New racing stripes...Pics inside!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 04:40 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by iridelow
It's nice to see different peoples opinions on different cars. When i was young, I liked different things as well, when you grow up, hey, maybe you will too.
Ah... knew you were an older member by the styling of your mod(s).
You're taking our opinions (hate) well. Keep doing what you do but think twice about posting pix lol... unless you want to hear the troof from a bunch of car enthusiasts. Any random person on the street can compliment your car... but it takes a lot more recognition here b/c we all live and breathe Z.

Happy modding
Old 07-17-2013, 05:09 PM
Bmurray350z

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Sorry.. you are progressing in the wrong direction.... Car looked a lot better stock
Old 07-17-2013, 05:21 PM
iridelow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SR71
Jesus Christ at least include a pic of the beach house again so there's at least one nice thing to look at, you planning on getting Lambo doors too?
Fine...here you go.. A few cars I have owned over the years....

Old 07-17-2013, 05:27 PM
iridelow

Originally Posted by stogey420time
Ah... knew you were an older member by the styling of your mod(s).
You're taking our opinions (hate) well. Keep doing what you do but think twice about posting pix lol... unless you want to hear the troof from a bunch of car enthusiasts. Any random person on the street can compliment your car... but it takes a lot more recognition here b/c we all live and breathe Z.

Happy modding
Not old...just wise. Don't live and breath z or any car. just like cars period! The Z is a fun, nice looking car that earns a second look when driving down the street. had many vettes, camaros, mustangs and BMW's, each great on it's own. but I hate a stock looking car period! Thanks for your 2 cents anyway.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:27 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

LOL - you're not fooling anyone, those are caliper covers

Old 07-17-2013, 05:35 PM
BY350z

Old 07-17-2013, 06:31 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looking at your car, I see you like black wheels and lowering it to the ground. That looks like %&$# in my opinion, but it's your car, not mine..So go with what you like. But be careful driving down the road and hitting every small pump in the road....And the wheels, look like you lost your hub caps from a 1970 k-car... just pulling your chain..It's nice to see different peoples opinions on different cars. When i was young, I liked different things as well, when you grow up, hey, maybe you will too....
Why would there be pumps in the road?

Not to racial profile, but...willing to bet OP is a late 40's white guy with a mullet and a beer gut.

Last edited by Ruthless18x; 07-17-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:53 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Old 07-17-2013, 08:12 PM
SR71
Lead Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 305 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Ruthless18x
willing to bet OP is a late 50's/early 60's white guy retired service/ small business owner
Fixed
Old 07-17-2013, 10:00 PM
djwatts

Lol
Old 07-17-2013, 10:25 PM
XM 1

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

you really like stripes aren't you...all of you cars had some LOL
Old 07-17-2013, 10:39 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Old 07-17-2013, 11:08 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Looking at your car, I see you like black wheels and lowering it to the ground. That looks like %&$# in my opinion, but it's your car, not mine..So go with what you like. But be careful driving down the road and hitting every small pump in the road....And the wheels, look like you lost your hub caps from a 1970 k-car... just pulling your chain..It's nice to see different peoples opinions on different cars. When i was young, I liked different things as well, when you grow up, hey, maybe you will too....
It is very obvious that this is your first import and that you are completely out of touch with what is considered acceptable for modding a 350z

That being said, you are of course entitled to modding your car as you want but doesn't mean everyone will agree with your taste.

Your attempt to diss my setup is pretty hilarious since you most likely have no idea about anything on my car

lol that you called me young, didn't know how you could assume my age from my response? I turn 35 this year for your info

Originally Posted by Ruthless18x
Why would there be pumps in the road?

Not to racial profile, but...willing to bet OP is a late 40's white guy with a mullet and a beer gut.
I was thinking the same thing lol
Old 07-18-2013, 01:56 AM
JCITY
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll cut to the chase,its your car,you can do as you like.
However,the graphics will not pass muster in this house.
Trust me...
That saying,looking at your past Vettes,surprise...they had racing stripes.
Also,windshield graphics.Its apparent,you see these stripes as a "should have"
design mod for all your cars.
Thats OK.
Futhermore,I'm not surprised one bit that you are a "older" guy.Most Vette owners
I see are guys in their later years seeking to recapture their youth.So,in a way
you have "Vette-ised" your Z.It makes sense to give it a Smokey&The Bandit/Firebird
look.The quality of the graphics look well done.You must have this old buddy that
does all your cars..
But,IMO...in the eyes of the majority(who cares,right?),what you have done along with the chrome wheels is to cheapen the look of your Z.Sorta goes with the tacky (I really
don't know what it is?)garage sale item standing next to your garage door.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:08 AM
iridelow

Originally Posted by Waizzz
It is very obvious that this is your first import and that you are completely out of touch with what is considered acceptable for modding a 350z

That being said, you are of course entitled to modding your car as you want but doesn't mean everyone will agree with your taste.

Your attempt to diss my setup is pretty hilarious since you most likely have no idea about anything on my car

lol that you called me young, didn't know how you could assume my age from my response? I turn 35 this year for your info

I was thinking the same thing lol
Well, point taken, but 35 is young....As for my first import, wrong. I have a 530i that does not have stripes, my BMW Z4M I used to own, did not have stripes, I have had a 260z, 280Z...no stripes. Lets see, had several other nissans, honda's and other imports, no stripes. My two camaro's did not have stripes and the 4 mustangs I had over the years, only one had stripes. To me it depends on the car and the color. Yes I like stripes on many sports cars, not sedans,
not trucks. I see most of you guys on this forum don't like stripes and that's fine. And I am not "dissing" your set up, just from what I see, it's not my taste. Black wheels look cheap, to me, and lowering a already low sports car is normal to many ricers as I see. The 350z is not a very fast car and was not made to sit on the ground, but it's your car do as you wish, you make the payments, or bought it, whatever, enjoy it the way you want to..
Old 07-18-2013, 04:34 AM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Meh on the stripes..sorry dude you put this up on a forum you might get good criticism or bad. At your 'age' you should know that, and waizz's car is lightyears ahead of your striped 350 imo.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:50 AM
CH@Dbee

I expected it to be much worse than what it is...I'm still not a fan though, and there is no way I'd ever put racing stripes on a 350Z, they should stay on classic muscle cars in my opinion.

Also.....please SHUT THE FU*K UP about the "hating"!!! Oh my God people, nobody is "hating", when a person is "hating" they are talking down about about something they want, but can not obtain, so they "hate" because they are jealous. If I pulled my **** out in front of you and and asked you what you thought about and you said "ew dick!" could I call you a hater? ......I didn't think so. There needs to be a sticky on this forum about the mis-use of the word hater. Sheesh.

Last edited by CH@Dbee; 07-18-2013 at 05:01 AM.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:37 AM
bstingZ

Guys and Gals, I am very pround to see this forum up for all z owners with all ages, I wish everyone would be very mindful about their comments. Keep in mine that members in this forum are also very pround owners of their Z and want to share what they have. I wish everyone be respectful to their comments. I would hate to see Z members here call this forum that members are all dic$ and puss$ when other ask about this forum. Love every Z here. Peace everyone.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:50 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Please don't put caliper covers on the Z.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:48 AM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Black wheels look cheap, to me, and lowering a already low sports car is normal to many ricers as I see. The 350z is not a very fast car and was not made to sit on the ground, but it's your car do as you wish, you make the payments, or bought it, whatever, enjoy it the way you want to..
I think you're mistaken a hellaflush drop to a race car drop. Waizzz's drop isn't hella'dumpt... it's fully functional, because race car.

Quick Reply: New racing stripes...Pics inside!