Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Baller Bolts

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 10:05 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

meh..see these bolts everyday at work...

fastener world is actually quite entrancing........just not for me........

I wouldnt mind some hiloks for mounting a titek duct over rivets though....
-j

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 03-10-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:21 PM
RyanHampton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nexx

+1, function over form. people who use this kind of stuff must have played dress up with barbie dolls growing up. oh look at my pretty nuts and bolts! ghey!!!
I guess you missed the function over form part.......42 lbs off a car using titanium hardware sounds like function over form does it not?

I suppose Rhys Millen, TRG, Team Falken, Bergenholtz Racing and Factor X (FXMD) have no idea what they are doing and that's why they buy titanium hardware.

Jason, Now we are talking hardware. I have been looking at grabbing some of Hi Loks, but its hard to get a decent quote for anything under 5,000 pieces.

Last edited by RyanHampton; 03-10-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:26 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RyanHampton
I guess you missed the function over form part.......42 lbs off a car using titanium hardware sounds like function over form does it not?

I suppose Rhys Millen, TRG, Team Falken, Bergenholtz Racing and Factor X (FXMD) have no idea what they are doing and that's why they buy titanium hardware.

Jason, Now we are talking hardware. I have been looking at grabbing some of Hi Loks, but its hard to get a decent quote for anything under 5,000 pieces.
sir, i sure did miss that. i guess for a competition vehicle that 42 pounds would be worth it but then again, how many people here drive a hardcore Z like that. dont get me wrong, i would pimp the the schit out of your products if they were given to me but noway in hell am i gonna spend the money you guys are asking.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:53 AM
robbinsj

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea dropping thousands of $$$ for 42 pounds! Should just get dry CF if thats what you like.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:57 PM
RyanHampton

Actually a whole car in ti ranges from $2,200 to $3,500. Yes ti is expensive, it is not for everyone. I think people are under the impression that titanium will be the price of stainless steel; that is totally not the case. However if you go to True Value and buy a bolt in stainless steel, you are paying close to the price of titanium.

I'm not here to convince people to buy titanium hardware, I am just stating the factual advantages. The people who are going to buy titanium hardware will purchase it; the people who don't wish to purchase it won't.

The teams that buy full titanium car kits already have all the dry carbon parts, so yes it is the final piece of the light weight puzzle. \

Last edited by RyanHampton; 03-11-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:36 PM
hatchboi

hey ryan is something wrong with your phone line? i tried calling in today to ask a few question but the phone said there is no phone by the number listed on your site...
Old 03-11-2010, 09:45 PM
RyanHampton

Not sure what is going on with that, I pm'd you my cell number.

Anyway, here is some pics of our custom bolts on the Intense Power VQ35 intake....
Attached Thumbnails Baller Bolts-hampton2.jpg   Baller Bolts-hampton1.jpg  

Last edited by RyanHampton; 03-12-2010 at 02:30 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really like these and they would match my TI rims perfectly

DO you have ones that could work on the kenitex velocity plenum for the engine dress up kit??

I would be interested in just the dress up for all the nuts and bolts int eh engine bay and maybe get into the suspension and trans and motor mounts and all that later on down the road.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:51 PM
RyanHampton

Not a problem, PM'd
Old 03-12-2010, 10:58 PM
hatchboi

i know i want to order the titanium steering wheels bolts but i figure i minus well get some nice license plate bolts also. are these the bolts for the license plate in this picture? and on your website it say $5.65, is that for one bolt?
just trying to figure what color to get in the plate bolt and i will make an order

Old 03-13-2010, 01:16 AM
_ink

Originally Posted by Barnabas
I really like these and they would match my TI rims perfectly

DO you have ones that could work on the kenitex velocity plenum for the engine dress up kit??

I would be interested in just the dress up for all the nuts and bolts int eh engine bay and maybe get into the suspension and trans and motor mounts and all that later on down the road.
I'm interested in this also as i have the Kinetix Velocity manifold shipped to me as we speak.

