Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Grille

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 05:06 PM
topdown-z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Aftermarket Grille

I own an 04' SS Roadster and am thinking of putting on an aftermarket grille instead of just putting on the door edge strips along the edges of the existing grille.

I have been looking at the ones that are stainless steel and mount over the existing grille with zip ties that are hidden between the bars of the aftermarket grillle. I'm not a fan of chopping out my existing grille....

My question is: Have some of you Z owners put on an aftermarket grille as I am describing and have you had any problems with it? I am mainly concerned if it caused any overheating issues, etc.... Or any other type of problems.

Thanks for your help.
Old 11-25-2003, 07:33 AM
tonyb7957

Default Aftermarket Grille

I put a Street Scene grill on about 9 mos ago. Purchased from Stillen, don't recall price. Did see it cheaper once I looked up the company.

Not difficult to install, used metal clips that mounted from back of bumper opening to grill. No discernable rattles, but I did get a small indentation (dent) from rock. Only caution is to ensure sharp edges oof grill don't scratch paint on opening.

Next question is whether or not I can still use grill with Greddy intercooler. That may be only other consideration re: choice. (If ziptie install requires OEM grill...)

TB
Old 11-25-2003, 07:41 AM
Moroccan_Mole

i have my street scene/stillen grill for sale ... i went with an aftermarket bumper and i no longer need it.

let me know if you're interested.
Old 11-25-2003, 02:04 PM
t32gzz

I used to own the grill you put on with zip ties and I hated it. It does not allow enogh air flow through it. Also, you can see the zip ties, so I changed to a thin silver wire that was harder to see. I still had the same problems with air flow.

I bought the chrome Stillen/ Street Scene grill later and am much happier.

I have both grills in my garage because I just got a Nismo bumper, so whichever you decide to go with, PM me and I will sell one or both of them cheap!