Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stillen Type I Wing

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 02:19 PM
sundevil67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stillen Type I Wing

I have a stillen type I wing on order, but the more I look at it lately the more I think I may have made a mistake. Anyone have any recommendations for an understated spoiler for a chrome silver Z? I hate all the huge whale-tail type ones and want one slightly bigger than the stock track model version - pics appreciated!

Thanks.

AF
Old 01-06-2004, 02:40 PM
Blue Batmobile
Inventor
Blue Batmobile

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The stillen is pretty subtle imo. It's a nice wing.

Bat™
Old 01-06-2004, 04:10 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Stillen Type I Wing

Originally posted by sundevil67
I have a stillen type I wing on order, but the more I look at it lately the more I think I may have made a mistake. Anyone have any recommendations for an understated spoiler for a chrome silver Z? I hate all the huge whale-tail type ones and want one slightly bigger than the stock track model version - pics appreciated!

Thanks.

AF
Just curious, why are you having second thoughts about it? Reason why I ask is because I had the same feelings as well. First I liked it, then I thought it looked too big, but when I saw it in person, it is really gorgeous. Looks completely different in person. And the material is very good, very flexible. The only thing I don't like about the Stillen spoiler is the recessed rear part of the spoiler, it would look better if it was flat.
Old 01-06-2004, 05:19 PM
zeroday

funny i went through the same thing when i ordered mine. Much like the Z in general, pics don't do it justice usually. Once I got it on the car I haven't regretted it even once. I get many many compliments on it from people that see it in person.

Last edited by zeroday; 01-06-2004 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-06-2004, 06:40 PM
sundevil67

Default Wing

Well,
I am kind of bummed about losing my rear emblems - I wanted to add a "Fairlady Z" to the rear. Maybe you are right, and it is just lousy pictures I am looking at. My car really needs a spoiler of some type, and none of the others I've seen really grabbed me, so I feel like I kind of ordered the one I hated the least! Maybe it is just cold feet though cause once you pay to install something like this it is hard to take back! Actually I had originally ordered the whole stillen body kit, and then changed my mind and got the exhaust instead because I was afraid it was too gaudy (and because it would have taken 3 weeks to install).
Old 01-06-2004, 06:58 PM
zeroday

Default Re: Wing

Well,
I am kind of bummed about losing my rear emblems - I wanted to add a "Fairlady Z" to the rear. Maybe you are right, and it is just lousy pictures I am looking at. My car really needs a spoiler of some type, and none of the others I've seen really grabbed me, so I feel like I kind of ordered the one I hated the least! Maybe it is just cold feet though cause once you pay to install something like this it is hard to take back! Actually I had originally ordered the whole stillen body kit, and then changed my mind and got the exhaust instead because I was afraid it was too gaudy (and because it would have taken 3 weeks to install).
you can still add the emblem to the rear once it's installed. I added a carbon fiber Z to the center of the spoiler (after i took the pics i posted above). i'm like you i think. i've been deciding on which wheels to get for my Z for almost a year now...afraid i'll get the wrong ones and it won't look perfect.
Old 01-06-2004, 06:59 PM
sundevil67

Default Unidentified Wing

Anyone know which wing this is?

Old 01-06-2004, 07:02 PM
zeroday

Default Re: Unidentified Wing

Anyone know which wing this is?

data systems. that, the stillen wing, and the INGS +1 wing are my favorites on the Z.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:18 PM
gunnerz

Is there any drilling required for this spoiler?
Do puddle of water collect on the spoiler? seems like it might catch some rain in there...

From the pics, that spoiler looks great. especially on the silverstone
Old 01-07-2004, 06:53 AM
zeroday

Originally posted by gunnerz
Is there any drilling required for this spoiler?
Do puddle of water collect on the spoiler? seems like it might catch some rain in there...

From the pics, that spoiler looks great. especially on the silverstone
the spoiler does require the drilling of two very small holes. the stock spoiler holes are not used. water doesnt collect in the spoiler, it isn't sealed down to the trunk in the middle so water just passes through it.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:32 AM
Wedge

Your original post about the type wing you wanted (slightly bigger than stock) will be served well by the Stillen type I. I know you will like it once it is on.

As for me, I have ordered one of those "whale tail" types as you called them (Nismo type wing). The two most popular types seem to be the "whale tails" (me) and the "Pidgeon tails" (you)..........hmmmmm........maybe someone will come out with a "lion's tail".........lol
Old 01-07-2004, 09:26 AM
sundevil67

Default Stillen Type I Wing

Thanks everyone, I feel better now. I guess that is what I needed to hear. I originally was hot for the Veilside Version 2 kit, but then I guess my tastes changed when everyone was telling me it was too "batmobile". I will probably love it (the stillen wing) when it is painted/installed - especially with the new 19" Volk Challenge Rims that are also on order I can't wait !

AF
Old 01-07-2004, 02:17 PM
EL Diablo

The Stillen type I wing is hot, if my TRACK didnt come with a wing
I'd get that one.
Old 03-13-2004, 05:08 PM
wannabuyazsoon

Default where can i get it ?

where can i get a stillen wing at a good $$$ ?