Old 04-20-2012, 03:31 PM
2007base350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone please tell me where to get carbon fiber window switch covers

Please
Old 04-20-2012, 03:36 PM
WillyP28

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had mine wrapped by CarbonFiberElement. Tony rewraps your actual switch cover so fitment is 100%, you just have to mail the switches to him. Here is Tony's FB page if that helps.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/carbonfiberelement
Old 04-20-2012, 03:38 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

was too slow
Old 04-20-2012, 03:46 PM
Sickboy101

Received 88 Likes on 42 Posts

Tony wrapped my window switch covers and they look outstanding... check out the pics...
Attached Thumbnails Someone please tell me where to get carbon fiber window switch covers-cf_window_switchs_1lr.jpg   Someone please tell me where to get carbon fiber window switch covers-cf_ws_1_lr.jpg   Someone please tell me where to get carbon fiber window switch covers-cf_ws_3_lr.jpg   Someone please tell me where to get carbon fiber window switch covers-cf_ws_4_lr.jpg  

Last edited by Sickboy101; 04-20-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:14 PM
JCITY
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check with the Z STORE MOTORSPORTS.
They have e'm.Molded CF,installs over your door switch panels/3-M tape.Last I checked,they were $145 for the pair+shipping.

Last edited by JCITY; 04-20-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:43 PM
Sickboy101

Tony's work is far superior to EVO-R junk that the Z store is selling.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:04 PM
Gumby Gone Wild

Originally Posted by Sickboy101
Tony's work is far superior to EVO-R junk that the Z store is selling.
No doubt. I haven't seen poor work from the man yet, and don't expect I ever will. I have no personal experience with him but he seems like the type of guy that takes care of each piece like it was going on his own car.

OP I wouldn't waste the money on the evo-r stuff. Many have said fitment is iffy on their overlay kits.

Last edited by Gumby Gone Wild; 04-20-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:02 PM
JCITY
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Have you actually seen the EVO-R PIECES?

Originally Posted by Gumby Gone Wild
No doubt. I haven't seen poor work from the man yet, and don't expect I ever will. I have no personal experience with him but he seems like the type of guy that takes care of each piece like it was going on his own car.

OP I wouldn't waste the money on the evo-r stuff. Many have said fitment is iffy on their overlay kits.
FYI-I've seen the EVO-R CF pieces sold through The Z Store and others.
Actually,I have mirror,rear strut bar and top of gauge cluste covers and license surround.
All fit perfect.I'm sure not a supporter of EVO-R's way of doing business.
But the products sold through other vendors have worked great for me.
Its all a matter of preference and at times,convenience(having to send out a part to get covered).Price is also a factor.My point is,second hand info may not be reliable.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:39 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 414 Likes on 237 Posts

not knocking Tonys work.. at all.

But theres alot of myth around the other brands etc...Jay is pretty much out of the biz, so evo r is a mute point......i have to tell you all that the evo r and even the ebay jumbo depot stuff is pretty much a dead on fit.. you just cant use tape. .
this is usually the sole reason for the complaints.

Use 100% silicone adhesive and any of them are totally legit..

i bought mine from jumbo depot and they were 100% dead on perfect fit, straight weave, and good finish and were 99 bucks shipped.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:11 PM
Sickboy101

Why not post pics of the products that you're recommending?

I can find numerous threads about the EVO-R crap... Tonys prices are very competitive.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:21 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

yep. we have spoken. Tonys legit.. when i redo things again ill surely use him to just cover my OEM stuff, fitting these doors was a nightmare.

If you can deal w shipping stuff out and the down time etc ( takes a certain kind of individual/sick bastards like us) to do it all the way and to do it right, then Tonesters ur guy.. if youre a newb and are just buying parts here n there off the internet ( 99.99% of the ppl here) , then the ebay stuff really was mind blowningly decent.. i wasnt expecting anything great, but it turned out nice w some know how and good installation tricks. Albeit quite a project, these carbon panels are an afterthought and arent a build priority, so i went the cheap route to have something to play w in the garage while my car was gone this year.

switch panel covers by jumbo depot:
the gap in the front is due to them not being actually installed.. they are just sitting clipped together in my 2nd office room at home here:
Name:  photobucket-10535-1332347231426.jpg
Views: 1112
Size:  38.5 KB

the edges all line up 100% and the switch holes were dead on as well.. no filing, sanding or anything necc. 99 bucks shipped, paid an extra 15 so it wouldnt take a mo from frikn China.

Heres the Evor R stuff, ive had this for 2 years now, needed some edge filing etc to make the gaps and door edges perfect, but as you can see, not bad.

Name:  photobucket-10337-1332347229381.jpg
Views: 1150
Size:  54.7 KB

BUT... Tonesters work is still better, and by paying a guy like that to do your work, youre buying American, and are keeping it in the family and keeping our sport alive.

I bought mine as an after thought and in a great rush, but id say that if it were to be done right, custom covering is a best scenario.
Mass produced is always partially hit or miss.
Up to you OP.

