Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has bought a Cardone window motor from an autoparts store?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 05:18 AM
ericjackson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has bought a Cardone window motor from an autoparts store?

i believe they carry them at autozone and o'riely, probably more stores.

but anyway. I bought one because of the "lifetime" warranty. I think I even made the statement, "at that price and with a lifetime warranty, i'll change it out every month if i have to."

.... well this is my 3rd this year. since march to be exact.

anyone else have problems? i mean, the work isnt that hard (unless its hot and humid as hell like here) but i have to let the "hold" $180 everytime i go get one till i bring back the old one.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:31 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

that sucks man esp if u mean thus march. My Rec is maybe get one from West coast covina Nissan on here and go back OEM
Old 06-09-2010, 05:58 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Think i would rather pay more upfront and not have to go through the agony factor. although by now I guess you are probably pretty good at the install. Same think happened on a buddy's Honda CRV a couple years back - failed within a month.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:17 AM
garytucker

Oldest scam in the book. Lifetime warranties these days are written to get your money and that's it. My brother-in-law bought into the parts store's lifetime brake pads-he was changing pads every few months whereas with the high-dollar OEM type pads (without a lifetime warranty) he might have only changed once a year.

They are counting on you getting frustrated and going elsewhere versus keep coming back. If you don't mind the "fun" of changing parts often, buy the lifetime crap...if you want quality and dependability, spend the extra bucks for a quality part.

Also, be sure to verify what the "lifetime" is when you purchase that stuff...some of the specify a lifetime of only a few years...
Old 06-09-2010, 09:12 AM
ericjackson

Well I bought it after hearing good things here
Old 06-09-2010, 09:43 AM
ericjackson

Originally Posted by garytucker
Oldest scam in the book. Lifetime warranties these days are written to get your money and that's it. My brother-in-law bought into the parts store's lifetime brake pads-he was changing pads every few months whereas with the high-dollar OEM type pads (without a lifetime warranty) he might have only changed once a year.

They are counting on you getting frustrated and going elsewhere versus keep coming back. If you don't mind the "fun" of changing parts often, buy the lifetime crap...if you want quality and dependability, spend the extra bucks for a quality part.

Also, be sure to verify what the "lifetime" is when you purchase that stuff...some of the specify a lifetime of only a few years...

im pretty sure its full lifetime...

i seriously have had this particular motor for a month or less... could it be a problem somewhere else?
Old 06-09-2010, 10:57 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

I'l on my second one on the pass side (hardly used) and still on my first one drivers side(3 years)
Old 06-09-2010, 12:12 PM
ms350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I replaced my passenger side window motor with one from Autozone about 7 months ago, it is still working perfectly. If I did have to swap the motor again I could do it in about 30 minutes. I'm not sure why some folks act like the OEM motor is bulletproof considering the fact that it went out on most all of our cars, and it costs twice as much and only has a one year warranty when compared to the motor from the auto parts store.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:27 PM
ericjackson

Originally Posted by ms350z
I replaced my passenger side window motor with one from Autozone about 7 months ago, it is still working perfectly. If I did have to swap the motor again I could do it in about 30 minutes. I'm not sure why some folks act like the OEM motor is bulletproof considering the fact that it went out on most all of our cars, and it costs twice as much and only has a one year warranty when compared to the motor from the auto parts store.
exactly^
Old 06-11-2010, 02:49 PM
ericjackson

I'd like to update this and say that Kyle who is the Market Analyst/Product Manager for motors for Cardone Industries contacted me on this site and got a little info about my problems. And is sending me out a new motor. Hopefully this one is the one
Old 06-11-2010, 08:08 PM
marco_mendoza

Mine goes out every year. No problem ever changing it out. OEM went out on me twice after warranty a long time ago.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:33 AM
ericjackson

Originally Posted by marco_mendoza
Mine goes out every year. No problem ever changing it out. OEM went out on me twice after warranty a long time ago.

I could live with yearly. But changing it out monthly is getting old