Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAUSauto Hood Lock Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 08:05 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Resolving problems via open forum is just retarded, the OP received a PM from Ben already so leave it at that.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:19 AM
PikesPeakZ

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
Resolving problems via open forum is just retarded, the OP received a PM from Ben already so leave it at that.
This and that was my original point. Too often people here falsely make these posts about vendors.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:49 AM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 2,606 Likes on 2,061 Posts

Assuming op attempted to communicate for weeks without a resolution and if the seller did not respond/resolve/help eventually as a public service at least to help keep others from the same fate a thread is warranted.

Look at Z1 N.Y. and how long things went on before the fecal matter hit the fan.

As someone that has been through the ringer with local shops I can feel the pain of someone getting the mushroom treatment from a shop. (assuming he did)

Absent the vendor chiming in it is all conjecture and I think jumping to conclusions in either direction is wrong.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:10 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If the vendor does not respond to him though pm's then sometimes making a thread like this is the only resort. Now, I'm not saying he should have titled the thread the way he did but I have no problem with him starting said thread to get their attention. I mean afterall, it worked didn't it? The vendor has responded so at least now they are communicating and hopefully will come to a resolution. Good luck OP.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:43 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by e30cabrio
Assuming op attempted to communicate for weeks without a resolution and if the seller did not respond/resolve/help eventually as a public service at least to help keep others from the same fate a thread is warranted.

Look at Z1 N.Y. and how long things went on before the fecal matter hit the fan.

As someone that has been through the ringer with local shops I can feel the pain of someone getting the mushroom treatment from a shop. (assuming he did)

Absent the vendor chiming in it is all conjecture and I think jumping to conclusions in either direction is wrong.
True but keeping all things equal... $5k in parts(from multiple individuals so the dollar amount was obviously higher) vs $100 part, is it really that important to post needless threads like this?

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
If the vendor does not respond to him though pm's then sometimes making a thread like this is the only resort. Now, I'm not saying he should have titled the thread the way he did but I have no problem with him starting said thread to get their attention. I mean afterall, it worked didn't it? The vendor has responded so at least now they are communicating and hopefully will come to a resolution. Good luck OP.
^I agree but at the same time your one of the salty guys on here and see things from a different perspective. Remember when Z1 was having issues with Z32's back in the day? Now they're a very well respected vendor(I haven't had the pleasure of dealing with yet). The Forged Performance fiasco with GTM? Intense power? I can name many but I'll leave it at that but those are thread worthy... Trends should be what makes or breaks these vendors and not an isolated event with a single part. Unfortunately most of the newer members don't know **** about **** when it comes to how things work when trying to resolve things... they're turning this into a 1990's AOL chat room.

NO vendor here is without some issue... especially ones that sell a lot of parts that aren't made in house.

Last edited by Flo-ridaZ33; 06-30-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:59 AM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic
Premier Member

I agree with all of that but BAUS is selling more than 100.00 parts and Z1 N.Y. also sold sub 5k parts.

I would not have titled the thread this way and I absolutely would try all avenues to a solution before I posted anything (I still have not posted my issues with two local shops that fooked me)

The thing that irritates me is when people assume the seller is a saint and accuse the buyer of being unreasonable. That is just as wrong as assuming the buyer is telling the complete truth.

If a thread like this is created no one but the two parties know the facts, so it is wrong to call the op out before we have all the info.

Just my 2centavos.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:38 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

I agree with all of that but BAUS is selling more than 100.00 parts and Z1 N.Y. also sold sub 5k parts.

I would not have titled the thread this way and I absolutely would try all avenues to a solution before I posted anything (I still have not posted my issues with two local shops that fooked me)

The thing that irritates me is when people assume the seller is a saint and accuse the buyer of being unreasonable. That is just as wrong as assuming the buyer is telling the complete truth.

If a thread like this is created no one but the two parties know the facts, so it is wrong to call the op out before we have all the info.

Just my 2centavos.
I think we agree on most all the points... This case is a different issue though. Most of these threads end up being taken care of.

As for the Vendors here... I believe they shouldn't have an "iTrader" rating and have a "star" rating. iTrader feedback should only be for members here as they don't owe the forums anything so individual transactions should be listed. The Forum provides these vendors for the enthusiast and why wouldn't the consumer trust a vendor that advertises on the very site he signed up to get valuable info from? Amazon uses a similar set up and being this is one of the better vehicle forums on the interentz I believe we should hold the vendors to a higher standard.

