Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

Best option for pulling/flaring rear fenders?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012 | 09:32 PM
LeviEubanks

Default Best option for pulling/flaring rear fenders?

Hey guys,

Within the next few months my new wheels will be arriving from overseas. Here are the wheel/tire specs.

Fronts: 18x10-8 225/40/18

Rears: 18x12-8 275/35/18

This setup will be similar to Edafe's (Royal_T) old Weds setup, his was my inspiration. I don't know if I should attempt to pull/flare my fenders myself with a heat gun and a roller, or if I should take it to a body shop and have them do it. I'm trying to keep it from getting too expensive, but I know you have to pay to play. Does anyone have any tips or hints on how to do it properly? What not to do? Any help that you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated, as this will be a pretty aggressive pull.

Thanks,

Levi N. Eubanks
2003 Nissan 350z
Old 08-09-2012 | 09:53 PM
Waiz
Premier Member
Premier Member

If you want it done right have a professional do it and don't just ghetto rig it like all hipsters are doing
Old 08-09-2012 | 09:56 PM
LeviEubanks

That's exactly what I'm planning on doing. However, I want to know if that's how the guys that are actually doing it are having it done. I've seen some that look very nice that are claimed to be done with a fender roller. I'm not even sure what a body shop would charge to do it.
Old 08-09-2012 | 10:02 PM
Waiz
Premier Member
Premier Member

Originally Posted by LeviEubanks
That's exactly what I'm planning on doing. However, I want to know if that's how the guys that are actually doing it are having it done. I've seen some that look very nice that are claimed to be done with a fender roller. I'm not even sure what a body shop would charge to do it.
Here are two threads you can reference, both had tons of fender work done but for two different purposes:

https://my350z.com/forum/media-share...ngry-frog.html

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...y-install.html

Also, there are several examples in this thread too that you can ask for advice for:

https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-...s-welcome.html
Old 08-09-2012 | 10:37 PM
LeviEubanks

Those threads are indeed very useful, thank you for that.
Old 08-10-2012 | 09:42 AM
dvo

wait till the wheels come in, install them with tires, then have the fenders modded to fit them. If you want to do it right, cut the fenders, flare, weld and body work. Looks best this way. Don't be cheap and just try to get away with this using a fender roller.
Old 08-10-2012 | 10:04 AM
tylerxfire

heat and a roller professionally...but i will say pull and roll to what you need..do not pull first
Old 08-10-2012 | 11:15 AM
VMRWheels
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dvo
wait till the wheels come in, install them with tires, then have the fenders modded to fit them. If you want to do it right, cut the fenders, flare, weld and body work. Looks best this way. Don't be cheap and just try to get away with this using a fender roller.
+1

If you want to do it "right" this is really the best approach. You could surely make them fit with a roller, but it won't look as clean.
Old 04-21-2013 | 08:14 PM
USMChris

the fronts are easy to work with cause they are thin metal so if you know what you're doing and take your time then it can come out clean, but the rears on the other hand are a different story cause those B***es are thick *** metal. i'd say get the it done professionally or you'll end up like me with messed up fenders. i'd redo them myself but idk how so it'll end up costing me like $600 just to get them put back with no paint. better to do it right the first time then waste money trying to fix a mistake