Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are these 06+ headlights legit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Czarrr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rouse350z
Okay for those of u that are interested in these lights, xcess motors on eBay are selling genuine Nissan with everything if u buy it with the Hid kit. I called them to confirm
So you have to buy an aftermarket HID kit for the ebay ones?
Either way, that's not such a bad deal.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:50 AM
Rouse350z

It's not bad at all. I'm going to put my order in the next couple of days
Old 03-02-2012, 11:04 AM
3fifteez

All this seems to good to be true
Old 03-02-2012, 11:19 AM
Czarrr

Originally Posted by 3fifteez
All this seems to good to be true
I know right?
Old 03-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Rouse350z

Well I.called and they said its genuine. So if its not ima just return them for my money back
Old 03-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Rouse350z

Even in their add it says that the parts r made by Nissan themself
Old 03-02-2012, 03:04 PM
saywat?

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

jus so people arent confuse a1 is aftermarket and excess is oem?
Old 03-02-2012, 03:09 PM
3fifteez

Originally Posted by saywat?
jus so people arent confuse a1 is aftermarket and excess is oem?
Yes but the Ebay set does not come with ballasts our bulbs..'but the a1 set does,I called both.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Rouse350z

For the ones from xcess motors on ebay, if you buy it with the hid kit it will come with ballast and bulbs. I just talked to Dave from there and ordered mine. I got them for 765. And I said if it comes and its not made by nissan ima send them back anyway. And he said that's fine cuz he says there will be no problem and that the headlights r from Nissan because they order the lights from Nissan and install the hids before they ship them out, so its just plug and play for whoever buys them. Since I ordered them already I will be the test mouse and let everyone know how it goes
Old 03-02-2012, 04:54 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Subbed for results. I need new headlights
Old 03-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Rouse350z

Well they said the deal is only going on for another week so if u wanna pair u should jump on it. It comes with ur choice of 6000k, 8000k or 10000k hids
Old 03-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Z Fo Sho

Post pics when you get them. Wanna see how they look. Which bulbs did you get?
Old 03-02-2012, 07:35 PM
Viksz33

in for the pics installed
Old 03-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Rouse350z

I will get some as soon as they r in and as for bulbs they r hids that xcess motor makes which I did some research on and are pretty good. Come with Nissan warranty and warranty on the hids
Old 03-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Czarrr

Interested for the results!
Old 03-04-2012, 11:12 AM
sluggoZ

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

For the ones from xcess motors on ebay, if you buy it with the hid kit it will come with ballast and bulbs. I just talked to Dave from there and ordered mine. I got them for 765. And I said if it comes and its not made by nissan ima send them back anyway. And he said that's fine cuz he says there will be no problem and that the headlights r from Nissan because they order the lights from Nissan and install the hids before they ship them out, so its just plug and play for whoever buys them. Since I ordered them already I will be the test mouse and let everyone know how it goes
Just to let you guys on some more research I did...I've been researching these '06 headlights for a while, oem with bulbs & ballast (not claiming oem) & oem without bulbs or ballast & after-market with HID/LED.

My 2 cents worth..... the oem without bulbs & ballast (housing only) has some work to do & could be tricky....in the DIY Body, Interior, Exterior & Lighting section here, member potato did his, "housing only" from the same company I think as mentioned above....probably using a different name. There is more work involved so if your handy and have the time go for it!.....check out his diy.

The ones from 1aauto IMHO is the way to go, maybe not from 1aauto.....there is another company on ebay xtremelights has the same as 1aauto for $354 each which equals $708 pair shipped vs. iaauto's $769.95 pair. Also some of these companies whether on ebay or on the internet or even some vendors here could likely be the same company but with different names & different prices.

If you buy the '06 headlights complete with bulbs & ballast there is still another tweak you have to do....make sure you disconnect the bluewire from the headlight harness otherwise the '06 headlight blinker signal will permanently stay on when driving.....I learned this from another member here.

The after-market HID/LED '06 headlights are cool too but the guys I've talked to are having problems with getting the exact proper level of lighting when doing night driving & not being able to correctly adjust the bulb.

Another tip....always wear gloves or use a hand wrapped towel when replacing new bulbs or hold the new bulb at the base, the new bulbs won't last as long because of the oils in our skin. Gloves will also protect from getting any un-wanted smudge marks.

Personally, I'm still on the fence!!!! Good Luck!
Old 03-04-2012, 11:24 AM
graffkid732

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Compare to legit OEM lights to be 100% sure. Any company can stamp/write Nissan on it and say it's OEM.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:45 AM
vex008

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkleCityHop
Subbed for results. I need new headlights
+001
Old 03-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Rouse350z

Originally Posted by sluggoZ
Just to let you guys on some more research I did...I've been researching these '06 headlights for a while, oem with bulbs & ballast (not claiming oem) & oem without bulbs or ballast & after-market with HID/LED.

My 2 cents worth..... the oem without bulbs & ballast (housing only) has some work to do & could be tricky....in the DIY Body, Interior, Exterior & Lighting section here, member potato did his, "housing only" from the same company I think as mentioned above....probably using a different name. There is more work involved so if your handy and have the time go for it!.....check out his diy.

The ones from 1aauto IMHO is the way to go, maybe not from 1aauto.....there is another company on ebay xtremelights has the same as 1aauto for $354 each which equals $708 pair shipped vs. iaauto's $769.95 pair. Also some of these companies whether on ebay or on the internet or even some vendors here could likely be the same company but with different names & different prices.

If you buy the '06 headlights complete with bulbs & ballast there is still another tweak you have to do....make sure you disconnect the bluewire from the headlight harness otherwise the '06 headlight blinker signal will permanently stay on when driving.....I learned this from another member here.

The after-market HID/LED '06 headlights are cool too but the guys I've talked to are having problems with getting the exact proper level of lighting when doing night driving & not being able to correctly adjust the bulb.

Another tip....always wear gloves or use a hand wrapped towel when replacing new bulbs or hold the new bulb at the base, the new bulbs won't last as long because of the oils in our skin. Gloves will also protect from getting any un-wanted smudge marks.

Personally, I'm still on the fence!!!! Good Luck!
well what i was told by xcessmotors is that the headlights are ordered from nissan at wholeseller price and they install the hids before they ship out so its plug and play. but like i said in an earlier post. i told them if it doesnt come in the box from nissan im telling the delivery guy to send them back. and they guy dave i spoke to said he knows i will have no problem with that. so he is knows that it will come with the nissan factory packaging boxes and that the headlights are genuine nissan. so i believe they will be legit and if they rnt they will be sent back right away.
they were just shipped out today so they should be here in the next couple of days and i will post up pics as soon as i get them and finish a few essays for my college class lol. i will keep you guys all updated
Old 03-05-2012, 02:32 PM
sluggoZ

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

well what i was told by xcessmotors is that the headlights are ordered from nissan at wholeseller price and they install the hids before they ship out so its plug and play. but like i said in an earlier post. i told them if it doesnt come in the box from nissan im telling the delivery guy to send them back. and they guy dave i spoke to said he knows i will have no problem with that. so he is knows that it will come with the nissan factory packaging boxes and that the headlights are genuine nissan. so i believe they will be legit and if they rnt they will be sent back right away.
they were just shipped out today so they should be here in the next couple of days and i will post up pics as soon as i get them and finish a few essays for my college class lol. i will keep you guys all updated
The box's will probably say Nissan, that's what potato got when he order the "housing only"....did you check out his diy?
What I'm also saying & especially for your benefit....if you have a '03-'05 Z, you'll need to improvise a bit because you don't have an '06.....

Quick Reply: Are these 06+ headlights legit?