Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those Gulwing Doors

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 02:53 PM
ZShowCar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Those Gulwing Doors

hey guys, this is my first post, and ive been hesitating joining, due to the fact i use my Z as a show car, and some people on here flame guys like me. but i still look around on the site, and i saw that a guy named Muzzy, had gulwing doors on his Z. ive been looking for something that no other z had here, and i want them. i dont want anybody to tell me not to do it, i just want details. as you can tell, i am very serious. another user here asked about them, and he was not given an awnser, but i want details on how i can get it.

Oh, if its ok, i would like to hear from muzzy, or the other guy on here who used to have them. thank you and have a blessed day.

Last edited by ZShowCar; 07-17-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:02 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...ing-doors.html

http://www.gtfactory.jp/flgtfgal/gullwinggallery.htm

Why not just PM the guy? I won't flame you for the doors but I will flame you for not searching.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:04 PM
TravisFTW

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
[url]https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-
Why not just PM the guy? I won't flame you for the doors but I will flame you for not searching.
exactly what i was about to say, find muzzy and PM him about the doors......?
Old 07-17-2012, 03:05 PM
TravisFTW

https://my350z.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=73243

that should open a PM to muzzy lol
Old 07-17-2012, 03:09 PM
ZShowCar

lol, sorry, that would be the smart thing to do. ill shoot him a PM. thanks for being cool with me guys.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:14 PM
sry110

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Technically I do not think those are gullwing doors, as gullwing doors hinge at the top. But mostly I just wanted the bump my post count.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:18 PM
TPete19

In due to epically nice, non-flamer thread... Or should I say, "In before epic flaming begins"...?
Old 07-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Lil Dre

LOL on the post count thing. it was me who asked about them before. ill be looking forward to what you do. pics of the car? but as you read, all of them took them off. but hey, to each his own.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:36 PM
bluelineshooter

Originally Posted by sry110
Technically I do not think those are gullwing doors, as gullwing doors hinge at the top. But mostly I just wanted the bump my post count.
Yeah I don't think there is a gull wing option for Z's. I think what you're looking into is considered Lambo doors
Old 07-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Lil Dre

Originally Posted by bluelineshooter
Yeah I don't think there is a gull wing option for Z's. I think what you're looking into is considered Lambo doors
He's taking this from muzzys car, so i guess you could call them butterfly doors. they open like a butterfly wing, and dont open normally like lambo's
Old 07-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i thought

was "Gullwing"

and

were "Vertical" doors
Old 07-17-2012, 03:47 PM
jduet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rice azz lambo
Old 07-17-2012, 03:52 PM
bluelineshooter

Now that I think of it... there can't be gull wings for a Z because you can mount hinges to a window.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:53 PM
JCITY
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you are referring to verticle doors.
Gullwing doors,ah....not possible.
If you really want the rice route,do a search for verticle
door kits.CARid.com has e'm as do many others.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:54 PM
beezee

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

In for pics when you are done. You see guys here are very helpful and not flamers as you thought. Hopefully those links help you out
Old 07-17-2012, 04:07 PM
bluelineshooter

Originally Posted by beezee
In for pics when you are done. You see guys here are very helpful and not flamers as you thought. Hopefully those links help you out
We can be helpful at times buuuuut... a part of me thinks that he had another account before, asked a question such as this and got flamed massively and simply just created a new account. Op, I'm sorry if I'm wrong and yes, I too would like to see the final product. I must admit, it's not my thing but anyone who has an interest in modifying their cars is still a fellow car enthusiast and with out personal opinions or preferences, we'd all have the exact same car... most likely 2003 Ford Taurus's... in dark red... and tan leather seats...
Old 07-17-2012, 04:09 PM
bluelineshooter

We can be helpful at times buuuuut... a part of me thinks that he had another account before, asked a question such as this and got flamed massively and simply just created a new account. Op, I'm sorry if I'm wrong and yes, I too would like to see the final product. I must admit, it's not my thing but anyone who has an interest in modifying their cars is still a fellow car enthusiast and with out personal opinions or preferences, we'd all have the exact same car... most likely 2003 Ford Taurus's... in dark red... and tan leather seats...
This was my 500th post!!! Go me! *Virtual high five to all*
Old 07-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

This thread is confusing
Old 07-17-2012, 04:15 PM
ZShowCar

lol congrats on your 500th. No i dont have another account, i was just reading the new posts and saw. im not 100 percent sure i will do it. once i get a reply from muzzy, ill find out, and possibly post a build thread. actually, Lil Dre asked about it. he wasnt flammed, they just told him not to do it.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:19 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 414 Likes on 237 Posts

concur w secret lurker account theory.

Muzzys doors are fully custom and " hand made".. one of.. the doors are incredibly heavy, id imagine it was extremely difficult to do and probably gave him all sorts of structural nightmares.

Lambo doors will eat your door panel to pieces, you wil have to open the door for everyone who gets in your passenger side becuase no one can do it right.. and you want to walk around and open and close doors for your bros?

That equals butsecks... it was terrible. How about the dents above and below your striker point on the door? you have to line it up perfectly or the door desnt close right.. its loud, it bangs, its ten times worse than scraping a speedbump, and your car will feel cheap as all hell.

Im not telling you not to do it.. just as you had asked me not to...

But no one listens to anything on here anyways.. people go online and make these posts to find people to make them feel better about what they know is dumb but want to do anyways 96.4^ of the time, so thats why were all gunshy and just flame away.
Its not just a question of played out and tacky, thats opinion.
Our statements mostly come from facts... its simply the fact of fully hating them when you own them yourself.

Quick Reply: Those Gulwing Doors