Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After Market Steering Hub Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 04:31 PM
defcon83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After Market Steering Hub Recommendations

Hows it going ladies and gents? Im currently in the market to buy a momo steering wheel more then likely a Monte Carlo. My question is what hub would work with the srs reel or what hub do you guys recommend to work with the horn with out having to make any mods to the wiring besides maybe a straight plug in. I am not interested in any quick release just a regular hub. I used to have a s2000 and I bought a hkb boss hub that worked with the oem srs/airbag reel as well as the horn. Do nissans work the same way as far as the srs/airbag reel? Thank you
Old 09-18-2011, 07:24 PM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey bruh,

https://my350z.com/forum/search.php?searchid=14515580

I suggest you do some reading. As for the SRS lights there are mods that can be done to keep the SRS light from blinking, do some research on that too.

As for steering hubs, everyone has different preferences such as brands and what not. Some come with 1 resistors, others two, which eliminate the need to buy kits.

I have the NRG short hub, ver. 3 quick release and the momo millenium evo steering wheel, the instructions suck but it looks clean and oem like.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:31 PM
TehkMob

Originally Posted by defcon83
Hows it going ladies and gents? Im currently in the market to buy a momo steering wheel more then likely a Monte Carlo. My question is what hub would work with the srs reel or what hub do you guys recommend to work with the horn with out having to make any mods to the wiring besides maybe a straight plug in. I am not interested in any quick release just a regular hub. I used to have a s2000 and I bought a hkb boss hub that worked with the oem srs/airbag reel as well as the horn. Do nissans work the same way as far as the srs/airbag reel? Thank you
momo wheel wheel fit momo stuff, so you need adapters if you plan on using anything but momo quickrelease or hub. Most "quality" QR or hub come with wiring for the horn already.

I'm currently using NRG 3.5 QR and short hub and like it pretty well. I played with a rapfix ! and !! and the NRG unit seems alot smoother and user friendly.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:34 PM
defcon83

Thanks for the info, I did my research and Im more then like going with standard works bell, it works with sparco, nardi, personal, and momo steering wheels. It also bolts right over the clock spring and comes with resistors.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:41 PM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

^^^good to hear brotha mayne'

The two complaints I have with my set-up are: I had to make one resistor by buying 5 dollars worth of stuff @ Radio Shack lol and I made a trip to the local hardware store to buy six bolts for the quick release--> steering wheel

Its a personal preference, I didnt want to mix and match different hubs, qr, steering wheel, that and I got a good deal from the vendors on the forum, which I rather buy from them than another source on teh interwebs.

Update pics when you get your set up installed

Old 09-19-2011, 04:15 AM
defcon83

Yea I should be doing this with in the next couple of weeks, I will post
a pic of the set up as soon as im done. thanks guys
Old 09-25-2011, 10:09 AM
defcon83

I finally bought my Works Bell Hub model number 631 for 125.00 shipped. I already installed it I just waiting on my steering wheel. I would highly recommend this hub above any other hub.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:40 AM
350monZter

Hey your set up (steering wheel) is what i want to do.
How far forward does this put the steering wheel?
I have short arms.
Is this going to be more forward than stock?
Thanks

Originally Posted by ImWeeZzel
Hey bruh,

https://my350z.com/forum/search.php?searchid=14515580

I suggest you do some reading. As for the SRS lights there are mods that can be done to keep the SRS light from blinking, do some research on that too.

As for steering hubs, everyone has different preferences such as brands and what not. Some come with 1 resistors, others two, which eliminate the need to buy kits.

I have the NRG short hub, ver. 3 quick release and the momo millenium evo steering wheel, the instructions suck but it looks clean and oem like.