Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New racing stripes...Pics inside!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 07:49 AM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep in mind that this is coming from a guy that believes in personalizing his Z's and usually not to other folks' taste. I've taken my beatings over the years for my bad choices and you'll never get recognized for your good choices because it just doesn't work that way. If you stick with the car long enough to see other Z's that have been done well, your taste will mature and you will recognize the bad choices (and the "why" behind it) on your own.

Since you posted it up for opinions.

1) I'm glad that you put "350Z" on the front window. I wasn't quite sure what kind of car it was. /sarcasm *I couldn't help myself*
2) I've done the stripes thing myself and can say that it's very difficult to get stripes to flow well on the Z. Nice execution, but the design is very "mustang/vette" and not my fav
3) As mentioned by others, the offsets on your wheels are pretty weak - get some spacers and it will look much better
4) I'm not a fan of chrome wheels on a Z either, so that isn't my fav
5) Not a fan of the tiny stock calipers painted red, but its your car - IMO, buy a BBK if you can afford it, but don't try to fake it with tiny rotors and calipers underneath paint or covers. I will fool a 14 year old kid, but any reasonable sportscar enthusiast is going to laugh/ridicule this poor decision

Just so its fair, you can pick on my cars too (I can pick them apart on my own too) -

The original (I KILLED IT WITH WIRE):

Most recent:

Last edited by SparkleCityHop; 07-18-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:04 PM
Pete5150

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racecar drop!!

Originally Posted by stogey420time
I think you're mistaken a hellaflush drop to a race car drop. Waizzz's drop isn't hella'dumpt... it's fully functional, because race car.
I like that term racecar drop to distinguish from hella flush. I have a racecar drop and would happily put it up against your vettes if you think the z is slow. By the way, I'm not a fan of the racing stripes, but your friend did a good job and I think they flow well with the lines of the car. Also like that blue ZO6!
Attached Thumbnails New racing stripes...Pics inside!-image.jpg  
Old 07-18-2013, 04:14 PM
iridelow

Originally Posted by CH@Dbee
I expected it to be much worse than what it is...I'm still not a fan though, and there is no way I'd ever put racing stripes on a 350Z, they should stay on classic muscle cars in my opinion.

Also.....please SHUT THE FU*K UP about the "hating"!!! Oh my God people, nobody is "hating", when a person is "hating" they are talking down about about something they want, but can not obtain, so they "hate" because they are jealous. If I pulled my **** out in front of you and and asked you what you thought about and you said "ew dick!" could I call you a hater? ......I didn't think so. There needs to be a sticky on this forum about the mis-use of the word hater. Sheesh.
Grow up! Your mother would be proud of your nasty mouth! Oh by the way, I HATE your dirty mouth and it does not belong on any forum!
Old 07-18-2013, 04:16 PM
iridelow

Originally Posted by Pete5150
I like that term racecar drop to distinguish from hella flush. I have a racecar drop and would happily put it up against your vettes if you think the z is slow. By the way, I'm not a fan of the racing stripes, but your friend did a good job and I think they flow well with the lines of the car. Also like that blue ZO6!
Thanks for the nice way you posted your opinion, some folks on this forum could learn to respond with class as you did!
Old 07-18-2013, 04:55 PM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

I don't understand why so many people are getting upset about the stripes. To me, they look great and your friend did an outstanding job. I have often thought about getting stripes but could never visualize how to make them look right on the Z. Your solution is perfect. Back in the 50's and 60's. lots of sports cars ran racing stripes. I liked them back then and I still like them today. I guess some of the youngsters will now claim I'm one of the older members on this forum Maybe I am, I'll be 70 this November. I've been a car lover all my life and plan to keep playing with cars for many more years. Here is a picture of my Z..............
Old 07-18-2013, 05:24 PM
iridelow

Originally Posted by KornerCarver
I don't understand why so many people are getting upset about the stripes. To me, they look great and your friend did an outstanding job. I have often thought about getting stripes but could never visualize how to make them look right on the Z. Your solution is perfect. Back in the 50's and 60's. lots of sports cars ran racing stripes. I liked them back then and I still like them today. I guess some of the youngsters will now claim I'm one of the older members on this forum Maybe I am, I'll be 70 this November. I've been a car lover all my life and plan to keep playing with cars for many more years. Here is a picture of my Z..............
Maybe it's and "older" thing w/ the stripes. Awesome, at your age loving cars and still driving a sports car. Love the color of your Z and even though I'm not a fan of black wheels, yours with the polished lips on black and on a gray car do look good! You got me by 20 years, but I plan on having a 2 seater sports car until I stop breathing!!!
Old 07-18-2013, 05:40 PM
Sickboy101