Last edited by bmccann101; 04-21-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:26 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

btw, i should have worded my first post differently.. you are correct, Tonys work IS far superior.. its just that the other stuff isnt all that bad, and i guess ppl have a right to see that stuff too...

But holy hell, i just scrolled up to look at your covers? Im embarassed of mine now.

Those are fantasticly perfect.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:11 PM
beezee

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Can one of you guys that dealt with Tony please give an idea of the waiting time. I know you may not be willing to share the secrete about how much he charges so I would not bother to ask
Old 04-21-2012, 05:20 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Fkn this thread.
Ruined me.
Now I hate all my parts and want to throw a tantrum n then start over w Tonys gear..Damn you all..
Old 04-21-2012, 06:17 PM
Sickboy101

Originally Posted by beezee
Can one of you guys that dealt with Tony please give an idea of the waiting time. I know you may not be willing to share the secrete about how much he charges so I would not bother to ask
First off Tony is an amazing guy to deal with...

The timelines went as follows:

Contacted Tony and he already had oem window switch covers that he could begin working on right away. Took him about a week to do the covers and they arrived a week later. Please note that I live in Canada so shipping takes a bit longer. Once I received the CF covers I installed them and sent my stock covers back to Tony. I've had them in my car for well over a year and they still look mint. Tony also did my strut cover as well and the quality was excellent. You won't find a more down to earth, genuinely nice guy that cares about quality that Tony.

Best of luck!
Old 04-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Sickboy101

Originally Posted by bmccann101
btw, i should have worded my first post differently.. you are correct, Tonys work IS far superior.. its just that the other stuff isnt all that bad, and i guess ppl have a right to see that stuff too...

But holy hell, i just scrolled up to look at your covers? Im embarassed of mine now.

Those are fantasticly perfect.
Great posts bro I appreciate the honest feedback, very helpful information that fellow members can use when it comes to CF wrapping interior parts.

Good stuff! I'll probably be contacting Tony to do some more work
Old 04-21-2012, 06:37 PM
WillyP28

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought the CF center console from Jumbo Depot and they sent me the wrong part and the parts they did send me had poor fitment. I just had Tony wrap my center console last week and that is the route I should have went with the whole time. You have to wait alittle but the final product is by far worth the wait. So far I have had Tony wrap my center console, interior pillars, door switches, coin holder and rear strut bar. By the way Sickboy and Bmccann your cars are sick.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:44 PM
Sickboy101

Originally Posted by WillyP28
I bought the CF center console from Jumbo Depot and they sent me the wrong part and the parts they did send me had poor fitment. I just had Tony wrap my center console last week and that is the route I should have went with the whole time. You have to wait alittle but the final product is by far worth the wait. So far I have had Tony wrap my center console, interior pillars, door switches, coin holder and rear strut bar. By the way Sickboy and Bmccann your cars are sick.
*****, thanks for the kind words...

I'd love to see pics of your centre console. I've been hounding Tony for years to do mine and he always steered me away because of the curve and flex in the console. However he told me he was working with some new materials, I guess he perfected it. I take it that you are local to Tony as he works out of Jersey.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:46 PM
beezee

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Sickboy101
First off Tony is an amazing guy to deal with...

The timelines went as follows:

Contacted Tony and he already had oem window switch covers that he could begin working on right away. Took him about a week to do the covers and they arrived a week later. Please note that I live in Canada so shipping takes a bit longer. Once I received the CF covers I installed them and sent my stock covers back to Tony. I've had them in my car for well over a year and they still look mint. Tony also did my strut cover as well and the quality was excellent. You won't find a more down to earth, genuinely nice guy that cares about quality that Tony.
Best of luck!
Thanks a lot. Now I am sold after all the positive reviews. I need to wrap my window switch covers, piece around the shifter that holds the A/C switches and down the road the whole Radio console. Will contact him monday. Thanks for the info
Old 04-22-2012, 08:23 AM
Gumby Gone Wild

Originally Posted by JCITY
FYI-I've seen the EVO-R CF pieces sold through The Z Store and others.
Actually,I have mirror,rear strut bar and top of gauge cluste covers and license surround.
All fit perfect.I'm sure not a supporter of EVO-R's way of doing business.
But the products sold through other vendors have worked great for me.
Its all a matter of preference and at times,convenience(having to send out a part to get covered).Price is also a factor.My point is,second hand info may not be reliable.
I totally agree with you about price and convenience but it still seems like too much of a gamble to me. I would rather spend a little extra and possibly wait a little longer to know I'm getting top notch work with OEM fitment. Then again I'm super OCD when it comes to my car so even the tiniest imperfection kills me

I forgot the Z Store sold the Evo-R pieces so I don't know about wait time from them, but I know when I did business with Evo-R itself it took forever to get my stuff.

I guess what I should have said is if your goal is a show car then Tony's your man. If you're ok with possibly having to fix some imperfections then go with the Evo-R products, from someone other than Evo-R directly