Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aero Designs seat "BRIDE replica"

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 01:30 AM
robbinsj

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bnag0
So Robbinsj how much more uncomfortable is the seat compared to the stock one? There can't be a whole lot of padding in there but im not sure which is why i ask.
it is padded very well but as a racing styled seat is more firm and fitted. I am very comfortable in the set and like it thus far better than OEM. Specially when people see it on the street, I get tons of compliments on it.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:34 AM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by aloh
Not feeling that striped pattern on the seat cushions...all black would look alot less cheesy. Way too aggressive for my liking though. If you like it, then thats all that matters.
Thanks, I am not to sure what I like but my car is very aggressive atm. Mostly just looked at images till I saw something that caught my eye and I found it and got it.

That strip pattern down the middle is the BRIDE trade mark backing and honestly can be fixed at an upholstery shop.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:13 AM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by MethodRN
I frankly don't care what seats you get or your reasoning. I'm just curious bout your argument...

You say that you can not justify the extra $ for tested and proven seats just because of what this forum says. Yet you would rather spend however much money these seats cost, only to run the risk that you may need to replace them? Then spend more money to buy Recaro/Bride or whatever authentic company to replace your cheap knock-offs.... How is that money well spent? Why not just do it right the first time?

Also, you say you don't need seats that pass rigorous testing such as Recaro/Bride, but isn't it better knowing that something that holds your body in place inside a moving vehicle is overkill? I mean for me I would rather have more safety.

You say you're doing this as a test to give other forum members a review of other things out there. I don't know you, and I could care less what you spend your money on, but I'm sure most of the forum members would rather you not put your life at risk just for the sake of reviewing something cause there are no reviews on it.

just my 2cents
NP, sry its kinda confusing I guess but let me see if I can explain it this way.

Goal: Find out what type of seat fits me and my style.

Options:

Adjustable without helm guards: like the standard OEM seat you can adjust it and via the brackets move to fit many angles.

Fitted with and without helm guards: The true racing styled seat that comes standard in no car i know of. I had no experience with this style and did not know if I would like it or not.

Action 1: Test Fitted with helm guards to see if A: I like helm guards & B: if I like fitted "i.e not adjustable"

Budget options for Action 1:

Spend Allot: This means Baller seats like BRIDE and if you want fitted with helm guards its the Gardis III. http://www.andysautosport.com/toyota...e00097789.html

Spend a little: Searched google first when I was looking into this type of seat and found this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_4236wt_939

Logic: Testing if you like fitted and helm guards did not require baller seats as I would have to sell an lose $$$. On the other hand this AD seat would make a killer PC chair. This is why it is money well spent.

Therefore if I got BRIDE seats "and did it right the first time" I would have to get carbon fiber. To get a BRIDE CF Gardis III it costs about $2,300 - $2,500 each without bracket "$$$" special order from Japan with a long wait. Is doing that just to test if you like fitted with helm guards logical?

Last edited by robbinsj; 04-15-2010 at 02:22 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:19 AM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by MethodRN

Also, you say you don't need seats that pass rigorous testing such as Recaro/Bride, but isn't it better knowing that something that holds your body in place inside a moving vehicle is overkill? I mean for me I would rather have more safety.
We are waiting for the results on that per above. These could be tested to reg standards or more/less idk.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:17 AM
bnag0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got to work and got an email response back about the seat...

Hi Brent,

I have passed your question on to Aero Design, the manufacturer of the Ares seat. As soon as I get their response I will send you their answer.

Todd Schafer
President
NorCal Auto Concepts, LLC

I used the contact field on Aero Designs website which i guess is forwarded to the sales department... oh well at least they responded.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:28 AM
Done Deal DR

Originally Posted by robbinsj
lol, we put our kids at more risk than I am in.
That was actually more of a play on Chebosto taking you to school.

In any event, its your car and life, people are just trying to look out for you though robbinsj.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:41 AM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by Done Deal DR
That was actually more of a play on Chebosto taking you to school.

In any event, its your car and life, people are just trying to look out for you though robbinsj.
Thanks for caring but the truth is my seat is safer than any seat on the bus for our kids.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:50 AM
Done Deal DR

Keep in mind that a bus weighs several tons at a minimum and will pretty much steamroll anything with very little loss of momentum. Haven't you ever seen "Speed"? LOL

Old 04-15-2010, 11:00 AM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by Done Deal DR
Keep in mind that a bus weighs several tons at a minimum and will pretty much steamroll anything with very little loss of momentum. Haven't you ever seen "Speed"? LOL

True... till it hits a tree. I was just derailing the topic of safety lol.

