Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got my leather seats ordered. Now just have to wait for delivery

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 06:50 PM
ntwillie1

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike100
@ntwilliw1, Thanks for starting a very good thread. Your writing style, explanations, and pictures are excellent.

The side bolsters on fabric seats in older Z’s wear quickly. The solution you describe in your thread is a good fix for this. It’s affordable and looks great. Owners in cold climates might want to consider adding seat heaters.

I’m pushing your thread ttp since I think it is useful, and exceptional threads (as you did here) convert visitors to members.

--Spike
thanks Spike, much appreciated. I plan on doing a complete photoshoot as soon as the seats tighten up. This way everyone can see how they turn out once they shrink a bit and the wrinkles work themselves out.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:31 AM
corsairprime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Replacing the cloth with Solid Burnt Orange Leather

I have just started the replacement process for the factory cloth covers in my 06 LeMans Sunset 6MT. I ordered the Premium Seat covers in burnt orange leather, Shifter Boot and Armrest Covers to match. So far I have done the Drivers seat, shifter boot and head rests on both sides. The effort involved to do this yourself is quite substantial. My fingers were tired after the drivers seat was done. I am very happy with the results. And Yes the sun helps to tighten the covers over time.

One twist on my install is the addition of Seat heaters. My car did not come with factory seat heat so adding them is a bit of a challenge. I bought the corbeau kit for $200. The one I installed in the Drivers seat works really well. I live in the Heat of Texas and I don't really need them but wanted to add this custom touch for future cooler weather driving.

I added a couple small pictures to this post for viewing.
Attached Thumbnails Finally got my leather seats ordered.  Now just have to wait for delivery-shifter-boot-in-leather.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 09-25-2013, 12:04 PM
ntwillie1

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

@ corsairprime, how about a completed pic?
Old 09-25-2013, 12:34 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Quick question for anyone with the real leather upholstery. is this leather vat-dyed (color goes all the way through, and is the same front and back), or is the color just a layer sprayed on the outside surface?