the stock one? There can't be a whole lot of padding in there but im not sure which is why i ask.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:15 PM
aloh

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Not feeling that striped pattern on the seat cushions...all black would look alot less cheesy. Way too aggressive for my liking though. If you like it, then thats all that matters.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:46 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

No need to say sorry friend.

To each there own but honestly this is not the seats I want. If I had the extra $$$ I would get the all dry CF ones I saw on here. This was and is for test purposes only as I am not a sheep so I do not take all I hear on this forum as gospel. I can not justify the extra $$ atm so I am trying diff things. Also this is the first time I have ever changed the OEM seats in any of my cars so I have yet to really set myself on the tyle that I will like best. Think I will try diff types and brands before I settle on what is right for me.

This thread was made to help others that might have considered these but where not able to simply test like I am.
I frankly don't care what seats you get or your reasoning. I'm just curious bout your argument...

You say that you can not justify the extra $ for tested and proven seats just because of what this forum says. Yet you would rather spend however much money these seats cost, only to run the risk that you may need to replace them? Then spend more money to buy Recaro/Bride or whatever authentic company to replace your cheap knock-offs.... How is that money well spent? Why not just do it right the first time?

Also, you say you don't need seats that pass rigorous testing such as Recaro/Bride, but isn't it better knowing that something that holds your body in place inside a moving vehicle is overkill? I mean for me I would rather have more safety.

You say you're doing this as a test to give other forum members a review of other things out there. I don't know you, and I could care less what you spend your money on, but I'm sure most of the forum members would rather you not put your life at risk just for the sake of reviewing something cause there are no reviews on it.

just my 2cents

Quick Reply: Aero Designs seat "BRIDE replica"