Let me know ryan.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:18 AM
_ink

Anyway, here is some pics of our custom bolts on the Intense Power VQ35 intake....
They look good! I'll take an exact set of those in stainless steel coloured black please!
Old 03-16-2010, 10:57 PM
RyanHampton

Once again,

The only problem is the black coloring on stainless. Not very cost effective. On titanium or aluminum it is possible. Aluminum can be anodized black obviously, and titanium can be nitrided black at a pretty heavy expense. I am sure most of you have seen the really gold drill bits....Those are nitrided. Well they can do that in black too...Looks really badass, but the cost is $600 per production run. More or less it equates out to $2.00 per bolt cost increase for black nitriding. In my opinion it is the absolute of indulgence or gluttony of the fastener world. It is really tough too!
Old 03-17-2010, 12:24 AM
Vader007

Thumbs down Gallery-Fresh dress up kit/Performance Nissan

Thats exactly what I've been looking for!
Just dropped $200 on the gallery kit from Perfomance Nissan, was VERY unimpressed with the packaging when I opened the box. The websiter shows individual bags, labled and placed in a foam protection liner......NOT!
loose bags of bolts and washers in a box with an envelope containing a sticker, business card and diagram of bolt locations. Seal was clearly not in tact, envelope had been previously opened, it looks like someone purchased this kit, openen it up and sent it back!
Wish I knew about this before I ordered the Gallery kit, so when do you think your kit will be ready?
Any idea for a price range yet? Will there be add on options to complete the other parts not included in the kit?

Jerry

Last edited by Vader007; 03-17-2010 at 12:26 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:07 AM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vader007
Thats exactly what I've been looking for!
Just dropped $200 on the gallery kit from Perfomance Nissan, was VERY unimpressed with the packaging when I opened the box. The websiter shows individual bags, labled and placed in a foam protection liner......NOT!
loose bags of bolts and washers in a box with an envelope containing a sticker, business card and diagram of bolt locations. Seal was clearly not in tact, envelope had been previously opened, it looks like someone purchased this kit, openen it up and sent it back!
Wish I knew about this before I ordered the Gallery kit, so when do you think your kit will be ready?
Any idea for a price range yet? Will there be add on options to complete the other parts not included in the kit?

Jerry
Sounds like you got screwed Jerry, my Gallery kit was packaged pretty nicely. I think you bought a pre-owned set or something. However, I am disappointed at how the color is fading. I bought the red kit and and the color is fading quickly.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:11 AM
RyanHampton

Jerry,

We carry Gallery Fresh stuff, and yes who ever sent you that kit screwed you. Their stuff is nicely packaged. As far as fading, that is unavoidable. Type II aluminum anodize will fade over time no matter what. Unfortunately Type II anodize is what allows you to get all the colors.

We have two different titanium kits - Tapered Head and Custom Head

The tapered head kit is available now. The Custom Head will be available in 3 weeks. PM me to pre-order.

Last edited by RyanHampton; 03-18-2010 at 06:13 AM.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:38 PM
Vader007

Ryan I just PM"d you about a forum discount for members from your website!
I am interested in the polished manifold dress up kit bolts from your website, I have
the APS tall boy plenum but I believe it should work.
Anyways please consider a promo code for us for a discount.
If I didnt have most of the Gallery kit installed already I would have returned it and purchased from you!

Jerry
Old 03-30-2010, 03:30 PM
Vader007

Well I bit the bullet and ordered the manifold kit in polished stainless, still waiting on delivery. There seems to be a problem with the manufacturer sending the wrong size.
I should have them this week as they were receiving the correct ones on Friday.
I will post when I receive them and let everyone know my experience with Baller Bolts
and my opinion of the product.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:34 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cant wait to see it vader!!
Old 04-15-2010, 08:30 AM
Vader007

Well I received the bolts, just have not had a chance to install them yet.
They are simply polished hex head bolts, very nice packaging and instructions as well.
I was expecting something more like these for the money, but they are still nice. https://my350z.com/forum/attachments...s-hampton2.jpg

Quick Reply: Baller Bolts