I am just confused why so many care about my safety when it comes to a seat but no one cares about my safety when it comes to my turbo or NOS. I think both a turbo or NOS can "Cause" a crash or an explosion. A seat just might crack and implant CF into my @$$.

Then I will be one with the CF ways.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:29 PM
bnag0

it is padded very well but as a racing styled seat is more firm and fitted. I am very comfortable in the set and like it thus far better than OEM. Specially when people see it on the street, I get tons of compliments on it.
I need to find a place or a car meet soon so i can go seat sitting. Im just wondering if im gunna mind a seat like the AD Ares on a 2 hour trip
Old 04-16-2010, 01:32 AM
robbinsj

I need to find a place or a car meet soon so i can go seat sitting. Im just wondering if im gunna mind a seat like the AD Ares on a 2 hour trip
I think you will be fine, they look more padded than mine and I could sit in mine for a long time.

Did you see the red Ares??? Holy shiz there sexy without the BRIDE Grad. in the middle.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:08 AM
bnag0

Did you see the red Ares??? Holy shiz there sexy without the BRIDE Grad. in the middle.
those are the ones i want
Old 04-16-2010, 11:09 AM
bnag0

Update on safety testing... doesnt look to good fo far

So what you are implying is that you can not show me or explain to me that this seat is actually safe?

Doesn’t the seat go through crash testing? Or is the seat just sat in while driving? Is there any information at all you can give me to insure my safety?

Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 3:00 PM
To: Brent Naegele
Subject: RE: Aero Designs Seat Testing
Importance: High

We wouldn’t have any document or paper work to show you, all the test is done by professional driver in Japan, we wouldn’t have anything to show you in the English.

Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 9:29 AM
To: racing@jtrsport.com
Subject: Aero Designs Seat Testing

Hello,

I am interested in your AD Ares style seat and it looks like it really holds a person in and the price is very reasonable. Stated in the description of this seat is “All Aero Designs seats undergo rigorous testing and meet very specific standards.” I was just wondering if someone can send me a document or some kind of specifications on the testing that is done to these seats to insure my safety…

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2010, 11:15 AM
ATL_Red_G35

ask them for Japanese documents because you can read Japanese. let's see what their response will be.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:54 AM
robbinsj

Least they confirmed it is tested but now to judge IF the testing is good or not.

Wonder why they would have it tested in Japan if thes are made in cheap china. Kinda odd.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:42 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

Update on safety testing... doesnt look to good fo far

So what you are implying is that you can not show me or explain to me that this seat is actually safe?

Doesn’t the seat go through crash testing? Or is the seat just sat in while driving? Is there any information at all you can give me to insure my safety?

Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 3:00 PM
To: Brent Naegele
Subject: RE: Aero Designs Seat Testing
Importance: High

We wouldn’t have any document or paper work to show you, all the test is done by professional driver in Japan, we wouldn’t have anything to show you in the English.

Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 9:29 AM
To: racing@jtrsport.com
Subject: Aero Designs Seat Testing

Hello,

I am interested in your AD Ares style seat and it looks like it really holds a person in and the price is very reasonable. Stated in the description of this seat is “All Aero Designs seats undergo rigorous testing and meet very specific standards.” I was just wondering if someone can send me a document or some kind of specifications on the testing that is done to these seats to insure my safety…

Thanks!
Least they confirmed it is tested but now to judge IF the testing is good or not.

Wonder why they would have it tested in Japan if thes are made in cheap china. Kinda odd.
Sounds fishy to me....

Them saying it is tested doesn't confirm anything to me.... I mean I could say the Loch Ness monster exist but that doesn't make it so.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:20 AM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Google translator!!! then you can at least get an idea!!
Old 04-18-2010, 08:01 AM
bnag0

tomorrow when i get a reply at work i will update the email... And if they don't give me anything i will ask for the japan documents... No idea how i would translate them but i guess its a start lol. I hope they gp through some kind of crash testing, i wouldnt mind having these seats!
Old 04-19-2010, 05:39 AM
bnag0

tomorrow when i get a reply at work i will update the email... And if they don't give me anything i will ask for the japan documents... No idea how i would translate them but i guess its a start lol. I hope they gp through some kind of crash testing, i wouldnt mind having these seats!
Well,
I havent gotten a response from the last reply i sent so i sent another email requesting the Japanese test documents...
Old 04-19-2010, 05:10 PM
robbinsj

new toys
Attached Thumbnails Aero Designs seat "BRIDE replica"-picture-006.jpg   Aero Designs seat "BRIDE replica"-picture-008.jpg  

Quick Reply: Aero Designs seat "BRIDE replica"