Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever deal with interior-innovations.com or ebay seat covers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 12:30 PM
dls350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever deal with interior-innovations.com or ebay seat covers?

Long story short, someone cut a 6" gash in my driver's seat so I wanted to replace it. Not trying to spend more than few hundred so my options were cheap racing seats or seat cover replacement. I decided to go with the covers because my car only has 30k miles and the seats are in great shape other than the cut.

I did some searching and found Katzkin and Leatherseats.com. But they want close to $600 for just the covers so I started looking on ebay see if there's anything there. I came across a seller that sells replacements for $180. I contacted him with a bunch of questions and saw that the pictures had a link:

http://interior-innovations.com

They also sell genuine leather covers for $350.

So my question is, has anyone used their covers here and how did they fit? These are replacement covers, which means you have to take your stock fabric or leather off and install these instead. I've installed lots of aftermarket seat heaters in cars so I have a lot of experience with seat cover removal and installation.

Here's the ebay link I was looking at:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-08-Niss...#ht_923wt_1163

Please let me know what your thoughts or experiences are with these.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:15 PM
hyuk28719

Originally Posted by dls350
Long story short, someone cut a 6" gash in my driver's seat so I wanted to replace it. Not trying to spend more than few hundred so my options were cheap racing seats or seat cover replacement. I decided to go with the covers because my car only has 30k miles and the seats are in great shape other than the cut.

I did some searching and found Katzkin and Leatherseats.com. But they want close to $600 for just the covers so I started looking on ebay see if there's anything there. I came across a seller that sells replacements for $180. I contacted him with a bunch of questions and saw that the pictures had a link:

http://interior-innovations.com

They also sell genuine leather covers for $350.

So my question is, has anyone used their covers here and how did they fit? These are replacement covers, which means you have to take your stock fabric or leather off and install these instead. I've installed lots of aftermarket seat heaters in cars so I have a lot of experience with seat cover removal and installation.

Here's the ebay link I was looking at:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-08-Niss...#ht_923wt_1163

Please let me know what your thoughts or experiences are with these.
I can't judge from the pictures that they have, but it looks aight. And as far as price, it doesn't seem too bad either. It's probably cheap material that will fade more easily from UV ray, but I don't have any personal experience with this product. If you have lots of experience with seat cover removal/installation, I'd think that this would be a piece of cake for you.
I'm interested in how this turns out.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:27 PM
mr2blackna

Pictures makes it looks good. I too want to know how this turns out. Do these just go over your old ones? or do you have to remove the old ones first. I just need to replace the middle part of my driver side seat. My passenger side is brand new.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:09 PM
FliPPER_Z

them pictures look pretty good...hmm Im definitely interested on a set however Ill wait for your review if you decide to get em
Old 04-14-2012, 03:44 PM
350ZTheStandard

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am sure if you did a search you will find many threads on this topic!!!

Hers are some pics of mine, & I bought them on eBay, you need a couple of pairs of hog ring pliers (Harbor freight) and make sure you get them steamed at a local upholstery shop when you are done.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone ever deal with interior-innovations.com or ebay seat covers?-drivers-seat-finished-1255.jpg   Anyone ever deal with interior-innovations.com or ebay seat covers?-passengers-close-up-1257.jpg   Anyone ever deal with interior-innovations.com or ebay seat covers?-passengers-seat-release-template-1262.jpg   Anyone ever deal with interior-innovations.com or ebay seat covers?-seat-frame-1268.jpg  
Old 04-14-2012, 04:09 PM
mr2blackna

Originally Posted by 350ZTheStandard
I am sure if you did a search you will find many threads on this topic!!!

Hers are some pics of mine, & I bought them on eBay, you need a couple of pairs of hog ring pliers (Harbor freight) and make sure you get them steamed at a local upholstery shop when you are done.
It looks like a lot of work. Did you get the synthetic leather or the genuine leather? How does it feel compared to stock?
Old 04-14-2012, 07:33 PM
amossa

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...at-covers.html
Old 04-14-2012, 11:53 PM
silvertouringz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks good. saved up the website.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:05 AM
JCITY
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be very cautious.
Its the usual,"you pay for what you get" deal.
Like the 95 buck front lips on e-bay.
When it comes to items like seat covers and convert tops,
so much of wrinkles)these covers may work for you.
All in all,they are the same material as you will find at
Pep Boys etc.
I'd pass...
Old 04-15-2012, 08:23 AM
dls350

Yeah these aren't slip on covers that you can get at pep boys. You have to remove your old fabric or leather and install these in its place with hog rings. I emailed the guy and he confirmed that these would work with my side air bags.

I'm definitely getting these but now I need to decide if I'm gonna get real or fake leather. Real is twice as much but it would probably feel a lot nicer.

Any experience with synthetic vs real leather?