Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Updating Fact. Seats

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 02:57 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Thanks for the info. I didn't know anyone still sold vat-dyed leather, and I've still got one Alfa left which needs new seats. It is hot and sticky in the Summer, especially here in Florida, which is why I only drive the Z this time of year.

FWIW, the OEM leather in my wife's '07 Acura TL-S is pretty bad, and I guess typical of all OEM Japanese leather. I've got cloth in the Z, and will keep it that way.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:14 PM
EmpireDude
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marcus93
Is the leather going to tighten up? Do they just slide over the existing seats?
It has actually tightened up considerably. That is an old pic from the spring. I was just waiting for the summer heat to tighten things up, and it has they replaced the factory covers, and are attached with hog rings just as the OEM.
Originally Posted by bmccann101
mine areant red, they are terra cotta like a flower pot, common OEM porsche color.

as for the other post, no, that leather wont tighten up. You get watcha pay for in this regard, i stick to my guns.
I was concerned as to whether it would tighten up or not, and luckily it has. I am happy with the seats for sure, and if anything were to happen to them I know I could replace them rather cheaply. They are nicer than the OEM leathers I swapped in originally too!
Originally Posted by dcains

Man, my car is also silver, and that red leather is calling my name. I'd like to have some made wih Alcantara Suede for the center panels. One of my Alfa Spider's has seats like that, and they're nice and grippy, not too hot/cold in the summer/winter, and they look great.

I LOVE the red, great decision I get sooooo many compliments on it, and it is one of my favorite bits I've done to the car. Really gives it some character.