JDS Motoring in my mind would be considered a 5 Star rated vendor and they'd be measured by:

1. Communication * * * * *
2. Shipping * * * * *
3. Price * * * * *
4. Overall experience * * * * *

At the end of each transaction, have the consumer PM a specified mod the transaction report with the star rating above and:

1. Part
2. Order number
3. Name of individual

Keep record of the reports and at the end of the quarter post the star classification for the vendors in the vendor listings. That would cut down on people posting these threads, instill accountability in the vendors for THIS site(most advertise in other sites), and back the vendors who consistently do good work.

It's just a thought.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:42 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I get what you're saying Florida and yes, you and I as well as other fellow "salty" members have the foresight to see when a shop is having a little glitch and when they are out to screw someone. The new guys here could see this thread and automatically dismiss this vendor based on the thread alone, which really isn't it fair. However, I think BAS has a chance to make this right and if they do, the OP should close the thread saying they came to a solution and have the moderator change the title of the thread. With that said, if they do not come through this thread will remain here in all it's infamy and that will be no one's fault but their own.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:43 PM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic
Premier Member

I think we agree on most all the points... This case is a different issue though. Most of these threads end up being taken care of.

As for the Vendors here... I believe they shouldn't have an "iTrader" rating and have a "star" rating. iTrader feedback should only be for members here as they don't owe the forums anything so individual transactions should be listed. The Forum provides these vendors for the enthusiast and why wouldn't the consumer trust a vendor that advertises on the very site he signed up to get valuable info from? Amazon uses a similar set up and being this is one of the better vehicle forums on the interentz I believe we should hold the vendors to a higher standard.

JDS Motoring in my mind would be considered a 5 Star rated vendor and they'd be measured by:

1. Communication * * * * *
2. Shipping * * * * *
3. Price * * * * *
4. Overall experience * * * * *

At the end of each transaction, have the consumer PM a specified mod the transaction report with the star rating above and:

1. Part
2. Order number
3. Name of individual

Keep record of the reports and at the end of the quarter post the star classification for the vendors in the vendor listings. That would cut down on people posting these threads, instill accountability in the vendors for THIS site(most advertise in other sites), and back the vendors who consistently do good work.

It's just a thought.

I think that is a great idea.

If manpower is an issue, I'd volunteer to administrate it.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:39 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

I think that is a great idea.

If manpower is an issue, I'd volunteer to administrate it.
It's a lot of work and maybe it's a IB thing too. I'd like to see it but I understand why it wouldn't be implemented based on the fact the Mods here have little power to what IB considers acceptable practices for paying vendors.

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
I get what you're saying Florida and yes, you and I as well as other fellow "salty" members have the foresight to see when a shop is having a little glitch and when they are out to screw someone. The new guys here could see this thread and automatically dismiss this vendor based on the thread alone, which really isn't it fair. However, I think BAS has a chance to make this right and if they do, the OP should close the thread saying they came to a solution and have the moderator change the title of the thread. With that said, if they do not come through this thread will remain here in all it's infamy and that will be no one's fault but their own.
I very much agree but a lot of the times the member gets what he wants and doesn't update the thread which really does nothing to clear the vendors name.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:20 PM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic
Premier Member

I have seen that time and again where the person gets the issue resolved and we never hear from them again.

That GTR ebay thread is a great example.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:37 PM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OP, keep us informed of the outcome as well as the resolution to your situation.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:17 AM
BAUSauto
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Teha99
Im not surprised. I ordered two nismo v2 front bumpers and he told me they shipped the next day and that he would send me a txt with tracking. Never got it. A week later I called and he said "sorry, I just shipped them today. Tracking tonight". Never got it. A week later I called and he said "they were damaged and shipping company brought them back to us. I will ship out another set. Tracking tonight." Never got it. A week goes by and I call again, he said "I ran out of stock on the fiberglass ones but with the money you gave me for both of them I can give you ONE polyurethane." I said I needed two. He said he couldnt. So I finally grew a pair and cancelled. He said sorry and that ALL future orders for me would be %25 off. The only thing that was quick was the refund.

Called Ben a few weeks ago and texted him about a chargespeed rear replica and he has yet to get back to me.
Time to upgrade to an iPhone. You got PM!

- Ben
Old 07-03-2012, 04:33 PM
blAk mAx

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Situation resolved, refund issued and Ben said they would liquidate the hood latches as they were not aware of the issue.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:44 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Thanks for the update OP.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:46 PM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Great news. Thanks!
Old 07-03-2012, 07:15 PM
PikesPeakZ

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blAk mAx
Situation resolved, refund issued and Ben said they would liquidate the hood latches as they were not aware of the issue.
Glad you got it resolved.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:40 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Great job coming through Ben and team