Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hasemi Vented Hood Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 11:19 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ether do you have high resolution shots?

can you send to me if you do

mikewazowski@***.net

thanks,
victor
Old 12-14-2003, 01:23 PM
Z350Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ether
Oh man........ it looks GREAT.... the hood looks very similar to the hood on Hasemi JGTC car..... I think your car will definitely be a huge attention on the streets!

btw.... if you don't mind, can you post some pics of the close up CF pattern on the hood and also the hinge setup under the hood? Is it the same as the standard one? THanks mate!

Good works!

cheers,

richie
Old 12-14-2003, 03:06 PM
ether

the hinge setup is exactly the same as stock no difference..
Old 12-15-2003, 04:51 PM
iggman

That's one of the nicest z's that I've ever seen!

Those rear (and front) brakes are huge!
Old 12-15-2003, 07:17 PM
ether

Originally posted by Z350Lover
if you don't mind, can you post some pics of the close up CF pattern on the hood
richie, unfortunately the hood has gone back and probably won't be returning to my Z, been rather busy so when I had more time to look over the body pieces.. found that the hood had some fitment issues so its been returned and i'm not going to waste my time trying a second one.. I will try a different brand some other time.. but i'll try to post a crop of the hood from the original high rez files I have, hope that will show what you are looking for, but is pretty standard grayish carbon weave...
Old 12-15-2003, 07:33 PM
ZZZealous007

ether: i need a garage like yours
Old 12-15-2003, 08:28 PM
ether

thanks for the compliments, but I'm just getting it where it should have been from the factory... rather straight forward mods so far..

Last edited by ether; 12-15-2003 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-16-2003, 03:26 AM
ether

richie,

here is a 100% crop of one of the pictures showing the carbon weave

the shot accurately shows the color, its a bit on the grayish side, definitely a lot lighter in color than the top secret piece

let me know if i can answer any other questions on this piece.
Attached Thumbnails Hasemi Vented Hood Question-weave.jpg  
Old 12-16-2003, 01:14 PM
Z350Lover

Thanks ether!!! Really appreciate for the pic!!!

What sort of fitting issue did you run into on this hood? From the picture, it seemed that the fitment was perfect though..

I just spoke to the C-West distributor here in Australia, the guy told me that we will need to be VERY careful when selecting which CF hood to buy, we really need to pay attention to the hinges and where the original hood hatch locks the hood down... because there are the parts kill people in the accident... If it does not have the setup as the original hood, better avoid buying it... there are many cases in Japan that many drivers were decapitated by the hood in the accidents (the hood simply went through the windscreen and you know what happened next)... that's why I wanted to know the hinge setups and whether or not it uses the original hood latch and how it is used...

Not to scare any of you guys (well, I was horrified to hear that and was thinking about not getting any CF hood anymore), but as long as we know what we are getting, we are fine!

Just a message to everyone!

cheers,

richie
Old 12-16-2003, 02:07 PM
Hasemi fan

If it doesn't look good in a test fitting at the shop, I will have them paint it except for the vents
That would look better I think than full CF hood for cars other than black.

Last edited by Hasemi fan; 12-16-2003 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-16-2003, 02:13 PM
failsafe
....for your health

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ether- does the Hasemi hood come with channels for the vents (for when it rains)? Or does it just dump rain into the engine bay?
Old 12-16-2003, 03:33 PM
ether

it has rain covers that fit underneath with a small opening at the front of them to avoid water puddling in the vents .. these are attached by about 5 screws

unfortunately the hood was bowed out too much in the area highlighted in the pic.. basically it was flush with the body near the a-pillar but then was too high in the red area then fit fine at the front.. a manufacturing defect probably pulled out of the mold incorrectly.. potential buyers should realize that this hood is meant to be painted.. lots of small imperfections on the surface, no problems if its prepped and painted but not meant to be used as is..

on the hood pin topic, would definitely recommend moving the rubber strip of the stock hood on to any aftermarket one.. it blocks the air from entering.. but I was also planning on adding hood pins.. just hate the look.. anybody got any idea how secure it but at the same time reducing the visual impact of the restraints?
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
crw_1360-3.bmp (93.8 KB, 91 views)

Last edited by ether; 12-16-2003 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-16-2003, 11:00 PM
Hasemi fan

anybody got any idea how secure it but at the same time reducing the visual impact of the restraints?
I know a guy with a CF hood that actually had a bicycle lock wire or chain and padlock on his hood that had to be undone from underneth the car. He was not only worried about the security of the hood staying down during driving, but also worried about unauthorized access to his battery to disable his alarm, and theft of his engine or it's componants. He had a show car with a lot of expensive stuff so it was worth the inconvienience for him for the piece of mind.

Got a pic of the rain covers? My vented hood on my old car never had such a thing and the water just poured in.
Old 12-16-2003, 11:17 PM
ether

unfortunately didn't take any pictures of the underside.. some water would still enter the engine bay with the rain covers but it would be in only one spot at that bottom of the vents.. looked like it would work fine.. thanks for the info on the chain.. I'll have to think creatively or else just put on some good hood pins. functional over style wins on this one for me

Last edited by ether; 12-16-2003 at 11:21 PM.
Old 12-18-2003, 11:31 AM
mcduck

This is a sweet hood. Bulletproof is quoting a price of $1300... a bit high for me, but it's the only hood I've seen I really like.

on the hood pin topic, would definitely recommend moving the rubber strip of the stock hood on to any aftermarket one.. it blocks the air from entering.. but I was also planning on adding hood pins.. just hate the look.. anybody got any idea how secure it but at the same time reducing the visual impact of the restraints?
I was worried about this too. You could paint the hood pins body color to hide them. Not sure if that would look better or not.

unfortunately didn't take any pictures of the underside..
There was a thread a few weeks ago with underside shots. I'll see if I can find it again...
Old 12-18-2003, 11:37 AM
mcduck

my bad... the vents on the other hood are similar but moved back on the hood a bit. There are pictures of the other hood's underside showing the vents.

Pics can be seen on this thread...
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....highlight=hood

Personally, I like the vents pushed back on the hood better than moved up toward the headlights. Both are pretty nice, tho.