Received 88 Likes on 42 Posts

I think the Nismo stripes would have been more effective given you have a thing for stripes.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:36 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by Sickboy101
I think the Nismo stripes would have been more effective given you have a thing for stripes.
Agreed. This is the proper way to stripe a Nissan. Edit: Notice the forged silver wheels on the 350z, they're the same as Waizzz's.

Last edited by mr. sparco; 07-18-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:52 PM
ZS14RR

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hardy Har Har....
Old 07-18-2013, 08:18 PM
Pete5150

Originally Posted by iridelow
Thanks for the nice way you posted your opinion, some folks on this forum could learn to respond with class as you did!
Z family is still Z family!! Except for the guy with all the stick on mods from YouTube.... You've all seen him, I hope. He's been disowned.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:59 PM
solrchrgd

Originally Posted by kickstan
So many opinions, LOL, your car is a statement of your individuality, just as some prefer long hair, some short hair, some go for the bald look...... otherwise we would all be driving Ford Focuses. The only thing that matters is if YOU like it, then it's worth it.
I agree!!!
Old 07-19-2013, 05:03 AM
meanz

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Do not like, but hey do whatever you want, it's your car..
Old 07-19-2013, 05:20 AM
C5_vette

Not really feeling the overall look of the car or the stripes, then again there are very few cars that can pull off stripes in my opinion. However if you like it then keep it going, just realize that many people in the scene will probably make some sort of disparaging remarks regarding the stripes.

Originally Posted by CH@Dbee
nobody is "hating", when a person is "hating" they are talking down about about something they want, but can not obtain, so they "hate" because they are jealous.
+100000 The amount of times I have said this is nauseating. Such a miss-used term.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:44 AM
fairladyinit

Originally Posted by iridelow
Good friend of mine has a graphic vinyl shop and we sat down and designed these stripes for my car. They are black and gray, to match the interrior of the car and he designed them to match with the lines of the car from front, over the top and down the back. Here are some pics, what you guys think?
In all honesty the work done on the stripes is pretty good. I've seen a number of owners who did a terrible job placing stripes on their car and the lines being off or just looking cheap. Do I like stripes or the wheels on your car? Personally, no but it's like everyone's been saying "to each their own". I would recommend removing the 350z decal from your windshield. I understand it may look sporty or cool but it doesn't work on any car, whether it's a Nissan 350z, Ferrari F430 or just a Toyota Prius. I don't know how this became an argument of age, I'm only 27 but that's not why I don't like the stripes on your car. I love stripes on other cars though, perfect example is the Ford Gt.

Last edited by fairladyinit; 07-19-2013 at 09:04 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:40 AM
abarclay

Received 157 Likes on 109 Posts

Thank you for helping my Z look better OP
Old 07-19-2013, 03:36 PM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

Here is a picture of a beautiful car with racing stripes. Stripes aren't just for muscle cars.
Attached Thumbnails New racing stripes...Pics inside!-austin-healey-sprite.jpg  
Old 07-19-2013, 05:14 PM
saywat?

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i hate it when domestic car owners (american muscle enthusiasts) try to apply that heritage to japanese cars. makes me sick. lol vette owners always putting those fake caliper covers on. but then again theyre usually old middle aged guys so to them anything is cool
Old 07-19-2013, 05:44 PM
DarkCreep

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Im so glad I dont drive that Z.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:26 PM
nogoodname007

Those stripes look amazing! Very sporty!

Which wheels are those?
Old 07-19-2013, 09:29 PM
beezee

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Artistic?. yes, but in the wrong place i think. I guess a lot of time went into it so I understand why suggestions to rip them off would hurt. But if the idea of posting the pics was to help with deciding whether to keep it or not, you have your answer I guess. For the most part I think you have shown maturity in the way you handled some of the "opinions".

Quick Reply: New racing stripes...Pics inside!