Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Paint Job Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 11:15 PM
treefiddyzeeh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a little mock up I made in about 3 minutes on the computer of the VMR wheels on straight black.

Also a render of these wheels on a subaru sporting the java black pearl color.

Really rough render, but you get the idea.

Last edited by treefiddyzeeh; 04-02-2012 at 11:45 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:24 PM
Adon

if you really want a unique black why not grab a paint code you like and have it finished with a semi gloss clear coat for a satin finish.

it wouldn't be as common as matte black which seems to be a worldwide craze these last 2-3 years, but it would be unique enough for you not to get bored and pretty much everyone would definitely notice it and would be highly unlikely to brush it off as just another black car

Kentucky eh.... congrats on the Final Four win today, Kansas almost came back, I was on the edge of my seat for a few minutes there

reason I posted this is because I was stuck on the same path as you wanting to just repaint my car "white" but then I took some time to think about it and figured out I didn't just want another "white" car, I wanted something unique.... and when you repaint your whole car to another color, you can definitely end up with something unique

this is my G btw.... custom white I dubbed Cocaine White, finished with a satiny semi gloss clear coat, not full matte, but not full gloss either

http://www.canibeat.com/2011/06/nigh...initi_g35_dpe/

Last edited by Adon; 04-02-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:48 PM
treefiddyzeeh

Originally Posted by Adon
if you really want a unique black why not grab a paint code you like and have it finished with a semi gloss clear coat for a satin finish.

it wouldn't be as common as matte black which seems to be a worldwide craze these last 2-3 years, but it would be unique enough for you not to get bored and pretty much everyone would definitely notice it and would be highly unlikely to brush it off as just another black car

Kentucky eh.... congrats on the Final Four win today, Kansas almost came back, I was on the edge of my seat for a few minutes there

reason I posted this is because I was stuck on the same path as you wanting to just repaint my car "white" but then I took some time to think about it and figured out I didn't just want another "white" car, I wanted something unique.... and when you repaint your whole car to another color, you can definitely end up with something unique

this is my G btw.... custom white I dubbed Cocaine White, finished with a satiny semi gloss clear coat, not full matte, but not full gloss either

http://www.canibeat.com/2011/06/nigh...initi_g35_dpe/

I'm not gonna lie, that is one of the sickest paint jobs I've ever seen... If you could explain it to me in terms that my body man could recreate a similar effect with my color... Or exactly how you did that color so I could swap out the black for white kind of idea. That is definitely an option. However, most satin black finishes I see, unless they are an extremely high dollar sports car, look cheap/unfinished/and almost primered. So I'm not too sure.

Yeah. Badass.

Did I say badass?

Last edited by treefiddyzeeh; 04-02-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:49 PM
treefiddyzeeh

I just put the order of my wheels on hold due to indecisiveness. I tried changing the color to Hyper Black, but they apparently do not offer that color in that wheel for my car yet.

I'm highly tempted to just cancel my order entirely and try to fix my one rear GT V.2 rim. Wait and save up for what I really want and love, Volk GT-S's... Anybody selling a set? If I can get rid of my Forged Rays 370z rims I"ll be well on my way to a used set.

Paint the car deep black and call it dunzo's
Old 04-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Adon

thanks dude, yea basically we started with a normal PPG paint code from LAmborghini Balloon White but I didnt like the test spray, it was a bit too yellow ivoryish to me, so I had the painter kick up the white a few notches until it reached like pure colombian powder type of white, then I had him go crazy with the pearls, so the base coat was a custom pure white with a large mixture of pearls in there..

then from there this is the most important thing to make the finish look good and not cheap is the clearcoat.., he used a high quality clear coat, then adding some flattening agent to it, basically mixing a bit of that liquid that flattens out clear coat, the trick is to add just enough, this all depends on how good your body shop guy is....

i know a lot of guys when they do matte paint job, they just basically paint their cars without adding clearcoat, and this is what gives it that cheap look, because obviously you need clear coat to protect the paint...

When you spray the final coat of clear it its gonna look glossy but once it dries fully is when you find out what it is... this was my ride right after spraying the final clear coat on it, still a little shiny but afterwards perfect mix

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 1535
Size:  61.1 KB
Name:  photo2.jpg
Views: 1443
Size:  50.8 KB
Name:  photo3.jpg
Views: 1426
Size:  51.4 KB

Last edited by Adon; 04-03-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:53 AM
treefiddyzeeh

Default Changed my mind on the wheels...

Now I'm looking for a set of rims for my car, I would like them ideally to be either formula silver, titanium gunmetal, RMS, gold, or whatever... Haha. I'm desperately in need of new wheels as my current 350z track/gt v.2's have a bent wheel from when i bought the car and is not drivable. Volk GT-S Rims... 19x9.5/19x10.5 btw...

Still deciding on the paint.

Also have a set of 370z rays sport package rims if anyone is looking.

Just let me know.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Bhirst

I painted my cavalier with house of kolor black sparkle pearl pbc100. If you use a black sealer and put on 3 coats with a drop coat it looks extremely good. The black looks deep and then in the sun it really stands out.
Here's a couple pictures of it.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Adon
thanks dude, yea basically we started with a normal PPG paint code from LAmborghini Balloon White but I didnt like the test spray, it was a bit too yellow ivoryish to me, so I had the painter kick up the white a few notches until it reached like pure colombian powder type of white, then I had him go crazy with the pearls, so the base coat was a custom pure white with a large mixture of pearls in there..

then from there this is the most important thing to make the finish look good and not cheap is the clearcoat.., he used a high quality clear coat, then adding some flattening agent to it, basically mixing a bit of that liquid that flattens out clear coat, the trick is to add just enough, this all depends on how good your body shop guy is....

i know a lot of guys when they do matte paint job, they just basically paint their cars without adding clearcoat, and this is what gives it that cheap look, because obviously you need clear coat to protect the paint...

When you spray the final coat of clear it its gonna look glossy but once it dries fully is when you find out what it is... this was my ride right after spraying the final clear coat on it, still a little shiny but afterwards perfect mix

This is my primary plan for my GTR.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:27 PM
treefiddyzeeh

Car is getting painted Magnetic Black to avoid any issues with color swapping and to save a couple hundred bucks. Ordering a set of Volk GTS Formula Silver 19" this week. Done stressing over this.